Sirens-of-Titan

Mitgardia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Greetings fellow Mitgardians. Just a quick reminder to say I shall be starting work on the final version of our map of Mitgardia this week. If you still want anything included let me know by tomorrow.

Here's a look at my Dwarven tower:

Very nice, and clever use of components as well! :sweet:

Progress!

I just got three orders through the post, so building tonight, pictures to follow. :sweet:

Hello, my name is Klaklaklara and I`m leader of the village Lärostrand. The village lies hidden in the mountains in the middle of the map.

It took me a long time to reach civilitazion and I have prepared to build a way to you all. My men are strong after working in the mines and are ready to build and destroy at my command.

With me I brought the usual tower guarding mines or important areas. It is not as good as the other towers but we have lived aalone too long and havent developed so much.

I hope I will give you help to make the Mitgardians the most powerfull guild of them all.

My tower and leader will come as soon I have posted 5 comments...

Are those golems on our side? Ha, a gold golem is worth 10 Drow scouts, even those they call worthy nocturnians!

Of course they are! :classic:

I'm the biggest manufacturer of those in these lands. And the most stylish too! :grin:

10, bah! No less than 15, I'd say. They don't sleep, they don't eat, they don't drink, they can resist almost every magical and physical attack, they won't let anyone pass unless it's the member of our guild or a foreign merchant with a permission to trade in our lands! Priceless they are! :grin:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Gold golems! HAHAHA

Brings me back to Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Tower race.. Golem manufacturers.. Time to make us some strong Iron golems and steel golems from the Ore that is rich in the mountains and owned by our friendly Mitgardian dwarf lords.

And Stone gargoyles born from the Northern cliffs!

Maybe i'm moving too fast ahead into fantasy , in this rather historic castle setting?

But imagination and builidng them has always been a part of Lego, isn't it?

I've got a few Jotun Frost giants at the moment being built, they could be on our side, or as wild population.

That said, Pengus, I'll order 2 gold golems please. and fit 1 of them with a translator head that knows 6 million languages that I can bring about on our economic trade across Historica :) ->c3po lol..

Golden golems! Brilliant!

I may even have...borrow...this idea for Kaliphlin.

Golden golems! Brilliant!

I may even have...borrow...this idea for Kaliphlin.

Try that and you'll pay with your lives since, I being the only manufacturer of those, know that they will not work and attack you if you do not pay for them! So, I'm eager to sell those! :grin:

Try that and you'll pay with your lives since, I being the only manufacturer of those, know that they will not work and attack you if you do not pay for them! So, I'm eager to sell those! :grin:

Ah, but you see I'm concerned about the weight of solid gold golems; it might be a disadvantage when traversing the desert sands. Allow me to explain.

Your gold golems are essentially lumps of animated gold, correct? Their animation relies on their entire form being enchanted to move, yes?

My proposal is not nearly as grounded in magic to animate. Instead of a golem, the construct is more like an automaton. Plates of metal wrap around magical circuitry, linking to a crystal core, effectively making the construct lighter.

I visualise it like this; gold golems have magic running through their whole form, while gold constructs will have a larger mass of magic in the core, with small quantities flowing throughout the body.

So you see, they're not really the same. Similar? Maybe. But not similar enough to be manufactured by the same person.

:laugh:

Ah, but you see I'm concerned about the weight of solid gold golems; it might be a disadvantage when traversing the desert sands. Allow me to explain.

Your gold golems are essentially lumps of animated gold, correct? Their animation relies on their entire form being enchanted to move, yes?

My proposal is not nearly as grounded in magic to animate. Instead of a golem, the construct is more like an automaton. Plates of metal wrap around magical circuitry, linking to a crystal core, effectively making the construct lighter.

I visualise it like this; gold golems have magic running through their whole form, while gold constructs will have a larger mass of magic in the core, with small quantities flowing throughout the body.

So you see, they're not really the same. Similar? Maybe. But not similar enough to be manufactured by the same person.

