ER0L

MOC: Supercar (7w)

indexed.gif V-LV-54D

Hello guys,

inspired by some awesome minifig scale cars designed by L@go, Danthaman, Orion Pax and other great builders I wanted to create my own supercar. My aim was to fit 2 figs comfortably in there, to integrate some technic parts again and to keep the whole thing as flat as possible. Since I am still very slow I hoped it would be a quicker build than my trucks. But it turned out to be more difficult than I thought, and I am not quite satisfied with all aspects of it (there are no mirrors, for instance, the doors seem too small, and the typical town mudguards and wheels somehow decrease the "aggressiveness" of the design), but I think it serves well as a basis for further MOCs because of its modularity (some parts can be easily put off and replaced by others). There is at least a spider with a flattened back, as you will see.

Actually I should give credit to the builder from whom I took the idea for the pop-up headlights, but unfortunately I don’t remember where I have seen that. If the MOC reminds you of the products of some Italian sports car manufacturers (maybe a single Italian sports car manufacturer) I cannot deny a certain influence. :wink:

Im am looking forward to your comments! The photos are linked with Flickr.

6357453663_a1850b85ec_z.jpg

6357453695_d63dda1b2f_z.jpg

6357453817_14eb480f93_z.jpg

6357454091_a96c132470_z.jpg

6357453551_c5c0602f3f_z.jpg

Terrific MOC 'ER0L' !! :wub:

If only I could create vehicles like that, looks awsome !! :sweet:

The only thing I would like to know is could a roof be placed on the car , whilst still maintaining its low sleek shape and allowing room for the minifigs ??? :sceptic:

But great MOC 'ER0L' !! :laugh:

Keep building !!! :sweet:

Great moc EROL!

Like lightningtiger said, those exhausts are great. The only area I really think that could use improvement is the windscreen. It's pretty hard to make a realistic car with that trans-black piece you've used. One way to improve that would be to build the windscreen out of black or red offset plates, like in my picture of my MOC, down here \/. But if you don't change it that's fine, since it's all based on the way YOU want it to look! :laugh:

Brick on,

Dakar

IMO this is by far the best MOC car I've seen on this forum!! :thumbup::thumbup:

With the change of a few bricks on the hood you could also display the car as if the headlights are retracted.

Great design ER0L

I think you've done a cracking job with this! I prefer four- or six-wide instead of seven (I think it just gets too big), but that's a matter of personal taste, and regardless of this it's a very accomplished design. I can see why you're not happy with the lacking door mirrors and the small doors, but the mudguards I actually think work well. For my taste, the rear design of the car is also a bit over the top and messy, but that's much better in the spider version. I agree that the exhaust pipes are nice - but a bit extreme.

Regarding the windscreen, I agree that it could look better. But I can't think of any solution for that problem. I strongly disagree that making it brick-built would be better - in my opinion, a standard windscreen is hands-down better than a brick-built solution in every instance. So I'd go with the original design (it's not that bad).

Now, what I think is the best part of your car sadly doesn't show very well in the pictures you've shown. This one, though, shows it nicely:

6357453617_5459702446_z.jpg

The front design really is wonderful. The headlights are nice, and I love the alternation between curved slopes and headlight slots/air intake. That's something that you wouldn't have been able to pull off with six-wide, so it's very nice that you've exploited the possibilities. And I also very much like that the six-wide windscreen is narrower than the 'shoulders' of the car, just like it would be in reality.

All in all, a very good effort. You should be proud of this one.

Awesome sport car 'ER0L'. Very close to a 308 GTS, the detail is excellent! I take it that was the inspiration? Keep up the great work, I hope to see another default_classic.gif

Excellent sports car 'ER0L', I :wub: those exhaust pipes ! :grin:

Brick On Race On ! :grin:

Thank you very much, LT! Your comment is always a warm welcome with Eurobricks - I appreciate it very much. Glad you like the car.

Terrific MOC 'ER0L' !! :wub:

If only I could create vehicles like that, looks awsome !! :sweet:

The only thing I would like to know is could a roof be placed on the car , whilst still maintaining its low sleek shape and allowing room for the minifigs ??? :sceptic:

But great MOC 'ER0L' !! :laugh:

Keep building !!! :sweet:

Thanks The Batman! I am glad you like it. Concerning the roof - um, I don't think so. I did't even give it a try. It is as you say: the sleek shape would be destroyed. Furthermore having a roof on top of your minifig scale car means you must be able to open it or to easily take it off to put the figs in and out. For me this is quite an issue. With my pumper I tried to solve that with a movable roof - here I don't see any possibility for something like this.

Great moc EROL!

