Derfel Cadarn

Trade Route Watch Tower ( Avalonia)

Here in Avalonia we are building, building our land into a mighty realm! The first of Avalonia's villages is still under construction, but taking shape. The village will be a trade village, and so it needs a tower to watch over it and make sure the traders will always have safe passage through the village. Situated on a hill overlooking the village, it has an excellent 360% view of the surrounding area. The tower is not an entry for the challenge, as leaders are not allowed to take part..YET :devil: Once I hurry up and finish the village, the fun can begin and I can start some serious building and help my fellow guildsmen bring our land of mighty Avalonia to life!

6371886597_0e43616660.jpg

6371872491_5d3d86a07b.jpg

6372029013_2b94908750.jpg

Everything you see here is all shown step by step in the guide(when I get round to updating it).

I'm trying to think of a word that's better than 'awesome' to describe this. :wub_drool:

I love the addition of the dark green teeth along the railing of the top. It, contrasting the white, makes that area stand out. Those slopes at the corners supporting the roof look a little bit like curtains, though.

I actually saw your MOC on other thread but did not comment it.

It is impressive, blends fantastically with the village, and the detail on walls and roof is excellent, but also the dark green pieces combined with the white provides an exclusive authority where people could rely on.

Yup ;)

And angles from which you are taking photos are quite good ;)

May I suggest that you devote on post in your guide to lighting and taking good pictures? :)

Also, and this is my personal wish, reserve one post about telling us how you acquired your lego, how you store it, how you take care of dust (my biggest problem). This are the topics I love to hear about, but especially about tips and experiences about to getting large amounts of particular bricks ;) (I know, PaB and bricklinik, but nevertheless, it is calming to hear how somebody else did it :)). On the other note, some statistics - I would very much love to know how many 1x1 round plates you have (in colors) - this how I get the picture how much would I need when I wish to build something. The massive use of round plates for rock is something I first saw on your mocs, on CCC 8, when I was so hoping to get that "master builder" title ;)

I've loved it, and tried it first time few days ago, making a blacksmith situated on lava. But, as you can make diversity using normal plates and tiles as rock, and foliage (as foliage:); I simply have no idea what could I put on a wall made of 1x1 round plate of trans red, trans yellow and trans orange :) Any ides?

And yes, Drow are asking puny avalonians for ides... You will get one magic armor and we are even, ok?

:)

Edit: wait for picture:)

here: link-1 and link-2

Edited by Angeli

Wow. Just wow.

Brilliant use of colours on this, subtly blends with the rest of your MOC and the Avalonia scheme. Very much looking forward to seeing how you went about many of the details on this. Excellent work once again :classic:

What a tower....the work of a pure genius....but what else do we expect from our leader ! :sweet:

The stonework..... :wub: and all that greenery - again :wub: ! :grin:

Avalonia Forever !

Excellent work from our guild leader, like usual! There's a reason I chose Avalonia as my home, after all! :D

Can't wait to see the updates to the guide, it's kind of become religious text to me!

Avalonia is a beautiful country I wish to visit sometime. Although it seems a little bit wet and cold - all this greenery... I especially like the last pic. If you want to enhance tourism this is the leaflet you have to set in stone (you still work with hammer and chisel in the north-west?).

Very nicely done, it's good to see that you dedicated your moccing skills to Avalonia :thumbup:.

I'm trying to think of a word that's better than 'awesome' to describe this. :wub_drool:

I love the addition of the dark green teeth along the railing of the top. It, contrasting the white, makes that area stand out. Those slopes at the corners supporting the roof look a little bit like curtains, though.

Curtains :laugh: Now that you mention it, yes they do. They are temporary though, I'm waiting for a delivery of 1x2 dark brown log effect bricks which I will replace them with. Still quite a bit to go on the village though.

Yup ;)

And angles from which you are taking photos are quite good ;)

May I suggest that you devote on post in your guide to lighting and taking good pictures? :)

Also, and this is my personal wish, reserve one post about telling us how you acquired your lego, how you store it, how you take care of dust (my biggest problem). This are the topics I love to hear about, but especially about tips and experiences about to getting large amounts of particular bricks ;) (I know, PaB and bricklinik, but nevertheless, it is calming to hear how somebody else did it :)). On the other note, some statistics - I would very much love to know how many 1x1 round plates you have (in colors) - this how I get the picture how much would I need when I wish to build something. The massive use of round plates for rock is something I first saw on your mocs, on CCC 8, when I was so hoping to get that "master builder" title ;)

I've loved it, and tried it first time few days ago, making a blacksmith situated on lava. But, as you can make diversity using normal plates and tiles as rock, and foliage (as foliage:); I simply have no idea what could I put on a wall made of 1x1 round plate of trans red, trans yellow and trans orange :) Any ides?

And yes, Drow are asking puny avalonians for ides... You will get one magic armor and we are even, ok?

:)

Edit: wait for picture:)

here: link-1 and link-2

Some good suggestions mate. I will post some info and pictures on how I store everything and other things at the end of the guide. As for your building, it's quite hard to add things because of the setting. Shame they don't do black plant pieces. It might be an idea to add some scorched details. I will have a think about some ideas you could use.

Excellent work from our guild leader, like usual! There's a reason I chose Avalonia as my home, after all! :D

Can't wait to see the updates to the guide, it's kind of become religious text to me!

Thanks, I am overdue with the guide, as I've been busy with the whole guild thing I havnt had time to do any write-ups. I will try to get it all up to date this week.

Thanks all

DC

Congratulations to you !there is the most detalaited moc among all knights creations!

This looks fantastic, the way you are able to make your foliage look different each time, yet also look so real and natural every time still blows me away.

Awesome stuff once again :wink:

Your village is a glorious sight indeed, and the finesse and professional nature of your photography only boosts that glory even more! Well done and I can't wait to see what the completed version looks like!

Great job again! I especially love it placed in the village, that makes it come more alive!

Perfection.... as with all your MOCs. Some day I hope to achieve the beauty that you create with your builds.