Sign in to follow this  
Si-MOCs

CAT 1: Enter: The Joker

6325088536_53a2874349_z.jpg

The Red Hood gang- a low level street criminals recruits a failed comedian into their ranks. Their first big job is to rob the Ace Chemical plant. With Gothams underworld in a frenzy with rumours of 'The Batman" - a monstrous beast out to decimate crime, the gang decides to make their new Comedian the scapegoat in case they run into trouble - and putting him in the ridiculous costume.

The break in goes smoothly at first, but the the "Bat' appears and quickly subdues the gang. "the Red Hood" panics and attempts to remove his helmet to plead his case to The Batman. Stepping on his cape, he slips...

6324322339_a6f8c910d7_z.jpg

And falls over into the vat of Toxic Chemicals.

6325074606_aa6bb488f5_z.jpg

"Aaugh. I'm Stinging, Itching... My FACE! My Hands! Something in the Water? Oh Jesus. it BURNS... Get this stupid hood off so I can ... ... see ...

Ha.

Ha ha ha.

Ahoo

AHOO HOO HOO HOO HOO

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA"

Enter The Joker.

[Paraphrased Joker Origin Story from the Comics (The Killing Joke]

More pics:

6324319209_6815ed18a6_z.jpgk

6325078834_c1f5e2b732_z.jpg

Further evidence of Joker getting the best MOCs

It looks great! :sweet:

If this is based on something from the comics, could you show us a reference picture maybe?

Holy light effects, Batman! This sure is a great entry! It may not be as large as lisqr's, but it looks nice and detailed, and the integrated lights make for a great atmosphere. The posing of the figures and the railing is excellent as well! Very nice Red Hood minifig too. Good luck! :thumbup:

A great entry indeed! :sweet::thumbup:

I really like the light effects as well as the scene itself. It doesn't look that Bats is very eager to save him, does it? ) :laugh:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Great display of the famous scene! That's a creepy industrial facility, just like "Axis Chemicals" (or any facility in creepy Gotham) has to be.

I love the little details like the cabinet with the protection suit.

Good work!

Fantastic rendering of the scene. Love the breaking of the handrail effect. A beautiful and seemingly simple design(Though obviously a lot of work goes into that portrayal).

Off topic, the batman that is used, is that likely to be the one that will be featured in the Catwoman set?

This is a great entry. I really think you caught the vibe of the comics. I assume you've read The Killing Joke somewhere along the way? I'm very impressed :sweet:

This is great, I love all the different pictures you you have showing how it looks with the different lighting effects.

Thanks everyone for their kind comments!

Further evidence of Joker getting the best MOCs

It looks great! :sweet:

If this is based on something from the comics, could you show us a reference picture maybe?

Joker is the best villain. Period.

This was mainly based/inspired by the recent Batman: Red Hood animated movie (everyone should go buy it!) which was intern inspired by the Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke (everyone should go read it!).

Here are some reference shots from movie:

6327701020_c9a6cf61e3_m.jpg

6326950453_8c09150293_m.jpg

From Comics:

Batman-TheKillingJoke32.jpg

Batman-TheKillingJoke33.jpg

Holy light effects, Batman! This sure is a great entry! It may not be as large as lisqr's, but it looks nice and detailed, and the integrated lights make for a great atmosphere. The posing of the figures and the railing is excellent as well! Very nice Red Hood minifig too. Good luck! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot!

I'm really glad he did AXIS and I did ACE chem plants so there was NOOO confusion :laugh:

I really like the light effects as well as the scene itself. It doesn't look that Bats is very eager to save him, does it? ) :laugh:

He's reaching out!

Great display of the famous scene! That's a creepy industrial facility, just like "Axis Chemicals" (or any facility in creepy Gotham) has to be.

I love the little details like the cabinet with the protection suit.

Thanks! I wanted to reinforce the dangerous chemical aspect.

Nerd note: Axis and Ace chemicals is the same place - Movies used Axis, comics used Ace and sometimes they switch! :hmpf_bad:

This is a great entry. I really think you caught the vibe of the comics. I assume you've read The Killing Joke somewhere along the way? I'm very impressed :sweet:

Somewhere? Of course! I re-read it right before I built this ;)

Though I took a lot of visual cues from Red HOod

This is great, I love all the different pictures you you have showing how it looks with the different lighting effects.

