Sign in to follow this  
The Penguin

Arkham Asylum 2

Is everyone liking the game so far? I just finished the main story and boy was I scratching my head. It was pretty great though! Lots of surprises along the way, I'm stuck on catwomans mission in the museum, how do I get passed the torture chamber? any help would help me :laugh:

I finished the main story last night. Now THAT was an interesting "twist" at the end. :oh:

Roght now, I'll try to get all the riddles, ballons etc. , and the side quests.

The game is fantastic. I can't wait to play the new game plus when I get additional Outfits.

However In my opinion, the story itself was a bit short. And the Catwoman missions didn't quite feel like the announced 1ß% of the main story. :sceptic:

My third (and last)point of criticism is, that Arkham City felt so small. (Maybe I'm just spoiled by GTA & RDR )

As for your problem with the torture chamber (the room with the shark):

When you enter the room, go to the right (there is a Catwoman-Riddler-Trophy in a cage). Use your ceiling-crawling abillity to get the questionmark.

After that get upside-down, again, but don't go back to the entrance... there is a metal-grid for you to cross the room.

@Professor Flitwick

You should put the "Ghost Train"-sentence into spoiler-tags. :wink:

Edited by Nebsirob

One disappointment? No Riddler-related character bios, e.g the Ratcatcher and Humpty Dumpty in B:AA. I was looking forward to reading about more obscure villains.

What about Calendar man? He's obscure and you can only get him from riddler trophies.

Did a bit more post-credits playing yesterday. Completed all the side-missions, except the Riddler, whom I just rescued the first hostage off.

@Professor Flitwick

You should put the "Ghost Train"-sentence into spoiler-tags. :wink:

I made it relatively ambiguous, and besides, anyone wanting to avoid spoilers would avoid this thread anyway. :wink:

What about Calendar man? He's obscure and you can only get him from riddler trophies.

Yes, but Calendar man was in AC (all be it a little cameo role). I was talking about people not featured at all in the game, like the examples I gave. :wink:

Now, Arkham 3.

1. Harley Quinn - Pregnant with the Jokers child. I realise that it would take twenty years and nine months to turn Quinns/Jokers child into a villain to fight, but a pregnant Harley out for revenge could come up.

2. Hush - He's disguised as Wayne, and obviously off the reek havoc. This might mean the plot of Arkham 3 would involve Wayne (and maybe Batman) being wanted by the police. Another possibility is Hush will go to Wayne manor, make Alfred believe he's the real Bruce, and find the Batcave. "I'll go after him tomorrow" - suggests he'll be back.

3. Azrueal - Works for a secret organization (another one? :tongue: ) "A fire is coming, Gotham will burn, and Batman will too." Definite sequel material.

4. Radio - There are several messages saying things like 'I will have my revenge' etc, from and unknown messenger.

I think the most likely is 3, closely followed by 2. 1 and 4 are most likely misleading Easter-eggs.

Ah, at last I can return to this thread! :sweet:

It's fun that the game has just been launched and people already speculate about sequels! :laugh:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Yes, but Calendar man was in AC (all be it a little cameo role). I was talking about people not featured at all in the game, like the examples I gave. :wink:

Ah thanks, I haven't quite completed all of Arkham Asylum :blush:

It's fun that the game has just been launched and people already speculate about sequels! :laugh:

Well, Mr. Cobblepot, we need something to do for the next 18+ months! :blush::laugh:

Ah thanks, I haven't quite completed all of Arkham Asylum :blush:

No worries. Hope you enjoy the game! :thumbup:

Ah, at last I can return to this thread! :sweet:

I'm interested to hear what you thought of the Penguin and his role in the game now that you've played it.

He was one of my favorite villains this time around, and I do hope he's in the next one.

I'm interested to hear what you thought of the Penguin and his role in the game now that you've played it.

He was one of my favorite villains this time around, and I do hope he's in the next one.

I actually feared, someone would ask! :laugh:

Ok, let's go:

What I liked:

1) I really liked his backstory. With the description of his ancestors and their influence on Gotham City. It's great to see that his family's roots go as deep as Wayne's and it seems that there has always been that rivalry between the families.

2) I liked the setting. i'm not sure about the Lounge, being connected to the Museum, but anyway it was great. What better place can you imagine for Pengy to have? Again. not sure that I like the museum to be a Natural history one, instead just Historical, but it's fine. The posh old-fashioned grotesque architecture works really fine for it.

3) Iceberg Lounge was also a great fun, though a bit small. It looked very stylish and pompous, just like the character.

4) The boss fight was also quite entertaining, and believe it or not, but he actually killed Bats several times, more than in any other location in the entire game! I just guess it was a freudian way of acting on my behalf. I never wanted to win, aactually, plaing Bats! :laugh:

5) His goons are great fun with those stylish outfits and Sickle is just adorable! How can you not like a typical siberian Russian as this one? :hmpf:

6) His storyline was very interesting and action packed with those nice scenes in the subway. Very fitting.

7) Just enough screen time. not more than needed, not less. )

8) The opening scene with him hitting Bruce Wayne. Priceless! :classic:

What I did not like:

1) His appearance. Seriously, I hated that. A heavilly balding midget with a bottle in the eye?! With an odd cockney accent, though having his family roots in America? How come?!

