Sign in to follow this  
sok117

Cat 1: Arkham City

Hello everyone!

It is with great pride that I present to you my entry into category 1 of the Batman Contest! After recently playing Batman Arkham City, I've been fixated on recreating a slice of the city for the contest. So here is an overall view

6360428137_4eaa54a014.jpg

Arkham City by sok117, on Flickr

As you can see, I focused a lot on creating a living hell in Gotham city, the boarded up windows and doors, the spilled garbage, the assault in the alley way. There are two buildings, a deserted bank, and a small storage building, I used mini T-rex's as gargoyles, and lots of pillar-like architecture for the building. There are also a lot of details in and around the street, Street Lamp, fire hydrant, payphone, boxes, Joker Bombs (Purple Cones). I decided to make a nice snot road to display my batmobile, I built it and ripped it apart close to 14 times, I always wanted to make it smaller, but to get in all the details, it had to be 8-wide. It still looks very good in my opinion.

6360428193_812e5dd452.jpg

Inside by sok117, on Flickr

The back offers a lot of hidden surprises that give a nod to the game. There are holes in the top and bottom floor of the building to allow access from the outside. The top floor has lent it's roof to a number of bats, and whats that on the barrel? A riddler trophy! Riddler trophies are hidden all throughout the game, they unlock concept art, challenges, and character trophies. The second floor of the bank has been used as a base of operations for the worlds greatest assassin; Deadshot. It's a little dark, but his sniper rifles are on display on the desk along with a brief case. The first floor is a resting place for the thugs of Arkham City, if you've played the game, they always complain about how cold it is, so I built them a nice log fire.

The game also hints at Scarecrow planning to unleash fear on Gotham, the second building is devoted to Scarecrow, the top floor is housing viles of his concentrated fear gas, and on the lower floor Scarecrow works to develop a new more harmful strain of fear gas.

6360428261_7f0cc6534b.jpg

Batmobile by sok117, on Flickr

A better view of my slick Batmobile, Batman decided to use the car as a distraction so he can isolate and knock out armed thugs one by one. The henchmen however have no idea that there is no chance of getting through the security of the Batmobile.

6360428309_a0a0509eb5.jpg

Batman!! by sok117, on Flickr

Batman has grappled up to the roof of the bank to take out the armed henchmen, Now he can take out the rest.

6360428585_7ddb94e740.jpg

Scarecrow by sok117, on Flickr

I liked the idea of incorporating elements of the game into the moc, here you can see Scarecrow perfecting his fear toxins on his victims. But players of the game will no a structural weakness when they see one. A dab of explosive gel and an instant KO to the unsuspecting villain.

6360464275_3635402556.jpg

Cryptographic Sequencer by sok117, on Flickr

Another gadget is the cryptographic sequencer, Batman can use these to hack doors and gates, perfect for collecting riddler trophies!

6360428363_db3c4c580a.jpg

Grate Moves! by sok117, on Flickr

Grate Moves Batman! Riddler Trophies like to hide behind these pesky grate covers, but they fold to the strength of Batman!

6467883481_ae47dc2845.jpg

Batmobile by sok117, on Flickr

by popular demand, I've added a better and cleaner view of the Batmobile for your viewing pleasure. If you wish to build this badboy, I should be able to post instructions on the weekend. :sweet:

Thanks for looking at my entry, more photos are at Arkham City on Flickr

I'm really pleased with my work, and I'm impressed with all the details I managed to cram into the moc. Thanks again for looking, comments are appreciated!

`Sok117 :sweet:

Edited by sok117

I'm really pleased with my work, and I'm impressed with all the details I managed to cram into the moc.

You sure seem pleased with yourself. :tongue: And you should be. This is one impressive entry. :thumbup: The standard for this contest seems to rise every day! :wacko: I haven't played the game, but from what I can tell, your MOC seems to be pretty faithful. And your Batmobile came out really good!

Good luck!

:wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool: Very nice! I loved the first game and am waiting for xmas to pick up this one. I love all the gadgets you made up for this. Great work!