Like lightningtiger said, those exhausts are great. The only area I really think that could use improvement is the windscreen. It's pretty hard to make a realistic car with that trans-black piece you've used. One way to improve that would be to build the windscreen out of black or red offset plates, like in my picture of my MOC, down here \/. But if you don't change it that's fine, since it's all based on the way YOU want it to look! :laugh:

Brick on,

Dakar

Thank you very much, Dakar. Yeah, the exhausts seem to be the detail who gets the most appreciation. Concerning the windscreen I really don't see an alternative. Building it like you suggested in my opinion would not meet the overall style of the MOC. I really like your Ferrari (especially the doors), and your solution for the windscreen frame fits very well within its style. But here I don't consider this as a possible solution.

IMO this is by far the best MOC car I've seen on this forum!! :thumbup::thumbup:

With the change of a few bricks on the hood you could also display the car as if the headlights are retracted.

Great design ER0L

Thanks a lot sneff! I feel quite honored by your comment. :blush: But if you get further acquainted with Eurobricks you will see that there are many builders who are by far better than I am :wink: Concerning the hood I agree with your point. I hope there will be some siblings to this one.

I think you've done a cracking job with this! I prefer four- or six-wide instead of seven (I think it just gets too big), but that's a matter of personal taste, and regardless of this it's a very accomplished design. I can see why you're not happy with the lacking door mirrors and the small doors, but the mudguards I actually think work well. For my taste, the rear design of the car is also a bit over the top and messy, but that's much better in the spider version. I agree that the exhaust pipes are nice - but a bit extreme.

Regarding the windscreen, I agree that it could look better. But I can't think of any solution for that problem. I strongly disagree that making it brick-built would be better - in my opinion, a standard windscreen is hands-down better than a brick-built solution in every instance. So I'd go with the original design (it's not that bad).

Now, what I think is the best part of your car sadly doesn't show very well in the pictures you've shown. This one, though, shows it nicely:

The front design really is wonderful. The headlights are nice, and I love the alternation between curved slopes and headlight slots/air intake. That's something that you wouldn't have been able to pull off with six-wide, so it's very nice that you've exploited the possibilities. And I also very much like that the six-wide windscreen is narrower than the 'shoulders' of the car, just like it would be in reality.

All in all, a very good effort. You should be proud of this one.

Thank you very much for your amazingly thorough and detailed comment on this MOC, L@go. I appreciate it very much since your work has quite an influence on what I try to realize. Your commenting the front (thanks for putting in the photo) meets exactly my thoughts upon this - in the beginning it looked quite different :wink: Maybe this is a way to explore - to first determine the structure and the overall design and then "deconstruct" it, take away all that is not necessary.

I very much agree with every of your points - except maybe the windscreen: I never even thought about an alternative because there seems to be none (or at least I don't know one). In fact, this was the part I started with :wink: Thank you again! I have read this several times and will reread it.

Awesome sport car 'ER0L'. Very close to a 308 GTS, the detail is excellent! I take it that was the inspiration? Keep up the great work, I hope to see another default_classic.gif

Thank you very much, Leg Godt Gud. I am glad you like it. Yeah, you are right. The 308 is my all-time favourite Ferrari. But since it is still very difficult for me to meet the original with my MOCs (except monster trucks like a Faun :wink: ), I rather try to catch a certain impression. I still rather try to figure out what I can do with the several parts and how I can combine them.

I LOVE this MOC! Very Ferrari-like. Are you able to share instructions on how to build it?

Thank you, stacker9000, I appreciate your comment very much. I am sorry but I can't deliver any instructions, since I am quite a lego freshman and don't know any of the tools which are necessary for that. What I can do is publish some more photos of the details on Flickr and maybe put some parts off. It is nothing fancy - the main thing is maybe the combination between technic and system parts. You will need some pins :wink:

Cool super car ER0L! Great to see another 7 wide car builder. Great job in getting the mid engine super car body shape. I like how you built the body nice and low, makes the body match up well with the town mudguards and wheel package. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

I love 7 wide cars, and yours is no exception. Great job! I really like all those vents and exhaust pipes! The back end reminds me of a Ferrari.

Thanks bricked one. Yep, the exhausts seem to get the most approval. At least they can't be overlooked :wink: You are right with the f. look - I can't deny it. Next time I choose a different colour (great tumbler b.t.w.!).

Really nice and simple car! :)

Thank you very much Dish90! Glad you like it.

Cool super car ER0L! Great to see another 7 wide car builder. Great job in getting the mid engine super car body shape. I like how you built the body nice and low, makes the body match up well with the town mudguards and wheel package. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Thank you very much danthaman11. I am very glad you like it since it was your S2000 which quite impressed me and made me think of a 7w myself. A very inspiring creation!

