Sign in to follow this  
def

Post your own art

This artwork really is great! I was actually quite surprised to find out that so many of you were so good at this sort of thing. Well done to everybody, and thanks for sharing it with us!

Here's a tone drawing of Atlantis I did. I did it a while ago, but I still feel it's sort of unfinished. I'd like to add more, but I'm not really sure what. Anyway, here it is:

5877583143_4c582a6ba3_z.jpg

Atlantis Sketch by Gregorovich9, on Flickr

Hope you like it!

Wow... so much nice art in here! I especially like the cartoons, i've always wanted to try my hand at it, but i find the storytelling aspect of it quite intimidating. :cry_sad: Most of my stuff is painting, i'm kinda semi-professional within that small creative area. I actually find playing with Lego to be very good at maintaining my "creative drive" when i'm having down periods with the painting.

I've got a website for my paintings, feel free to check it out if yr interested. :classic: (It's still under construction btw, so some of the pages aren't populated yet)

http://www.gabriel-thomson.com/

Wow. You really have a talent. These just blew me away when I saw them!

I should definitely check up Community forum more often. How can I have missed this great topic? :grin:

Glad to see so many fellow deviantArtists here. I have had a dA profile for over four years now, composing mostly of Final Fantasy and Harry Potter artwork. Check it out if you wish: My link

Here's a treat from the gallery, namely Lightning, the main protagonist in Final Fantasy XIII.

Respite_of_the_l__Cie_by_SandyLeDandy.jpg

Here's a treat from the gallery, namely Lightning, the main protagonist in Final Fantasy XIII.

Your line work is nice, very deliberate :thumbup:

I've been doing a comic diary of my trip to Canada for the last few days. Today, I got a desk, and to celebrate I pulled out my brushes. I'm getting a little rusty with a brush, but it makes a difference to the liveliness of the art. #1 is marker, #2 is brush pen, #3 is brush. I think I'll stick with the brush.

These are diary comics, and not exactly gags. The goal is to capture my culture shock on going back home.

my_trip_back_to_canada_1_by_naha_def-d3jxpps.jpg

my_trip_back_to_canada_2_by_naha_def-d3k8stx.jpg

my_trip_back_to_canada_3_by_naha_def-d3kfd4e.jpg

my_trip_back_to_canada_4_by_naha_def-d3kmm9u.jpg

my_trip_back_to_canada_5_by_naha_def-d3kxtcb.jpg

I love the font you're using, def. Did you design it yourself? I am still looking for a perfect font for my comics, but since they are in German, it's particularly difficult because of the umlauts. I'm currently thinking about designing my own font.

Check out the comics if you like, as I said, they are in German: http://krupunder116.wordpress.com/ Might translate them some day... :wink:

And Sandy, your Final Fantasy artwork is amazing! *watches* I am a big fan, too, but I only played the SNES parts and part IX.

Edited by Miss Kyle

I love the font you're using, def. Did you design it yourself?

Yup, that's my own personal handwriting font. I'd like to update it someday, but I've been a bit lazy about it :blush:

Yup, that's my own personal handwriting font. I'd like to update it someday, but I've been a bit lazy about it :blush:

Looks good to me! I think I'll try and design my own font at some point, too.

Your line work is nice, very deliberate :thumbup:

Thank you! I've been told so before, too. :grin:

Loving your culture shock comics. Ever seen the movie Lost In Translation, by the way?

Thank you! I've been told so before, too. :grin:

Loving your culture shock comics. Ever seen the movie Lost In Translation, by the way?

Thanks. I did see that flick, in the theater in Vancouver. It came out about two weeks before I came to Japan. It's good, but considering Tokyo to be Japan is similar to considering New York to be America. The city isn't representative of the country. I didn't know that then. I know that now :laugh:

Well I think that you all are great artists. So I would like to share some of my art. I'm a young man. I've been drawing since I have memory but now I'm "playing hard", I mean, making serious works. I'm going to show some of my latest works, you know, things that I really love or enjoy. Let me know what you think about them!

RED SKULL

LET ME IN Abby. I love this movie :)

BIG DADDY from KICK-megablocks

William Furno from Hero Factory

RAMMS+EIN Caricature, I also listen to hard rock

Did you make that? It's well done.

