Sign in to follow this  
Captain BeerBeard

CannonBlast Island

thindexedgif.gif 185D

Captain BeerBeard and Bjornu met at Pirate Cave a while ago. BeerBeard bought Bjornu a drink and they had an interesting conversation. Bjornu told his story to BeerBeard about how he became an owner of a sloop "Katarina" that was being worked on as they drink. BeerBeard was captured by Bluecoats about fifteen years ago and hid a map on the bluecoat sloop he was prisoner on. He wondered if this could be the same sloop. BeerBeard did get the young pirate to admit that he had found a map. Bjornu had some big plans cooking up. He wasn't just going to hand the map over to BeerBeard. BeerBeard made a deal for the map. He had to have this map. Bjornu wanted fire power. He has some serious plans. Captain BeerBeard and Bjornu agreed that fifteen muskets for the map was fair and that they stay neutral with each other and stay out of each other's way. So they agreed to make the deal at CannonBlast Island. It's not a place you want to be seen. :jollyroger:

The story credit goes to Classic-Pirates member Bjornu. Thanks! It was fun. C&C welcome.

amocmain01.jpg

amocmain02_copy.jpg

amocmain04.jpg

amocmain06.jpg

Bjornu inspects the quality of the muskets. BeerBeard already celebrating his reunion with the old map.

amocmain07.jpg

Bjornu's new fire power.

amocmain011.jpg

The two pirates celebrating with some rum.

amocmain012.jpg

amocmain09.jpg

Good to see the creation is done.

I really like how you did the island and and the water.

Glad I have my muskets, now im able to sail further in search for a homestead or a nice place to stay.

Thank you beerbeard for this great creation and the cooperation!

Greetz Bjornu

I really like the cabin. Looks very cannon blasted.

I'm not too huge a fan of the water technique though. I can't really say why, but its fairly distracting. I think some light blue plates surrounding the island would be less ambitious, but ultimately more aesthetically pleasing.

Good to see the creation is done.

I really like how you did the island and and the water.

Glad I have my muskets, now im able to sail further in search for a homestead or a nice place to stay.

Thank you beerbeard for this great creation and the cooperation!

Greetz Bjornu

Thank you, for letting me use your character! We'll have to do something like this again in the future. I think it turned out better than what we talked about!

I really like the cabin. Looks very cannon blasted.

I'm not too huge a fan of the water technique though. I can't really say why, but its fairly distracting. I think some light blue plates surrounding the island would be less ambitious, but ultimately more aesthetically pleasing.

I will be getting thousands of those trans clear 1x2 plates and trans blue 1x1 round plates. I've started collecting blue boards to make huge scenes with that water style. You should expect it every single time you see a new topic by me. Sorry about that. I'm only about pleasing myself and if it pleases other pirates and ninja, then that's a bonus. Sometimes I do aim to please others, but not usually. I'm an evil pirate ghost. Remember? :pir_laugh2:

Like 2maxwell said, I'm not that big of a fan of your water technique, but its your MOC not mine!

Other than that, I like everything else about it!

Like 2maxwell said, I'm not that big of a fan of your water technique, but its your MOC not mine!

Other than that, I like everything else about it!

Why do you agree with him? Can you actually give me some constructive criticism instead of going along with someone who dosen't know why they don't like it? :pir-hmpf_bad:

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

Okay, what can I say but AWESOME 'Captain BeerBeard' ! :excited:

Neat small island, choppy waters I see too and let me guess someone got careless and blew half the roof off eh ? :iamded_lol:

And that's a lot of rum bottles and Brown-Bess Musket's too ! :moar:

Keep them coming 'Captain who likes his beer in his beard' and Brick On while drinking all that rum ! :grin:

Why do you agree with him? Can you actually give me some constructive criticism instead of going along with someone who dosen't know why they don't like it? :pir-hmpf_bad:

I can do that. The water technique is distracting because the stacked clear plates stand out from the blue too much and look like a swarm of little transparent jelly worms rising out of the water to attack the island, instead of looking like water. I understand you were going for a frothy sea breaking on the sand, and in some of the pictures it does work, but in others it's too busy and pulls the attention away from the main features of the work.

This might work better if you had different shades and colors in the water. Then there wouldn't be such a sharp contrast between the blue baseplate and the trans clear plates. But layering the water effectively would require building a couple more layers on your baseplate, in my opinion.

The island and especially the building are very nicely built. I like them a lot. The water technique is interesting, but not as good as the rest of it.

ok....sorry I came across that way. I had just woken up, and I'm feeling sick, so I wasn't in the best of moods this morning :pir-sceptic:

Here is what think. To me (personal opinion), the water is a bit distracting, and draws my eyes away from the cabin, and minifigs. I understand you are trying to give the water texture, instead of just making it flat. I think the blue base clashes with the clear too much. Maybe if you could use blue-clear pieces (if they make them) it might blend a bit better. So I guess I'm saying I like the technique, its just the color that clashes too much for me.

Otherwise, I love the rest of the MOC, especially the rock structure that the house sits on. Keep up the good work!

and can we still be friends matey? :pir-blush:

:pir-tongue:

Edited by Corweena

Good MOC. The house looks nice (even though the roof is 'damaged'), and I like the palm tree, with coconuts!

All the plants also give it a realistic feeling.

I agree that the water looks a bit distracting this way. You could take a look here for inspiration.

Actually I think trans clear on blue plates could work but perhaps they should be used differently.

Good luck on that.

As a side note, I don't hope the map leads to a huge treasure cave. In that case it's worth more than 15 muskets :pir-classic:

ok....sorry I came across that way. I had just woken up, and I'm feeling sick, so I wasn't in the best of moods this morning :pir-sceptic:

Here is what think. To me (personal opinion), the water is a bit distracting, and draws my eyes away from the cabin, and minifigs. I understand you are trying to give the water texture, instead of just making it flat. I think the blue base clashes with the clear too much. Maybe if you could use blue-clear pieces (if they make them) it might blend a bit better. So I guess I'm saying I like the technique, its just the color that clashes too much for me.

Otherwise, I love the rest of the MOC, especially the rock structure that the house sits on. Keep up the good work!

and can we still be friends matey? :pir-blush:

:pir-tongue:

Now this is some great criticism. I never thought about using trans blue with the clear. I totally get what you mean. That's an awesome idea. I need to stock up on trans blue. Thank you, Corweena!

Good MOC. The house looks nice (even though the roof is 'damaged'), and I like the palm tree, with coconuts!

All the plants also give it a realistic feeling.

I agree that the water looks a bit distracting this way. You could take a look here for inspiration.

Actually I think trans clear on blue plates could work but perhaps they should be used differently.

Good luck on that.

As a side note, I don't hope the map leads to a huge treasure cave. In that case it's worth more than 15 muskets :pir-classic:

I know where he lives, and as a pirate I always could "Share" his treasure :pir_laugh2:

A really well composed scene. I love everything, although I might've done the water differently.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

I love the water technique and the foliage, it's just a great little island that works. I meant to blog this sooner, back when I indexed it, but I got busy and this MOC got pushed down the forum. Hopefully this will bring some more life into the conversation.

Great MOC!

I actually managed to miss this :pir-look:,

but it looks great, also like that fact that your mocs always have a backstory, and that it works :)

Bart

I actually managed to miss this :pir-look:,

but it looks great, also like that fact that your mocs always have a backstory, and that it works :)

Bart

That is exactly why I bumped and blogged it, it's a great MOC that more people need to see.