Piranha

How many ships do you have in your fleet?

Slowly building up my Fleet.

Black Pearl - 4184

Queen Ann's Revenge - 4195

Renegade Runner - 6286(Getting pieces to rebuild)

Well let's see.

Classic? No.

Newish Pirates? No.

Potc? Yep, the QAR. I'm ready to have the worst naval battle the Lego community has ever seen! :pir-tongue:

Well let's see.

Classic? No.

Newish Pirates? No.

Potc? Yep, the QAR. I'm ready to have the worst naval battle the Lego community has ever seen! :pir-tongue:

It's still good that you have a ship! :pir_laugh2: The QAR is a great vessel. :jollyroger:

I used to have the Caribbean Clipper, but gave it away when I went into my first dark age. :pir_bawling:

Currently, not counting rafts (Raft Raiders & Castaways Raft)& small boats (2x Harbor Sentry, plus about a dozen or so rowboats that have been MOCed into fast-attack boats), All I really have is the Sea Serpent, since people seem to be willing to include Castle Ships (i.e. Skellie ship and Troll Battleship)...

I also have the Islander Catamaran, but I'm not sure if that counts (it IS the biggest Islander vessel, though).

I have three other ships, but I don't think the Federal Navy Ship (FNS) Hawkwing, FNS Inferno or MV Merry Maid would fall under this heading (even though the crew and officers of the first two use standard Pirate torsos)....

Edited by Hikaro Takayama

Slowly building up my Fleet.

Black Pearl - 4184

Renegade Runner - 6286(Getting pieces to rebuild)

UPDATE:

Black Pearl - 4184

Imperial Flagship - 10210

Renegade Runner - 6286(Bought parts just waiting to get them will have completed by mid November)

Next is the Vintage Imperial Flagship.

I have:

Renegade Runner

This was my FIRST EVER pirate ship, and I was so happy to get it. I was a little kid when it came out, and all of the BIG Pirate ships were too expensive. I was excited that my pirates might finally get a ship, but the set was still pretty expensive. But my problem was solved when I happened to enter one of my pirate drawings in an art show my uncle worked with, and someone actually bought it, which allowed me to purchase the set. I had to ride in the car with it for an hour first, though. Longest car ride ever.

I'm pretty sure it came apart at some point, but I reassembled it as a teen. Thank goodness for that.

Black Seas Barracuda

It was a dream come true for me when LEGO re-released this set. This is the set I'd wanted practically my entire life. I had to wait a year after it came out to get it, though, because I needed a job first. It was worth it. :pir-classic: I thought it would be the last pirate set I would buy...

Caribbean Clipper

...but I was wrong, because I soon discovered the wonders of eBay. :pir_laugh2: I got a good deal on this one--a complete set for a little less than the original price.

Brickbeard's Bounty

I bought this as soon as I heard the Pirate line was being discontinued. It was the only set from the new pirate theme that I hadn't bought within months of the release. I had saved up for it before, but bought an Eldorado Fortress off eBay for the same price instead.

Imperial Flagship (new)

My brother got this before I did, and boy was I jealous. I bought it during the semester, but saved it and the Brickbeard's Bounty for an end-of-semester treat. I built them both in the same night. So much fun. So many pieces.

Imperial Flagship (original)

I wasn't expecting to get this for awhile, because a set in good condition can run over a hundred dollars. But I found an incomplete eBay lot with all the parts unique to this set, and was later able to track down the rest of the pieces I needed. It looks great!

I used to have the Armada Flagship and the Red Beard Runner, but they were left in a back room and exposed to the elements, and aren't in any condition to be reassembled. :pir-cry_sad: My brother has both Imperial Flagships too, so we have quite a collective fleet! He also has the rare Crossbone Clipper, which makes me extremely jealous. One day I hope to complete the collection...it's been a long time since I put together a LEGO pirate ship...and the two POTC ships are sooooo tempting...

TC

In my house now with my long suffering fiance (spread out on the carpet of our bedroom)...

The new Imperial Flagship....(she got it for me as a graduation present)

The QAR......(I got it for me as a graduation present)

Armada Flagship...(resently bought of bricklink for a cool £35, fully complete)

At my mums house, sadly neglected and hiding in the attic, after I moved house a few months ago.......

Imperial Flagship (old), Black sea Barracuda, Skull Eyes Schooner, Carribean Clipper Renegade Runner, Brick Beard Bounty, Red Beard Runner, Cross Bone Clipper (all slowly collected over the last few years),(I promise guys I will get you soon)

Set I have in my sights for a future purchase .... Black Pearl

Edited by SirSven7

Three

The original Black Seas Barracuda I got for Christmas in '89. (The following year I got Eldorado Fortress.)

Then I got the re-release of the Armada Flagship on clearance. (I kept waiting for a soldier ship worth going against the BSB. By the time of the AF re-release it looked like such a ship would never be made and I figured any ship to battle with was better than none.)

Finally a soldier ship worthy of fighting the BSB, I got the new Imperial Flagship.

(I must admit the sails on the Queen Ann's Revenge are strongly tempting me to get that set as a parts pack, but I won't do that unless I find a really good price on it. It is kind of wacky that LEGO has never actually beat their very first pirate ship. You would think that the modern parts and color pallet would have allowed them to surpass the BSB by now. Even the Imperial Flagship has the minor issues of the tacked on silly figurehead and missing half its cannons. :pir_wacko: )

Edited by Lord Insanity

Lists don't prove anything, we want pictures! :pir-grin:

Well, you asked for it:

6297011296_3c09245fdf_z.jpg

LEGO Fleet by Hikaro Takayama, on Flickr

Pictured are: Front Row, left-right: Islander Catamaran, Sea Serpent, Castaways' Raft (minus the rag sails), and Raft Raiders. Back Row, left-right: Black Pearl, FNS Hawkwing (Fast Frigate MOC using the 2011 City Police Boat hull), SS Merry Maid (Container Ship MOC using the 2010 City Fire Boat hull), and the FNS Inferno (MOD of the 1991 Cabin Cruiser to turn it into a PT boat)

...Though I doubt the Hawkwing, Inferno and Merry Maid count for these purposes, even though the crews of the former two ships use standard Pirate torsos.... The Black Pearl almost makes the Hawkwing look puny! :pir_laugh2:

Lists don't prove anything, we want pictures! :pir-grin:

Well here you go. Sorry it is not better quality. My Nikon is at work. So my Dell Streak 5 Photo will have to do. Like stated before the Renegade runner will not by complete until mid November.

398ba9a7-ef2d-404c-a744-fd999ec02f1e.jpg

Well here you go. Sorry it is not better quality. My Nikon is at work. So my Dell Streak 5 Photo will have to do. Like stated before the Renegade runner will not by complete until mid November.

398ba9a7-ef2d-404c-a744-fd999ec02f1e.jpg

Cool, you have the newest ships.

Btw, the flags are pointed in the wrong direction :pir_laugh2:

Cool, you have the newest ships.

Btw, the flags are pointed in the wrong direction :pir_laugh2:

You know I see everyone having the flags the other way. But if you think about it if you are sailing the flags would be going the way I put them.

Like AkumaMax, I just have the three newest ones.

The flags ARE going the wrong way - the wind pushing the sails is also blowing the flags. The ships aren't going faster than the wind.

EDIT: I forgot, I also have the first micro I tried on my own:

5768929570_b4b27a19b3_m.jpg

DSCF0771 by FredJH, on Flickr

Edited by fred67

The flag thing cracks me up! The flags will go the direction the wind is blowing them, since the wind is blowing into the sails, the flags will be blowing toward the front of the ship, the same direction the ship is traveling. It is not at all the same as a flag on a motorboat or car!

Euhm... at least 10 row boats.

Ships:

Set: 6243

Brickbeards Bounty

Year: 2009

How Many: 1

Set: 6268

Renegade Runner

Year: 1993

Set: 6285

Black Seas Barracuda

Year: 1989

Rafts:

Set: 6261

Raft Raiders

Year: 1992

I do have extra parts, so I can add a few more ships to the total. usually have around 4 big ships, 2 smaller ships, and 6 small ships (Set 6277 sized ships). I do have a few on the wanted list, but it's likely I never be able to buy those :pir_bawling:

My fleet currently consists of six ships:

2x 6274 Caribbean Clipper

6285 Black Sea's Barracuda

6280 Armada Flagship

10210 Imperial Flagship

4195 Queen Ann's Revenge

As of 18/11/11 I also own:

4184 Black Pearl

I'd also like to build my own frigate fairly soon but since I don't want to cannabilise any of my current ships, its going to take time (and money) to accumulate all the necessary pieces.

Edited by Brinstar

I only started collecting pirates in the most recent wave. I have:

A modified Brickbeards Bounty, giving it an extra deck and 2 extra gun ports.

The Imperial Flagship

And...

The Black Pearl

with luck I have the imperial flagship next week, or week after that :pir-tongue: Checked how much I had and just 1 or 2 weeks more saving up. But I do have to say I may finally have a gf with that time, she knows I like her and she's done with her school etc next week. So likely I find out which of the 2 i get then. I wish I didn't have to choose though... I WANT BOTH! :pir-devil:

I've three

1.10210(i forgot the name of it)

2.4184 black pearl

3.4195 queen anne's revenge

4.30130 mini black pearl (hahaha...)

Edited by samsonsyyu