As I bum around the house, monitoring my mafystery game, I've been making use of my down time. This is not perfect, but I've never done anything like it before so I'm satisfied on that level.

<edit> I'm in the middle of coloring these things now!

underwater_color_1_by_naha_def-d3rexid.jpg

underwater_color_2_by_naha_def-d3rg6aq.jpg

underwater_color_3_by_naha_def-d3rijww.jpg

underwater_color_4_by_naha_def-d3tv85a.jpg

Doctor Doom, in charcoal. He's my favorite Marvel villain and he's been a pain to draw, but I think I finally got it.

LINK

I see some great work here, I hope I can be this good with color and ink.

Edited by Studs Not On Top

Did you make that? It's well done.

As I bum around the house, monitoring my mafystery game, I've been making use of my down time. This is not perfect, but I've never done anything like it before so I'm satisfied on that level.

<edit> I'm in the middle of coloring these things now!

*snip*

You really, really really made me scared, now...

Edited by Ricecracker
Removed the images.

You really, really really made me scared, now...

In the future, please don't quote images. I've removed them from your comment for you. :classic:

Here are some of my drawings. So, since I'm bored, I thought I'd post up some, along with my current drawing projects. Hope you enjoy. This is probably only about 1/2 of my collection. Comments and criticisms are welcome.

High School:

I started out drawing cars my freshman year. These are after I had about a years worth of practicing that I started getting decent.

SDC10085.jpg

SDC10086.jpg

SDC10087.jpg

SDC10088.jpg

SDC10089.jpg

SDC10093.jpg

SDC10094.jpg

SDC10095.jpg

SDC10096.jpg

SDC10097.jpg

SDC10098.jpg

After a while, I kinda got bored drawing cars, so I decided to draw some planes.......

SDC10108.jpg

SDC10109.jpg

SDC10110.jpg

SDC10111.jpg

SDC10112.jpg

SDC10113.jpg

SDC10114.jpg

Then I decided to get a little more technical, and do some blueprint style drawings......

SDC10099.jpg

SDC10100.jpg

SDC10101.jpg

SDC10102.jpg

SDC10103.jpg

SDC10104.jpg

SDC10105.jpg

SDC10106.jpg

SDC10107.jpg

After that, I didn't really draw for a while. Recently though, I challenged myself to do some angle drawings, instead of the profile ones that I'd done up until that time.

This was my first attempt.

SDC11109.jpg

Next was my friend's car.

SDC10090.jpg

And these are my current projects.

Nissan 370Z

SDC10116.jpg

Toyota Supra

SDC10117.jpg

my other friend's car

SDC10119.jpg

sorry if the pics don't work.....my internet and Photobucket have both been wigging out today :blush:

Edited by Corweena

Hey EB

Haven't been on for a long time...

Well dousn't matter anyways...

I was bored one day and thought lets try to make a drawing...

Well my first couple were really sh*tty and went on with drawing until I could do something nice, well I thought of myself these 3 were nice so now I will shut up and show them to you.

Enjoy....

Sorry big pics... Idk how to resize Sorry EB Admins.

My 2pac drawing

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/republicgrounds/legoStarWars/img_0137.jpg

My Xzibit Meme drawing

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/republicgrounds/legoStarWars/img_0138.jpg

My Bob Marley Drawing

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/republicgrounds/legoStarWars/img_0181.jpg

Please C&C

Edited by def
oversize image links removed

Sorry big pics... Idk how to resize Sorry EB Admins.

Hi RepublicForces,

Two things:

-Post moved to community and merged to the existing art topic.

-Not knowing how to resize is not a reason to post oversize pics. 800 is the maximum width, for future reference :wink:

Cheers.

Perhaps this thread might be easier to read if posts were limited to one piece of recent work, and a link to any other stuff?

I totally agree with that. Plus, holy wow! Those works are amazing. Having just finished a course that involved a lot of perspective drawing, I feel like I have a new appreciation for work of this nature. :laugh: Great job.

Nothing to do with Lego, but still - the graphic design stuff I've been working on. I'm quite happy with it. :blush: