Sign in to follow this  
LuxorV

The Laugh Box

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello all, I'd like to get your feedback on my entry for the MOC Madness 2 contest on FBTB :classic:

Bounty Hunter - Cra'Zed: Son to a wealthy spices' merchant, Cra'Zed lost everything when the CIS army destroyed his home city to test a new weapon. His family dead, his father's wealth gone, his planet doomed, Cra'Zed decided to 'switch-off': it was futile to go mad to avoid going mad! He started traveling the Galaxy and taking risks other would not. Soon, he became known as one of the most dangerous adventurers around. To sustain himself and his new friend and aid, Quitranl, he took up the bounty hunting job. Unfortunately, he does not always remember to keep his preys alive...

6249271912_218db068c3.jpg

LaughBox_000a di LuxorV, su Flickr

Ship - The Laugh Box: Once a bank transport, this ship is equiped with the best sensors array money can get, heavy weapons and near the fastest engines in the Galaxy. Cra'Zed made some special modifications to it, including hidden weapons and a cryo-chamber to host his preys.

Weapons:

- 2 plasma cannons and 2 laser cannons on a swivel mount on the nose

- 4 forward point-defense laser cannons (2 on each side of the cockpit)

- 2 plasma turrets (one per wing mounted on sliding platforms)

- 6 laser cannons (3 per wing tip)

- 8 torpedo launchers (hidden in the nacelles)

- 2 binary backward point-defense laser cannons (hidden in the landing gear)

Engines:

- Two XXL thrusters with hyperdrive capabilities

- a fusion core for weapons needs only (those plasma turrets can suck quite a bit of power, you know).

6248743311_c881c21daa.jpg

LaughBox_000b di LuxorV, su Flickr

Prisoner compartment - A detachable cryo-chamber to host the bounties. It goes well for both live and dead ones!

6249271808_c3cab1f814.jpg

LaughBox_000c di LuxorV, su Flickr

More pics in this folder.

This is great, LuxorV. I love the name of the ship, very appropriate :laugh:. I also love the Prisoner compartment with the Cryo Compartment :thumbup:. Great job.

Hello!

That's quite impressive, minifigure and starship! :classic:

The greebly design of the ship gives it a really menacing look, especially the wings with the many tips. You've also created a great colour scheme. Dark grey and orange together with a bit of lime green is quite unique. :classic: My favourite interior detail is the old double printed roof top slope, a very useful piece almost forgotten. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

This is great, LuxorV. I love the name of the ship, very appropriate :laugh:. I also love the Prisoner compartment with the Cryo Compartment :thumbup:. Great job.

Thanks, Mr Man. At first I was going with 'Iron Bantha' or something like that; but this one is more fitting with the bounty hunter :devil:

Hello!

That's quite impressive, minifigure and starship! :classic:

The greebly design of the ship gives it a really menacing look, especially the wings with the many tips. You've also created a great colour scheme. Dark grey and orange together with a bit of lime green is quite unique. :classic: My favourite interior detail is the old double printed roof top slope, a very useful piece almost forgotten. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thank you, Legostein. Indeed, the double printed roof top slope is one of my all-time favourite printed parts. Too bad LEGO use it in 2 sets only :cry_sad:

Love the colours and shape :thumbup:

The orange is nicely broken up by the bley and the hints of lime green work really well!

It has a real chaos look whist still maintaining symmetry, well done.

Very nice. I love the interior, it reminds of Firefly with the grating and the lived in look. Nice use of the cockpit as the prison container. :thumbup:

Thanks. That's partly where my inspiration came from. Man, I love that show!

Love the colours and shape :thumbup:

The orange is nicely broken up by the bley and the hints of lime green work really well!

It has a real chaos look whist still maintaining symmetry, well done.

I'm glad you like them. The wings were one of the most difficult parts to finalise: I changed 3 designs, as the first one was too small, and the second too thin. They did not work to convey the right vibe I wanted for this ship.

Very nice. A detailed and sweet looking ship. I really like the cargo bay you made, realistic and nicely detailed. The only thing I would do is making some more shots of the ship in different angles, so we can see the overall shape better so as the details.

And good luck on the contest. :classic:

Great job, LuxorV! I like the idea of a Joker-like bounty hunter in the SW universe. The ship looks great too; the colors truly make it look like the ship of a madman, and I especially love the paint job on the wings, which I first thought to be custom stickers.

Good luck in the contest! :classic:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Great job, LuxorV! I like the idea of a Joker-like bounty hunter in the SW universe. The ship looks great too; the colors truly make it look like the ship of a madman, and I especially love the paint job on the wings, which I first thought to be custom stickers.

Good luck in the contest! :classic:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks Oky :classic:

The pilot can be seen as a sort of Batman's Jocker in space, I think. It was not my initial purpose (I had a bunch of figures built for this, and asked some friends to pick their favourite; he won by far!), but I've grown to see him the same way over time :laugh: