Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest Masters' Lounge

I have to say I prefer the real pieces over the digital versions. There's great joy in collecting various minifig parts and matching them together. :wub:

I understand, I'm just saying that If somebody does not have any relevant pieces or none what so ever.

I am thinking about hosting a quest somewhen, and I have two questions:

1)Is it allowed to include Special Damages which disregard the Spirit Guard of a Cleric?

2)Is it allowed to include passive effects of enemies, e.g., halfing every damage done to an enemy due to heavy armor?

2)Is it allowed to include passive effects of enemies, e.g., halfing every damage done to an enemy due to heavy armor?

I can't speak to the first question, but for this one, at least for this particular example, I'd say just double the health from the get-go :tongue:

I can understand other passives though, such as a damage-return, or dispersing incoming damage across the group of enemies, etc.

I can't speak to the first question, but for this one, at least for this particular example, I'd say just double the health from the get-go :tongue:

But this could mess things up if the user was healed by a Cleric during battle. The Cleric would have to use up more Ether to fully heal him during a battle.

But this could mess things up if the user was healed by a Cleric during battle. The Cleric would have to use up more Ether to fully heal him during a battle.

I think he meant an enemy:

In which case you wouldn't want to be healing them. Unless they're undead.

Yar. And if you were a cleric healing an undead enemy, the damage would be halved anyway (unless magic wasn't affected by the "heavy armor" classification, I suppose). If you had an enemy healing another enemy with this attribute, then just have any beneficial heals have their power doubled? Meh.

No question, it would be much easier to simply allow for passives. I was just trying to make a funny :blush:

Whoops. :blush:

I am thinking about hosting a quest somewhen, and I have two questions:

1)Is it allowed to include Special Damages which disregard the Spirit Guard of a Cleric?

The cleric's Special Guard was already changed so that it only blocks negative status effects (poison, sleep, petrify etc.) caused by the enemies' special skills. Other type of skills still work on clerics. But no, I wouldn't want clerics to be inflicted by any status effects (if that was what you meant).

As for the other question, yes, it's allowed to include passive attributes to enemies such as that.

The cleric's Special Guard was already changed so that it only blocks negative status effects (poison, sleep, petrify etc.) caused by the enemies' special skills. Other type of skills still work on clerics. But no, I wouldn't want clerics to be inflicted by any status effects (if that was what you meant).

As for the other question, yes, it's allowed to include passive attributes to enemies such as that.

Oh, I hadn't noticed the Spirit Guard has been changed. But thanks anyway. :classic:

I was thinking of hosting a quest sooner or later. It would be a short quest, kind of like your WANTED quest, and I needed to ask, is it possible if my scenery is multicoloured? Just my brick selection is low.

EDIT: It would not be until the Christmas holidays though.

Edited by JediAnakin

I needed to ask, is it possible if my scenery is multicoloured?

Depends on what you mean. Heroica Hall is multicolored, for example, but it's consistent with its coloring.

But if you mean something like this...

shipsmall.jpg

...then there's a problem.

(Sorry, Peppy... :blush: )

Thats kinda what I meant.

Why would you build like that? :wacko: Even if you have limited amount of bricks, that's no excuse to make an eyesore. Black, white and the greys blend together well enough to create a decent scenery, there's no need to mix in every possible color.

Remember people that hosting a quest is not by any means mandatory. You can play and enjoy the game without ever hosting a single quest yourself. Not everyone is cut out to host a quest, anyway, as unfortunate as that is to say.

Well, if it has to wait until Christmas, why not make a Christmas Bricklink order? :grin:

Depends on what you mean. Heroica Hall is multicolored, for example, but it's consistent with its coloring.

But if you mean something like this...

...then there's a problem.

(Sorry, Peppy... :blush: )

:angry::laugh:

To all those out there.. Yeah, that's mine, I was probably about 12 when I built it. Ten more years of building and collecting does make all the difference. That was my pioneering inverted pyramid method of boat building :blush:

I have four quest ideas myself. Now to try building one of them :classic:

Like many others, I have some quest ideas as well. I'll have to think about things like creature levels and exactly how the quest would play out more. Plus MOCs. Planing a Quest is harder than it looked. :blush:

You're telling me, but mine should still be fun. To all those signed-up thus far, prepare for some interesting visits to some of the local Eubric businesses, which should compensate for my not doing to much storytelling involving the alchemists themselves :wink:

Just a random thought about balance as I've been planning: Not to be too nit-picky, but it seems to me that there's been an increasing influx of gems and elemental weapons as of late. I know that swinging around a sword that crackles with lightning is cool and all, but to me, these types of weapons and opportunities should be rarer than they are currently occurring, hence I believe the absence of gems being directly sold in the Marketplace. However, just because you can't buy them in the market place doesn't mean they should abound as loot in all the quests, balance is the key I think sometimes less or rather "common" is more. Remember that elemental weapons/gems have in Essenes double their regular attack power against some foes at almost less the price of a regular weapons upgrade. I know that in other RPG games and the like, finding unique items makes you stand out as more "heroic" than the next guy, but in reality at the rate we're going, in another 7 quests or so, everybody will probably have an elemental/special weapon. Am I being to realistic for a fantasy style game? I guess planning out a real quest, has made me take a look at the individuals who have signed-up and how I could create plausible monsters for them to fight, that won't be killed in one round just because 2/3 of the party have elemental imbued weapons. I'm learning the temptation QM's can feel to give their upcoming party awesome loot, but I need to remember how much the party will over-shadow other characters when they get back from the quest. So maybe as a suggestion, from a QM's perspective we could cut down on the common occurrence of all these rare items :def_shrug:Great now I need to go and eliminate all the gems and fire imbued demon daggers from my upcoming quest :tongue: Maybe :devil:

I have to agree. I feel rather mean to my party - I feel like I'm not giving them as great of upgrades as some of the other quests, but I did plan this quest to not really HAVE super-awesome prizes.

That's sort of my point, I'm aiming more for a novel/interesting/intriguing questing experience not just loot, experience, and glory. "If everybody had super-powers no one would be super" to roughly paraphrase a certain movie, I believe the same could somewhat be said about loot, not that not having a super-duper weapon doesn't make you special, but it heightens the significance and wow factor of when such an item actually falls within your possession.

If I make a Quest with the half-planned idea I have, there's only going to be one really good elemental item. And it's a weapon nobody's used yet. And it'll only be at the end. Right after my fantastic boss battle... :devil:

Edited by CallMePieOrDie

Nothing to add. I completely agree with your entire posts WBD. I'm most likely going to play a mage with only one gem just because all the other mages have almost every gem already. *huh*

I have to agree. I feel rather mean to my party - I feel like I'm not giving them as great of upgrades as some of the other quests, but I did plan this quest to not really HAVE super-awesome prizes.

I'm glad you don't have super upgrades. They don't fit with your quest as well as finding a couple of insane items in a lost tomb.

@Hybros - you should have plenty of time to prepare quests as your char was sold out by his teammates. :iamded_lol:

Ditto. Arasmyth is solely an Aeromancer, so I want to get 1 more Sapphire to imbue within his Crystalline Staff and then 1 Topaz (Lightning) because it fits in with the wind/air/weather theme quite well, and then I'll be able to damage foes who aren't affected by Wind.

I've got some awesome loot planned for my Quest, but it won't be right in the main path. The party will have to go out of their way to get it, and there might be some pretty tough minibosses guarding the stuff... :devil:

Yeah, I don't like too much rare loot, either. My players are getting a lot of Gold and an above-average amount of XP, though.