Brilliant sports car build. I like what you've done here. The exhaust is brilliant. The sloping shape is brilliant. Keep up the good work.

Brilliant sports car build. I like what you've done here. The exhaust is brilliant. The sloping shape is brilliant. Keep up the good work.

Thank you very much, TheLegoDr. I am glad you like the exhausts and the shape. I tried to keep this as flat as possible.

Very nice build! It also reminds me of a Ferrari. I may try to duplicate some techniques from this model. Well done!

Thank you very much, soundwave_sw. Yeah, I can't deny it. At least I should have chosen a different color, but since I have only built one or two fire apparatus so far there were quite a few red bricks left :wink: When I look at your very fine ambulance it seems to me that technically I can learn much more from you than the other way round - but you're welcome.

Cool, exelent! I like it very much! How you did it?+ :thumbup:

Thank you DENISTIMCHENKO. I am glad you like it. I did it by "trial and error", not by using LDD or LDraw which unfortunately I am not acquainted with.

Very nice design, I love the exhausts and pop up headlights. It definitely screams Ferrari. A bit of 308 and F430 makes it look classic and modern at the same time. I've long wanted to build a supercar, but my comfort zone is 4 wide so its a bit of a challenge.

Detalisation is awesome! Also I like that the car is minifigure-scaled)

Thank you very much NIKITAMILOVIDOV. Glad you like it.

Very nice design, I love the exhausts and pop up headlights. It definitely screams Ferrari. A bit of 308 and F430 makes it look classic and modern at the same time. I've long wanted to build a supercar, but my comfort zone is 4 wide so its a bit of a challenge.

Thank you very much bootz. I am pleased you like it. You're absolutely right with 308 and F430! This kind of mixing the styles was my idea, I also thought a bit of 458 or 599 - I like that they have only two backlights instead of four. Concerning your supercar, have you thought about a 5 wide yet, since a supercar can be wider than the normal ones?

I don’t know if it’s okay to post a WIP here, but since the thread is more or less alive I thought it might fit in. It turned out that this supercar concept can be further developed quite easily. This is another spider which I call Spider GT. There are quite a few changes, as you will see, inter alia it now has mirrors and doors which deserve the name. The whole cockpit has moved one stud, so that the silhouette has changed quite significantly - now there seems to be a little Porsche in it. The wheels are still a problem, I thought the rims might fit, but the tires are too wide for them. The car moves quite easily but I don’t know how it behaves in curves :wink: For now it’s okay ... There are still quite a few things to do, some parts with the wrong colour have to be changed, the exhausts must obviously be fixed better :sceptic: but the overall shape is quite complete.

Credits to danthaman11, from whom I took the color scheme with the two stripes and the idea for the door hinges. Sorry for the small exhausts, LT!

I hope you don't mind. I won't bother you with every new version of this :wink: Comments are welcome!

6393643651_421d99592b_z.jpg

6393643711_dd8c3dab0f_z.jpg

6393643839_64d328e31f_z.jpg

6393643767_2509a296fc_z.jpg

Nice! I think the front design is even better on this - it's very wide and aggressive. I also like the rear better - in my opinion, the new exhaust pipes fit the scale better. I look forward to seeing it in the right colours!

I like this black one even better, thanks for sharing it. The stance and front end scream Ford GT to me, though you mentioned Porsche and I can see a tad bit of 914 in there too.

Nice! I think the front design is even better on this - it's very wide and aggressive. I also like the rear better - in my opinion, the new exhaust pipes fit the scale better. I look forward to seeing it in the right colours!

Thank you very much L@go. I like this one better, too. I think there are still some possibilities to vary it. Concerning the exhausts I think they were okay with the first one because they went with the exaggerated supercar character of it. But I agree, in terms of scale they were exaggerated themselves :wink:

I like this black one even better, thanks for sharing it. The stance and front end scream Ford GT to me, though you mentioned Porsche and I can see a tad bit of 914 in there too.

Thank you very much bootz. You are right - although I didn't think of a Ford GT I can see a bit of it in the MOC, too.

Very nice super car!

The back side with that exaust system looks like a Ferrari ...I just love it! :wub:

The yellow headrest is great! :thumbup:

Thank you very much LEGO Train 12 Volts! If you - as an Italian :wink: - think of a Ferrari, there must be some truth in it. Glad you like the headrests.

Since the second version (the Spider GT) is just finished, I am adding some pictures. Comments are welcome. The photos are linked with Flickr.

6410672951_a6fc94a66d_z.jpg

6410673065_1712d66bdf_z.jpg

6410848363_1e4bfcf478_z.jpg