:laugh:

You sound as if you ever managed to look inside my golems! :poke:

Seriously, it's a fair competition, so let it remain so.

good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Great entree Minister Penguinuis! I knew you would put our Guild's gold towards our mighty military machine, I just didn't know that the gold itself will be said machine! :grin:

Welcome Blockburn! Or should I say, Kārlis von Blockburn. :wink: I'm happy you chose Mitgardia as the place to call home! Looking forward to seeing your work. :thumbup:

@ Viceroy: It looks like people are happy with your map, we all eagerly await the finalized version! :grin:

Guildsmen, as you are aware the date by which our fortifications are to be finished is Dec. 15th. That still leaves a great deal of time to refine our models, take great pictures and make the best possible presentation. Which brings me to the word of the day: Prizes!

Yes, we are finalizing an unprecedented reward for contest winners that will make any history-loving-eurobricker's jaw hit the floor. I can't say more, stay tuned, keep building and trust that you will not be disappointed. :wink:

Long live Mitgardia!!

If it`s ok I send 4 messages so i can show my avatar and tower... 2

3, I`m surely going to get banned for taking out space...

I don´t understand why you have to post 5 posts...? Just link your images from flickr as you do on swebrick and it will be fine or have I missed something?

I don´t understand why you have to post 5 posts...? Just link your images from flickr as you do on swebrick and it will be fine or have I missed something?

well, beacuse stopping spammering or something, going to continue on my countdown now...4

well, beacuse stopping spammering or something, going to continue on my countdown now...4

I think de Gothia is telling you that you may need 5 posts to "attach" an item in a post but you do not need 5 posts to "link" images or websiets into a post. Just click on this button picture.png and entry the URL of a photo or this button link.png to create a link to another site with photos. Flickr and Brickshelf are both free and host plenty of LEGO pictures.

Do we yet have a finalized map of Mitgardia? I plan on revising my tower and I need to find a suitable place for it to situated in this cold land.

You sound as if you ever managed to look inside my golems! :poke:

Seriously, it's a fair competition, so let it remain so.

good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Haha!

But really, it's an inspiring idea that you've had, or else I wouldn't want to pinch it! :tongue:

Guildsmen, as you are aware the date by which our fortifications are to be finished is Dec. 15th. That still leaves a great deal of time to refine our models, take great pictures and make the best possible presentation. Which brings me to the word of the day: Prizes!

Yes, we are finalizing an unprecedented reward for contest winners that will make any history-loving-eurobricker's jaw hit the floor. I can't say more, stay tuned, keep building and trust that you will not be disappointed. :wink:

Long live Mitgardia!!

What? Now it's a contest, with prizes? I was just building my tower for fun.

With the 32x32 size restriction, is that for just the tower or the whole model?

What? Now it's a contest, with prizes? I was just building my tower for fun.

With the 32x32 size restriction, is that for just the tower or the whole model?

Although MOC's are generally fun and there to enrich the sense of the Guild, there are prizes given out for those who build the best in challenges. For example, the 5 best watchtowers from every guild will be judged and the winning Guild gets a little something to reward their efforts and innovation. :wink:

For full details see the Watchtower Challenge Post

I think de Gothia is telling you that you may need 5 posts to "attach" an item in a post but you do not need 5 posts to "link" images or websiets into a post. Just click on this button picture.png and entry the URL of a photo or this button link.png to create a link to another site with photos. Flickr and Brickshelf are both free and host plenty of LEGO pictures

I have been having similar Issues but your post makes it clearer now. :look:

Still will not allow until I have made five posts! :blush:

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. displayed in Red on Pink?

Edited by beardurham

dude, there aint no problem, just deeplink your pics and all is cool, what you're doing right now could be considered spamming ...

dude, there aint no problem, just deeplink your pics and all is cool, what you're doing right now could be considered spamming ...

What is a deeplink? I thougt I would be banned so...

Edited by Kklaklaklara