Sign in to follow this  
Masked Builder

Heroica RPG - Quest#9: Trespassers

Well if we're intending to keeping him alive, I suggest Namyrra use her sleeping whatchya-ma-callit against this guy.

Bob is curious as to why Skrall feels bandit has information, but Bob will be happy to keep bandit alive. Bob will attack the bandit from the back row with Bob's snake staff.

(OOC, I'm using a different (and significantly older) computer than the one I typically use, mine is temporarily unusable, and for some strange reason, I am unable to post in bold and italics, or use emoticons. Not sure why, but if y'all can bear with me on that for a few days until I can change back, I'd appreciate it. Sorry Masked for any inconveniences that this causes.)

"No need fer the sleep effect. I'm just hopin' the powers above know we're shootin' to lame not kill :wink: "

"Do you here that above powers? Don't kill him!" Finnegan screamed.

"What'ya know? My mage senses have a diplomacy skill!" Althior teased. :laugh:

"Althior, get that butler of yours to the back row, we don't need a dead body trippin' up the rest of us. Has anyone else noticed how much this thug resembles our precious grounds keeper? Maybe this whole thing's been an inside job."

Results of Round One of the skirmish at the campsite:

Althior vs. Bandit - Miss

Namyrra vs. Bandit - Critical Hit

Skrall vs. Bandit - Special Damage

Dyric vs. Bandit - Critical Hit

Arasmyth vs. Bandit - Hit

Bob vs. Bandit - Damage

Althior casts darkness but somehow manages to miss. Namyrra casts as well darkness and lands a Critical hit causing 16 damage! Skrall launches an arrow at the Bandit but he misses and the bandit strikes out and causes him 2 damage. Dyric swings his blade and hits the bandit with a Critical hit causing 7 damage. Arasmyth whacks him with his staff causing 2 damage. Bob lunges at the Bandit but misses, the bandit sees his chance and hits Bob for 3 damage as he is standing in the back row.

Enemies:

Bandit

Type: Humanoid

Level: 6

Health: 5/30

Special: Profuse Bleeding – Causes target to bleed, losing 2 health per turn, until the battle is over, or it is remedied.

Drops: 20 Gold

Party:

img_2807.jpg

Skrall
(played by Waterbrick Down)

Level 4 Ranger (Party Leader)

Power: 10 (+4 against beasts)

Health: 7/9
*Bleeding*

Gold: 0

Inventory: Hunters Crossbow
*Poisoned*
(WP: 6 + 4 against beasts), Potion (3), Remedy, Tonic, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Venom

dsc_0008c2.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 11 Mage

Power: 16

Health: 14/14

Ether: 14/14

Gold: 245

Inventory: Dragoro (WP:3), Diamond imbued Dagger (Light elemental WP:5), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Lightning Bomb, Potion, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Grand Tonic

heroicarpgcharacter.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra)

Level 1 Mage

Power: 4

Health: 5/5

Ether: 5/5

Inventory: Crystalline Staff (WP: 3), Sapphire (Wind), Potion (2), Smoke Bomb

img_5038_-_copy.jpg

Bob
(played by Sirius Black)

Level 1 Mage

Health: 2/5
*Bleeding*

Ether: 5/5

Inventory: Snake Staff (WP: 3), Ruby/fire, Elemental gem, Shovel

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(The Legonater)

Level 1 Rogue

Health: 7/7

Gold: 10

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 3), Potion, vial of Venom

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 6 Mage

Power: 11

Health: 10/10

Ether: 10/10

Gold: 20

Inventory: Lullaby wand (WP: 5, sleep-effect), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Opal (Ice), Emerald (Wood), Potion, Tonic, Venom, Bedroll

Note: Since there is only one enemy remaining, the remainder of the battle will be played automatically.

Results of Round Two of the skirmish at the campsite:

Althior vs. Bandit - Critical Hit

Namyrra vs. Bandit - Critical Hit

Skrall vs. Bandit - Damage

Dyric vs. Bandit - Hit

Arasmyth vs. Bandit - Damage

Bob vs. Bandit - Damage

Althior starts off the round by casting darkness and landing a Critical hit and knocking out the Bandit.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

All heroes gain one Level of experience, so update your signatures accordingly. The enemy drops 20 gold.

Party:

img_2807.jpg

Skrall

Level 5 Ranger (Party Leader)

Power: 11 (+4 against beasts)

*Poisoned*
(WP: 6 + 4 against beasts), Potion (3), Remedy, Tonic, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Venom

dsc_0008c2.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 11 1/2 Mage

Ether: 13/15

Gold: 245

Inventory: Dragoro (WP:3), Diamond imbued Dagger (Light elemental WP:5), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Lightning Bomb, Potion, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Grand Tonic

heroicarpgcharacter.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra)

Level 2 Mage

Power: 5

Ether: 6/6

img_5038_-_copy.jpg

Bob
(played by Sirius Black)

Level 2 Mage

Health: 3/5

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(The Legonater)

Level 2 Rogue

Gold: 10

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 7 Mage

Power: 12

Ether: 10/11

Gold: 20

Inventory: Lullaby wand (WP: 5, sleep-effect), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Opal (Ice), Emerald (Wood), Potion, Tonic, Venom, Bedroll

Party Leader, how will the spoils of the battle be divided?

heroica-sixcoins.jpg20 Gold

All of you, state any actions you wish to perform at this spot before the party moves on.

(OOC, I'm using a different (and significantly older) computer than the one I typically use, mine is temporarily unusable, and for some strange reason, I am unable to post in bold and italics, or use emoticons. Not sure why, but if y'all can bear with me on that for a few days until I can change back, I'd appreciate it. Sorry Masked for any inconveniences that this causes.)

QM Note: That's a-okay. I need to be reading your posts anyways.

QM Note: To tell you guys he can't/couldn't kill you in one blow. :wink:

QM Note: This is my first battle so please check and make sure I got it right!

OOC: Didn't Grogan come with us? Or is he waiting outside?

QM Note: Nope he's waiting outside the forest.

*snip*

All of you, state any actions you wish to perform at this spot before the party moves on.

QM Note: That's a-okay. I need to be reading your posts anyways.

QM Note: To tell you guys he can't/couldn't kill you in one blow. :wink:

QM Note: This is my first battle so please check and make sure I got it right!

QM Note: Nope he's waiting outside the forest.

OOC: When we level up, Power, Health, and Ether increase by 1 point each, so my Power should be 5, my Health and Ether 6. Plus, I didn't use magic, so my Ether should be 6/6 right now. :wink:

OOC: When we level up, Power, Health, and Ether increase by 1 point each, so my Power should be 5, my Health and Ether 6. Plus, I didn't use magic, so my Ether should be 6/6 right now. :wink:

QM Note: Should be fixed now.

"Well, he put up a good fight but I don't think he'll be givin' us much trouble anymore." Opening up the bandit's purse Skrall gave 5 gold to Namyrra and 3 gold to everyone else.

"Now let's see if we can wake this chap up and get some information out of him." Taking a flask of water out of his satchel, Skrall doused the bandit while pinning his chest to the ground with his other hand.

OOC: Since Namyrra had a critical hit on the first roll, her darkness spell would have knocked the bandit out in one round, therefor sparing the rest of us from losing any more health or ether. Also just to note sometimes mages will choose to attack with melee instead of using a spell if their opponent is weak enough, so you may not want to go on auto-pilot with spell casting unless the mage indicates so.

OOC: All the characters still need their HP to increase by one, and I think Bob did a normal attack as well, so he should have full Ether also, but the rest is fixed. :classic:

IC: "Thank you very much for the gold, Skrall." Arasmyth says as he tucks it into his coin pouch.

Edited by Kadabra

"Now let's see if we can wake this chap up and get some information out of him." Taking a flask of water out of his satchel, Skrall doused the bandit while pinning his chest to the ground with his other hand.

Instead of reviving him, Skralls actions make a small piece of parchment fall out of his clothes. It reads:

"We want the five of you to infiltrate the forest and try to find..." The rest is missing.