Just simply AWESOME 'sok117' and that Bat-mobile is the bomb....one of the best I've seen built in Lego ! :thumbup:

Good luck in the contest and Bat-brick On same Bat-time same Bat-station ! :laugh:

I have yet to play Arkham City, but that's pretty darn awesome...the batmobile in particular is great.

and I really like the batman kick pose ;)

Wow! I don't think EB ever saw so many awesome Bat-MOCs! That is outstanding! :classic:

I really like the general feel you gave the scen. But what I value even more is the fact that it's action-filled! :thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

well done sok117 !

inderstand now your previous comment on my pic !

I agree with Sci-Moc the position of the fig is very great. !

Well done and good luck for the contest !

My word! This is amazing sok! The attention to detail is great, with the Toy Solider Joker goon, the aerial takedown, the gadgets, it's all perfect - just like a screenshot from 'LEGO Batman: Arkham City'!

Your batmobile is much much better than TLG's upcoming version, and definitely the highlight of this entry. Kudos also to the realistic action scene of Bats in the roofdeck, particularly the effective upside down positioning of the cape - really very clever. :thumbup:

You sure seem pleased with yourself. :tongue: And you should be. This is one impressive entry. :thumbup: The standard for this contest seems to rise every day! :wacko: I haven't played the game, but from what I can tell, your MOC seems to be pretty faithful. And your Batmobile came out really good!

Good luck!

Yeah, it's my first time building buildings like this, before this I just built star wars. But I'm really pumped to try my hand at other Gotham scenes. I agree with the standards, A lot of these scenes are really impressive. :blush:

:wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool: Very nice! I loved the first game and am waiting for xmas to pick up this one. I love all the gadgets you made up for this. Great work!

Thanks! Don't wait to pick it up, it's excellent! You'll love it if you liked the first game. I really wanted to add in as many game related things as I could possibly do. :sweet:

I really like your deadshot figure, mainly because it's purist and now I can make him myself :tongue:

Just send some credit my way if you do. It's not 100% accurate to the game, but so long as you use that face it works.

love that you made it city scale too

Well I sure as heck wouldn't make it mini, or UCS, or even moodland-scale! :laugh: Thanks for the comment though! :classic:

Great batmobile!

looks great! :sweet:

Thanks, I think I'll put up another shot of the batmobile to show off more of it's sexy curves. :wub:

Just simply AWESOME 'sok117' and that Bat-mobile is the bomb....one of the best I've seen built in Lego ! :thumbup:

Good luck in the contest and Bat-brick On same Bat-time same Bat-station ! :laugh:

Wow, thanks for that comment! That means a lot to me! one of the best? :blush: Thank you ver very much! :blush:

I have yet to play Arkham City, but that's pretty darn awesome...the batmobile in particular is great.

and I really like the batman kick pose ;)

Thanks, I'm sure you'll like the game, it's awesome! Batman Kick Pose FTW! :grin:

Wow! I don't think EB ever saw so many awesome Bat-MOCs! That is outstanding! :classic:

I really like the general feel you gave the scene. But what I value even more is the fact that it's action-filled! :thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Yeah, I really wanted to transfer the action of the game into the moc, and I knew I could only accomplish this with loots of goons doing goon-type things. Thanks for you comment! I hope this contest inspires people to build more Batman mocs! :sweet:

well done sok117 !

inderstand now your previous comment on my pic !

I agree with Sci-Moc the position of the fig is very great. !

Well done and good luck for the contest !

What comment :look: ?

Thanks for the luck, I'm gonna need it against you! :tongue:

My word! This is amazing sok! The attention to detail is great, with the Toy Solider Joker goon, the aerial takedown, the gadgets, it's all perfect - just like a screenshot from 'LEGO Batman: Arkham City'!

HAHAHA, Thanks Lego:Batman Arkham City would be awesome! I'm really glad that as a player of the game you can see all the things that went from the screen into the Moc! Thanks for your comment! :sweet:

Your batmobile is much much better than TLG's upcoming version, and definitely the highlight of this entry. Kudos also to the realistic action scene of Bats in the roofdeck, particularly the effective upside down positioning of the cape - really very clever. :thumbup:

Thanks, although is that really saying much? The TLG batmobile is pretty darn bad in my opinion, but I knew I wanted to kind of highlioght it in my entry, It looks pretty darn good :wub: . Nevertheless Thanks for your comments! :sweet: Gotta love minifig positioning! :laugh:

Once again thanks for all the Replies everyone!