I think I spend too much time (too much fun) photographing at times... :)

then you realize Batman's head is slightly askew :sick:

I can't believe I hadn't commented on this yet!

Excellent job on this Si-Mocs! My favourite part is the logo on the building. The figure positioning is really good too! But all the greeble details you used are really nice too! I'm also glad you've managed to include to different coloured "pipes" going through all the vats, I imagine one brings in cold water to cool down the chemicals and the other takes water out. Nice attention to detail. Good Luck in the contest!

My only nitpick is that I think the chemicals should be neon green rather then orange. It's a quick fix but other then that it looks great!

Edited by sok117

I'm also glad you've managed to include to different coloured "pipes" going through all the vats, I imagine one brings in cold water to cool down the chemicals and the other takes water out. Nice attention to detail. Good Luck in the contest!

My only nitpick is that I think the chemicals should be neon green rather then orange. It's a quick fix but other then that it looks great!

You ser, are a smart one.

Yes! I totally going for different "pipes" pipping in various ummm 'stuff' and carrying it off to ... whatever these chemicals are for :laugh:

I actually spent a lot of time trying to figure out which colour to use... I choose neon orange cause I have more of the 1x1 round plates... but if you ask nicely I might redo it in Neon green for ya :wink:

I still remember my first read of the Killing joke, how many years ago is that now? Got to be getting on fro twenty soon hasn't it?

Awesome MOC though, nice use of the Hazmat minifig.

I actually spent a lot of time trying to figure out which colour to use... I choose neon orange cause I have more of the 1x1 round plates... but if you ask nicely I might redo it in Neon green for ya :wink:

I'm just saying that it's more accurate to the source material, and green is more chemical-y, orange makes me think of burning :grin:

As soon as I saw the pics, I instantly thought of the flashback sequence from 'Under the Red Hood.' Great job capturing that sequence!

I love the lighting effects, extra details like the spare hazmat suit, and the railing. Really ingenious to build the railing with pieces you could use to support the Red Hood tumbling backwards.

Hope to see you do more 'Under the Red Hood' MOCs in the future - maybe a small scene showing Ra's al Ghul's study?

Edited by phanstasm

Your entry is beautiful !

All the spirit of the rise of the joker in 1024 stud² !

I really like the feeling of the fall of the joker, the lights inside the cuve !

That make me think that I have to shot my entry too ! Too many Super Heroes contest

this time but it's so exciting and it gives more chance to try to win !

Good luck SiR-mocs

I'm just saying that it's more accurate to the source material, and green is more chemical-y, orange makes me think of burning :grin:

Depends on the source ;)

There's several different joker origin stories - In Under the Red Hood (animated movie) was orange... so I choose that.

It had NOTHING to do with the fact I have way more neon orange brick.

Nice lighting effects, and the Red Hood figure is pretty cool, too! :thumbup:

Thanks! Most of the build was built around the idea of lighting up the vats!

I love the lighting effects, extra details like the spare hazmat suit, and the railing. Really ingenious to build the railing with pieces you could use to support the Red Hood tumbling backwards.

Hope to see you do more 'Under the Red Hood' MOCs in the future - maybe a small scene showing Ra's al Ghul's study?

Shush! Don't tell people how it's done :iamded_lol:

OHHH he did have a cool study....

though I already kinda did a Ra Al Ghul build ...

6227616545_0bec8fb4eb_m.jpg

All the spirit of the rise of the joker in 1024 stud² !

I really like the feeling of the fall of the joker, the lights inside the cuve !

That make me think that I have to shot my entry too ! Too many Super Heroes contest

this time but it's so exciting and it gives more chance to try to win !

Good luck SiR-mocs

Actually I think it's 32x30 ;) I didn't notice it till I was almost done tiling the floor :rofl:

I can't wait to see yours.... quick go shoot it! I'll be back in like 9 hours... (and likely sneaking in between then ;))

And good luck to you, Sir ;)

Brilliant! everything is absolutely spot on and instantly recognizable in your excellent lego rendition of this iconic scene

Edited by ScoutTroopy