Party:

img_2807.jpg

Skrall

Gold: 3

*Poisoned*

dsc_0008c2.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 11 1/2 Mage

Ether: 13/15

Gold: 248

heroicarpgcharacter.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra)

Level 2 Mage

img_5038_-_copy.jpg

Bob
(played by Sirius Black)

Level 2 Mage

Health: 3/5

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(The Legonater)

Level 2 Rogue

Gold: 13

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 7 Mage

Gold: 25

OOC: Since Namyrra had a critical hit on the first roll, her darkness spell would have knocked the bandit out in one round, therefor sparing the rest of us from losing any more health or ether. Also just to note sometimes mages will choose to attack with melee instead of using a spell if their opponent is weak enough, so you may not want to go on auto-pilot with spell casting unless the mage indicates so.

QM Note: Doh! :wall: Would you like me to fix that?

OOC: All the characters still need their HP to increase by one, and I think Bob did a normal attack as well, so he should have full Ether also, but the rest is fixed. :classic:

QM Note: I got their Health and Power already. :wink:

OOC: I thought mages started with 5 HP and rogues with 7? Or am I just horribly confused? :laugh:

QM Note: Doh! :wall: Would you like me to fix that?

OOC: I don't mind if you don't adjust the battle text, but since Namyrra's Darkness spell was a critical hit and it's also effective against Humanoid monsters, her first attack would have ended the battle. So if you just adjust everyone to full health and full ether and raise the original values +1 for the battle experience, aside from Namyrra who would have expended one ether, we'll be set.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

"Well before we go, I'd like to dig a little, just in case."

OOC: :laugh: Too bad there aren't any undead around to smack you. :tongue:

IC: Arasmyth goes over to the unconscious, drenched bandit and searches him for anything useful he might have on him. He then slaps him repeatedly in an attempt to wake him up.

Party:

img_2807.jpg

Skrall

Health: 9/9

*Poisoned*

dsc_0008c2.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 11 1/2 Mage

Ether: 15/15

heroicarpgcharacter.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra)

Level 2 Mage

img_5038_-_copy.jpg

Bob
(played by Sirius Black)

Level 2 Mage

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(The Legonater)

Level 2 Rogue

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 7 Mage

OOC: I don't mind if you don't adjust the battle text, but since Namyrra's Darkness spell was a critical hit and it's also effective against Humanoid monsters, her first attack would have ended the battle. So if you just adjust everyone to full health and full ether and raise the original values +1 for the battle experience, aside from Namyrra who would have expended one ether, we'll be set.

QM Note: Okay I think I got it now.

"Well before we go, I'd like to dig a little, just in case."

Althior starts digging but as he's digging, he causes a tree to fall on his head. Althior doesn't find anything.

Arasmyth goes over to the unconscious, drenched bandit and searches him for anything useful he might have on him. He then slaps him repeatedly in an attempt to wake him up.

Arasmyth searches the bandit but doesn't find anything.

"So, time to move on then, follow the tracks further? It seems like something sinister is at play here, some simple poachers wouldn't carry around parchments with orders I think"

"I agree, we seemed to have knocked this fellow out pretty hard, I don't think we're goin' to get anything out of him soon. Let's get after those tracks."

OOC: All the stats are almost right, except everyone's health should be one point higher, i.e. mine should be 10/10 and my weapon is no longer poisoned.

Althior starts digging but as he's digging, he causes a tree to fall on his head. Althior doesn't find anything.

:laugh_hard:

"I'll use my compass to see if it still points into the woods with the footsteps."

Party:

img_2807.jpg

Skrall

Inventory: Hunters Crossbow (WP: 6 + 4 against beasts), Potion (3), Remedy, Tonic, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Venom

althiorfinnegan2.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 11 1/2 Mage

Health: 15/15

Ether: 15/15

heroicarpgcharacter.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra)

Level 2 Mage

Health: 6/6

img_5038_-_copy.jpg

Bob
(played by Sirius Black)

Level 2 Mage

Health: 6/6

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(The Legonater)

Level 2 Rogue

Health: 8/8

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 7 Mage

Health: 11/11

"I agree, we seemed to have knocked this fellow out pretty hard, I don't think we're goin' to get anything out of him soon. Let's get after those tracks."

The party continues to follow the tracks and comes to a point where they split. The party may go left or right.

"I'll use my compass to see if it still points into the woods with the footsteps."

The compass still points in the direction of the tracks.