Yes! An Arkham City MOC! I got the game yesterday, played a little, and can't wait to play more.

The whole thing is fantastic!! My favorite parts:

*really like how you "framed" the whole piece with the gray border and batarang.

*the batmobile is great! You really captured the look from the Arkham titles with the rear fins, pearl silver engine, and the overall shape.

*I'm a huge fan of play features, and you have so many great ones in here: the hidden Riddler trophies, the payphone for the phonebooth killer, exploding walls with the bat-gel, the cryptographic sequencer... it just goes on and on! +1 for including video game reference in your presentation for those that haven't played the games.

*the aerial takedown at the top is another nice game reference, and a great way to make the Batman minifigure stand out in your display.

Wow! this is very well done!

I really like that batmobile. Is it possible to shoot a few close-up shots of it?

Or maybe an ldd file?

I'd love to build it, and I hope you won't mind if I do? Alle the credits would go to you of course.

What is the face used for Deadshot? I've never seen it before. :wacko:

Exellent entry, very faithful to the game. :thumbup:

The face used for deadshot is from the desert ambush prince of persia set.

Thanks for your comment though!

Yes! An Arkham City MOC! I got the game yesterday, played a little, and can't wait to play more.

The whole thing is fantastic!! My favorite parts:

*really like how you "framed" the whole piece with the gray border and batarang.

*the batmobile is great! You really captured the look from the Arkham titles with the rear fins, pearl silver engine, and the overall shape.

*I'm a huge fan of play features, and you have so many great ones in here: the hidden Riddler trophies, the payphone for the phonebooth killer, exploding walls with the bat-gel, the cryptographic sequencer... it just goes on and on! +1 for including video game reference in your presentation for those that haven't played the games.

*the aerial takedown at the top is another nice game reference, and a great way to make the Batman minifigure stand out in your display.

Yeah, I'm glad players of the game can see all the things i've added in, to them it's a great representation of the game in lego form, and to others it's just a cool batman moc, so it works on both levels. Thanks for commenting on the border, I was nearly out of tiles so I just managed what you see there. The Batmobile is something that I've always wanted to make, I've made over 15 since 2008, each one improving slightly over the last, but I think I've found a model that I'm content with for the time being. The play features are something I knew that the moc wouldn't be complete without, after all, it's based off a videogame meant to be "played", so it just goes hand in hand!

Thanks for your in-depth comment! :sweet:

Wow! this is very well done!

I really like that batmobile. Is it possible to shoot a few close-up shots of it?

Or maybe an ldd file?

I'd love to build it, and I hope you won't mind if I do? Alle the credits would go to you of course.

Lots of love for the batmobilee I think I can get a 360 set put together, insturctions might cost you a few votes though :grin::laugh:

Thanks for your comment! :classic:

And again a big thanks to everyone for commenting! :cry_happy:

Lots of love for the batmobilee I think I can get a 360 set put together, insturctions might cost you a few votes though :grin::laugh:

Thanks for your comment! :classic:

And again a big thanks to everyone for commenting! :cry_happy:

I was already planning on voting on you, so the instructions might come pretty cheap. :tongue:

I was already planning on voting on you, so the instructions might come pretty cheap. :tongue:

I admit I was saying that jokingly, but I'm not gonna turn down votes now :laugh: , I've added more photos of the batmobile that I took recently, i can upload instructions some time on the weekend :sweet:clicky

This is one of my personal favourites. I love that Batmobile, and how Batman is positioned! Well Done!

Thanks! I think I'll add a picture of the Batmobile by itself to the first post. :sweet:

I admit I was saying that jokingly, but I'm not gonna turn down votes now :laugh: , I've added more photos of the batmobile that I took recently, i can upload instructions some time on the weekend :sweet:clicky

Thank you SO much! :sweet:

Thank you SO much! :sweet:

No problem!

very nice entry, good luck!

Thanks for the comment! :sweet:

Very good. I love Arkham Asulym and Arkam City and waiting for something new....Arkam Country? :wink:

Thanks a lot! I loved the games as well, but Arkham Country sounds a bit ridiculous :tongue::sweet:

Your entry has been noted.

Any further changes to your entry MUST be informed to me via PM.

Thank you.

WhiteFang