Sign in to follow this  
The Legonater

MINI MOC: The Battle of Hoth

gallery_101_23_281.gif

I've never been good at these intros, so I'll keep this short. The one major problem that kept coming up was simple: I was contineusly running out of pieces. That was the main reason I've taken so long to post this, and the main reason it isn't as big as my last MOC. So if you're wodnering why the Shield Generater is cut off, or the hangar is so small, that would be why.

The ground: (Hangar, trenches, turrets, and Generator)

6275155401_51cd56a49d_o.jpg

2011_1023hoth0003.jpg

[url=

2011_1023hoth0004.jpg

2011_1023hoth0005.jpg

odds_and_ends_055.jpg

The T-47s, AT-ST and AT-AT. NOTE: These are to scale with the MINIs in my DS MOC.

2011_1023hoth0006.jpg

odds_and_ends_056.jpg

dscf0015.jpg

2011_1023hoth0008.jpg

That AT-AT looks really good.

Now I wish you had a better camera with a macro function that would give us crisp pics :wub:

I love that AT-AT The Legonater, and the Snowspeeder is great :thumbup:. The shild bunker does look a bit weord cut in half like that though :tongue:.

The AT-AT does look quite good. :classic: I'd love to see what you could do if you just concentrated on it and didn't have to worry about making it fit in with the rest of the bignette.

That AT-AT looks really good. Now I wish you had a better camera with a macro function that would give us crisp pics default_wubnew.gif
Sadly enough, that was with the macro. I really need a new camera.
The AT-AT does look quite good. default_classic.gif I'd love to see what you could do if you just concentrated on it and didn't have to worry about making it fit in with the rest of the bignette.
Sure, I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: I just remembered a fetaure I used while making Funnies that brightened/sharpened the picture (odly enough, amcro had little to do wth it). I've psoted another shot ot the AT-AT on the top of the page, to see if it's any better.

Edited by The Legonater

Excellent looking scene - great looking AT-AT and shield generator....try an outdoor shot with natural light....works for my town shots almost every time ! :wink:

May the Eurobrick be with you ! :wink:

Yeah that AT-AT really does look good. pirate_thumbup.gif I should guess this is done then?

Yes, unless I come up with something to add to it (Which is unlikely)

AT-ST?

I second that, an AT-ST in that scale would be impressive. Another thing would be to add, if you have any that is, clear stands for the T-47s. This is an exellent MOC, much better than I could do. :thumbup:

Exellent job my friend! :sweet:

Aw, that AT-AT looks down-right cute! :wub: The rest of the scene isn't bad either, although it's apparent that you ran out of bricks. Perhaps you could add flames on top of the generator to make it look like the missing pieces were blown off by the AT-AT. :laugh: As for things to add, aside from the already mentioned AT-ST, how about a micro Taun-taun? Might be a bit tricky to design, but it should only take a few pieces to make, so I'm sure you can do it.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

By the way, I have taken the liberty to brighten up your overview pic a bit. Feel free to use it in your first post:

6275155401_51cd56a49d_o.jpg

Pretty cool Legonater! The AT-AT is sweet, so are the snowspeeders. Maybe you can add a crashed snowspeeder, as that would't require any transparant bricks?

Sorry for the wait- I've been awfully busy- but I've finally finished the AT-ST and Tauntaun.

That AT-ST is so incredibly cute Legonater :wub:, A good match for the cute little snowspeeders :grin:.