Bonaparte

The Golden Lady by Piglet

thindexedgif.gif 14b

This ship was mentioned in another thread, but it really deserves a better display.

On the brickshelf folder was following information from the builder (Piglet):

"She has 24 cannon banks, but only 9 cannons due to lack of navy funds, 3 masts and 3 decks".

I like the fact that it is a big ship with 3 decks and it still looks rather flat and has a great line!

When I make my "big ship" (after finishing the Excalibur), I plan to use some of the same techniques.

The stern castle doesn't destroy the line of the ship and it has a big quarterdeck.

The only negative point are the colors, but this is compensated by the rest.

Here is a view of the complete ship:

01.jpg

He used a nice technique to make the hull wider and didn't use the standard hull-mid-sections:

03.jpg_thumb.jpg

I'm going to imitate that bell for my ship :-)

17.jpg_thumb.jpg 58.jpg_thumb.jpg

The balcony is perfect integrated:

21.jpg_thumb.jpg 57.jpg_thumb.jpg

The anchor mechanism:

32.jpg_thumb.jpg

The lift:

72.jpg_thumb.jpg

The entire gallery contains many pictures and some nice details of the ship.

Wow, a very nice ship indeed! I like the balconies. Lots of things in here I like. Thanks for the found find Bonaparte!

The balcony is large and decorative, but a little too colorful. :-X A combination of any two colors he used would probably be much better.

The anchor mechanism is pretty well thought out as much as I can tell. The living quarters are nice too. I like the shape of the anchor; very creative. :pirate2:

Where is that Piglet? He's registered at Eurobricks before but he hasn't posted in a while. Does anybody know him?

Where is that Piglet? He's registered at Eurobricks before but he hasn't posted in a while. Does anybody know him?

His email-address was in the BS-folder.

Didn't know he was already as EB member.

I plan to contract him soon to ask some questions about this beauty.

And while you're there contact Tiger too so we can put a bit of bounce into this thread...

What a horrible pun that was...

And while you're there contact Tiger too so we can put a bit of bounce into this thread...

I've heard worse ;-) . A nice ship, though it looks as i the builder's supplies may have been limited and forced some colour issues into the MOC....

God Bless,

Nathan

I'm not following here.

Who is Tiger?

What is this horrible pun you are mentioning?

Some other details that I like about this ship are the "doors" to the lower deck.

Maybe they are not high enough, but they look very good.

15.jpg_thumb.jpg 11.jpg_thumb.jpg

Doors you say? They look more like window shutters to me, not exactly what I'd call a grand entrance to the stern castle.

Doors you say? They look more like window shutters to me, not exactly what I'd call a grand entrance to the stern castle.

I think they are intended to be doorways, but you're right, they are a bit low.

However, I like the concept and I'm thinking of a way to make them better to use them on my ship.

Nice stern, but the whole think including the interior is too colorfull and many bricks seem to be "out of place". I'm guessing (very educated) that this is one of his older mocs, all his others are much more refined.

BTW, If you wasn't aware, Piglet is a member of our forum.

Yes, we're aware that Piglet is a member of our forum. He came here to share his Pirate fumetti about 6 months ago however he never did report back to inform us his comic was complete.

Apparently Bonaparte was going to invite him to join this discussion but it appears that hasn't happened yet.

Yes, we're aware that Piglet is a member of our forum. He came here to share his Pirate fumetti about 6 months ago however he never did report back to inform us his comic was complete.

Apparently Bonaparte was going to invite him to join this discussion but it appears that hasn't happened yet.

It just happend!

I send him a mail to invite him to the discussion.

I was giving the thread some time to "season" before contacting Mr. Piglet. :islander1:

Hello again : o)

Translation of my comic stucked as I don't have as much time as I had when I was studying. Now I have a job and my free time is devoted to building rather than translation : o( (and that's also why i'm not active here)

I've just read the invitation mail - thanks Bonaparte : o)

Golden Lady was built in April/May 2004. The colors were mixed up as I really wanted to make a 'big ship' and hadn't have enough bricks.

The doors were a little small, but I really wanted the look of shutters there.

The capstain mechanism really worked - while rotating it you could pull the anchors (both simultaneously : o) ).

Thank you for your interest, I hope I'll can answer Your other questions.

Hello Piglet! Welcome back! I really like your ship as I menitioned before! In 04, wow, that was a while ago, hehee.

Translation of my comic stucked as I don't have as much time as I had when I was studying. Now I have a job and my free time is devoted to building rather than translation : o( (and that's also why i'm not active here)

:'-( We've missed you Piglet!

Thank you for your interest, I hope I'll can answer Your other questions.

Awesome! So why did you call this ship "The Golden Lady"? I don't see any gold or ladies on board! X-D

Awesome! So why did you call this ship "The Golden Lady"? I don't see any gold or ladies on board! X-D

Because of the galion:

10.jpg_thumb.jpg

I have to point out that It's gold - in case You could think it's yellow ; o)

Onboard Ladies can be found here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Piglet/B...nicles/02en.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Piglet/B...nicles/03en.jpg

; o)

The capstain mechanism really worked - while rotating it you could pull the anchors (both simultaneously : o) ).

Does this mean that the ship has been destroyed?

Can you tell us something about the sails of this ship? What material did you use?

Happy you could join us!

Does this mean that the ship has been destroyed?

Yes, about a year ago

Can you tell us something about the sails of this ship? What material did you use?

Well... I don't know what it supposed to be earlier. I just found this piece of cloth in wardrobe : o)