I still think that a neat-looking, gentleman-like approach would've worked better on the contrast with the messy other villains.

2) His obsession of posession. Seriously that just looks stupid. I kind of liked him using people as exhibits, but his life phylosophy just looks plain stupid.

3) He's beem made quite a sadist, which to my mind does not fit his character at all. He may be a villain, a crook, but not a sadist spilling blood all over the place. Just not him.

4) No bird mannerisms or any hint to that. Apart from his "Bird vs Bat" phrase. I wonder why call him Penguin in this case at all?

So as you can dee I really liked his role in the game and want MOAR to come. Just change the model, for Bat's sake! :hmpf:

4) The boss fight was also quite entertaining, and believe it or not, but he actually killed Bats several times, more than in any other location in the entire game! I just guess it was a freudian way of acting on my behalf. I never wanted to win, aactually, plaing Bats! :laugh:

LoL, that is pretty funny.

4) No bird mannerisms or any hint to that. Apart from his "Bird vs Bat" phrase. I wonder why call him Penguin in this case at all?

I have to agree with this, I was wondering a few times exactly why he was called the Penguin in this mythos. :sceptic:

Thanks for answering, I do agree with what you said. However there is one thing that did bother me about the Penguin.

Why was there a humongous Great White in the Torture Chamber? Also why didn't it die of hypothermia, seeing how the water was covered with ice. :look:

Why was there a humongous Great White in the Torture Chamber? Also why didn't it die of hypothermia, seeing how the water was covered with ice. :look:

I swore very loudly the first time I saw him, and struggled to get back into the room, convinced I'd see him again! :laugh:

So, the Penguin vs. the Joker, huh? Tell me, Mr. Cobblepot, what up and coming Mafia Game might this be similar to? :innocent:

I swore very loudly the first time I saw him, and struggled to get back into the room, convinced I'd see him again! :laugh:

Agreed, that was the only moment in the game that super surprised me! I jumped out of my seat!

To bad there was no breaking of the fourth wall in this game :cry_sad:

So, the Penguin vs. the Joker, huh? Tell me, Mr. Cobblepot, what up and coming Mafia Game might this be similar to? :innocent:

Speaking of sharks..... Riddle me this: When was Batman at his zenith? :wink:

Speaking of sharks..... Riddle me this: When was Batman at his zenith? :wink:

Arguably, the early Nineties. :tongue:

Gotta say, Cobblepot was a great villain, really made me wanna pound him, but a pretty sorry excuse for a Penguin. I always thought "I'm gonna kick the droppings outta you, Ozzy!" Never "Your flight's been cancelled, Penguin!"

Luckily, he's the only villain that made me think that way. Spectacular game.

Oh yeah! More DLC incoming

Hopefully.

It looks like robin vs Harley supplementary missions! I can't wait to hear more the achievements have me intrigued! I just hope it also comes out for xbox

So, I thought I'd bring this thread back up since the new dlc is out now. I have to say it was way better than I expected! I really liked the Robin parts, but I'm kinda disappointed that you can't free-roam with him. :cry_sad: I'm glad that they left it so open that there is is just more proof that there will be an Arkham 3! If you got the dlc and played it, what do you think? If you haven't gotten it yet you all really should!

So, I thought I'd bring this thread back up since the new dlc is out now. I have to say it was way better than I expected! I really liked the Robin parts, but I'm kinda disappointed that you can't free-roam with him. :cry_sad: I'm glad that they left it so open that there is is just more proof that there will be an Arkham 3! If you got the dlc and played it, what do you think? If you haven't gotten it yet you all really should!

I think there was to much Batman parts and not enough Robin parts. It was pretty awesome nonetheless. Batman is super mopey so I wonder were there gonna take that, hopefully straight into the third game! What, only like a year and a half I away I assume. As a whole I'm very happy with the DLC, I kinda had to rush through it cause I had to study for exams, but soon I'm gonna play through it again and take my sweet time. I'm also thinking about building Jokers Shrine out of lego, wouldnt that be cool? :classic:

Does anyone know if they touch on the Hush side quest in the DLC? Or is just batman/robin/quinn sheannigans.

Also the fact that you can't roam as Robin is somewhat of a bummer.

By somewhat I mean a major. Then again it's called Batman and not Robin so I guess that's that.

Does anyone know if they touch on the Hush side quest in the DLC? Or is just batman/robin/quinn sheannigans.

By somewhat I mean a major. Then again it's called Batman and not Robin so I guess that's that.

Nope, nothing about Hush, there saving all of that for the third game :sweet: that and Azrael and hopefully a Red Hood portion, also I'm pretty sure Joker will come back to life.

I was kinda hoping for a secret villain that Quinn would work with, a tough guy like Man-bat or something that would pop out of a wall and take everyone by surprise.

Nope, nothing about Hush, there saving all of that for the third game :sweet: that and Azrael and hopefully a Red Hood portion, also I'm pretty sure Joker will come back to life.

Mark Hamill already stated before AC was released that it would be his last video game, so I sincerely doubt the Joker will come back :sadnew:

I'll stay excited for part 3, though :sweet:

Well if you talk to Gordon when you're Batman he says something like, "After this we should work on that other thing you were telling me about." If you know what I mean. :wink: