Davey

Bluebrick Layout Software

I was having a go at making a Monorail layout, but struggling a bit to get odd connections (point->point, small curve->small curve) to line up. Had a poke around in the XML files, and it appears the point geometry's wrong.

...I have a feeling part of the problem is that the program's maths get some rounding errors when dealing with odd-sized GIFs, and the resulting ".5625" stuff in the XML.

Hi KMO,

here are some new GIFs of the small curves for you to try (note "new" in file names) . I have also made some changes to the 2891 xml. Unfortunately I haven't had much time to work on it this evening so it is not fantastic, but it might be better than the current tracks. Please let me know how it goes. It would be great if you could make a total of 10 posts in the Eurobricks forum so we can use the PM functionality for further communication. Thanks for your help and for pointing out the issue!

And a quick note to for everyone on a different topic, we are also looking for a new Portuguese translator. Plesae let us know if you can help. Thanks!

Edited by missouri_bb63

Hi KMO,

here are some new GIFs of the small curves for you to try (note "new" in file names) . I have also made some changes to the 2891 xml. Unfortunately I haven't had much time to work on it this evening so it is not fantastic, but it might be better than the current tracks. Please let me know how it goes. It would be great if you could make a total of 10 posts in the Eurobricks forum so we can use the PM functionality for further communication. Thanks for your help and for pointing out the issue!

And a quick note to for everyone on a different topic, we are also looking for a new Portuguese translator. Plesae let us know if you can help. Thanks!

If you need I can help with the Portuguese Translation.

Nuno Lino

If you need I can help with the Portuguese Translation.

Nuno Lino

Many thanks!

Please send me your email in Private Message, I will then send you the localization kit with the new texts to translate.

Started using BlueBrick for my next big project, sadly, I can't open my file anymore.

"There is an error in XML document (73558, 7)."

What's the save limit of bricks on one layer or in total? I think I surpassed it (BlueBrick can edit and save, but can't load those files).

I can send you the 2.5MB file if you want.

BlueBrick 1.7.0 is released! :laugh:

You can download it at the usual place:

http://bluebrick.lswproject.com/

It contains 12 bug fix (including 3 crash bugs) and all these new features:

- NEW FEATURE (Alban): support Flex PF track.

- NEW FEATURE (Alban): The application may support dynamically language addition/removal (dll and chm file inside the folder).

- NEW FEATURE (Denis): Feature to search and replace a set of brick type by another one.

- NEW FEATURE (Alban): The connection points are now configurable and extendable in an XML file.

- NEW FEATURE (Alban): Display the general info on top of the map (this can be disabled in the option settings).

- NEW FEATURE (Alban): Display the mouse coordinates in stud in the status bar

- NEW FEATURE (Larry): Display the XML exception when BB cannot load XML files.

- NEW FEATURE (Alban): Add the polarity check for detecting electric shortcut.

- NEW FEATURE (cimddwc): Add the transparency for all the layers (and not only the Area layer)

- NEW FEATURE (Larry): Save the export image settings in the BBM file.

- NEW FEATURE (Alban): You can group/ungroup hierarchically parts and texts.

- NEW FEATURE (Larry): You can create XML files that are actually groups of parts and see them in the Library

- NEW FEATURE (Alban): New secondary zooming/panning method much easier for laptop, that replace CTRL+SHIFT+LMB and ALT+SHIFT+LMB. Now it is SHIFT+LMB and SHIFT+RMB. Mouse Wheel still supported.

Enjoy!

Any problem, any bug, please report it.

Thanks in advance.

I have Bluebrick 1.6.1, and It runs fine on my computer, a Windows XP Home. However, when downloading was completed on Version 1.7.0 of Bluebrick, I came across a severe problem: "Compressed (Zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted." I pressed the only option, (which was the "okay" button) and it never opened. Every time I open the zipped file, I get this same message "Compressed (Zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted." I don't know if this is on my end, but I've tried to open it 6 times and failed every time. By the way, I might not be able to use my computer again until tommorow. Can you help me please?

Thanks,

Murdoch17

P.S. The program is excellent by the way. From what I can tell, this program is going to be even better when I get it downloaded. Thank you to everyone who made this possible! Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

I have Bluebrick 1.6.1, and It runs fine on my computer, a Windows XP Home. However, when downloading was completed on Version 1.7.0 of Bluebrick, I came across a severe problem: "Compressed (Zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted." I pressed the only option, (which was the "okay" button) and it never opened. Every time I open the zipped file, I get this same message "Compressed (Zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted." I don't know if this is on my end, but I've tried to open it 6 times and failed every time. By the way, I might not be able to use my computer again until tommorow. Can you help me please?

Thanks,

Murdoch17

P.S. The program is excellent by the way. From what I can tell, this program is going to be even better when I get it downloaded. Thank you to everyone who made this possible! Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Don't waste your time trying to repeatedly open a corrupt download. Delete it after the first failure and try the download again. I've just downloaded the file and it opened perfectly.

Edited by Snapshot

Don't waste your time trying to repeatedly open a corrupt download. Delete it after the first failure and try the download again. I've just downloaded the file and it opened perfectly.

Yes, it seems your file didn't download correctly. Please try to download it again.

After putting the new version online, I've ask Alex to check if the zip file was correctly uploaded to my website. And thanks Snapshot for confirming this.

Started using BlueBrick for my next big project, sadly, I can't open my file anymore.

"There is an error in XML document (73558, 7)."

What's the save limit of bricks on one layer or in total? I think I surpassed it (BlueBrick can edit and save, but can't load those files).

I can send you the 2.5MB file if you want.

Thanks ZueriHB for having sent me your file, this allowed me to find one more bug. The fix will be available in the next version for everyone (but I've sent you a new version in private mail).

Okay, I just downloaded it again, and it's still displaying the same message as before. I don't know whats wrong. The file size says 14.6 MB, but it won't let me open it. When I try to extract it, it says it has nothing to extract. The "All Additional Parts" zip file opens fine, by the way, so I don't know what to do now...

Okay, I just downloaded it again, and it's still displaying the same message as before. I don't know whats wrong. The file size says 14.6 MB, but it won't let me open it. When I try to extract it, it says it has nothing to extract. The "All Additional Parts" zip file opens fine, by the way, so I don't know what to do now...

The file size is too small - it should be roughly 16MB - so it's not downloading completely.

Edited by Snapshot

Yes, it seems your file didn't download correctly. Please try to download it again.

After putting the new version online, I've ask Alex to check if the zip file was correctly uploaded to my website. And thanks Snapshot for confirming this.

More good news, Alban: I've not (yet!) been able to re-create the XP64 'large move' crash that I used to get so it looks like it may have been fixed by other work you've done.

Jonathan

Indeed that's really a good news if the XP64 crash bug cannot be reproduced in 1.7 :classic:

Does any of you has any comment on the new features of the new release? Do you like them?

Edited by Alban Nanty

I downloaded the file again today, and once again it was having the same problem. However, when I downloaded it for the second time in a row, It finally worked! I'm now happily using this wonderful program. Thank You for helping me out. :thumbup:

Thanks for the new version! I finally got time to have a closer look at it, and so far everything works fine.

You did a good work on the flex track handling and its movement and tolerances – for instance, what I plan to use in my future layout to get parallel tracks just 4 studs apart, I can successuflly use 8 flex pieces to swivel a track 4 studs to the side and still fill a full 32-stud length, connecting it to the next regular track piece that's aligned with all the others. :thumbup:

How do I know what size to do the studs? I'm thinking of making the 7939 Cargo train?

Hi,

1 stud = 8 pixels.

For more details, I strongly recommend you to read the documentation if you want to do your own parts.

Thanks.

Hi,

1 stud = 8 pixels.

For more details, I strongly recommend you to read the documentation if you want to do your own parts.

Thanks.

Thanks, thats alot of help! :sweet:

I'm really liking this software, it's working great for working on my Massive Layout (315 32x32 Baseplates).

I am having an issue with Flex-Track, it works pretty good but I can't get it to do normal curve geometry.

I'm really liking this software, it's working great for working on my Massive Layout (315 32x32 Baseplates).

I am having an issue with Flex-Track, it works pretty good but I can't get it to do normal curve geometry.

Then why not using a normal curve geometry?

When using a flex chain, BlueBrick try to satisfy the connection constraint and for that it needs some freedom about the placement of the flex parts. I'm actually pretty satisfied with the result I got with the flex feature. I would have expect even less control.

If you want to place every flex track in a normal circular curve, you can also place the parts under MLCad/LeoCad (very tedious work I think) then import the file in BlueBrick and do some copy paste from there.

Then why not using a normal curve geometry?

When using a flex chain, BlueBrick try to satisfy the connection constraint and for that it needs some freedom about the placement of the flex parts. I'm actually pretty satisfied with the result I got with the flex feature. I would have expect even less control.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm impressed with how well the flex track does work and the chain feature is great.

The reason I need flex in the normal curve geometry is I'm using it for my inclines as the stretch in the Flex allows the track lengths to match the same horizontal distance despite the fact that they are on a slight (2 plates to 16 studs) incline.

I've been able to get it close enough by breaking it into sections grouped together.

Is Adobe required to use BlueBrick? The computer I would use if I were to download it does not have Adobe, so I'm wondering if I could use BlueBrick on that computer.

Edited by Captain J