Sign in to follow this  
wokajablocka

Han save Luke - my entry

gallery_101_23_281.gif

This is only simple and small scene but I wanted to contribute to the community build this time around. Ive had this idea of making this scene for a while now and want to make a funny caption for the SW funnies page as well (when I get time). There is not much else to build in this scene so I might give it a better base for it to stand on. I also want to find my Anakin from the Darth Vader transformation set to give Luke that injured look. I was also thinking about some icing sugar to simulate snow, what do you guys think? Here is the links My link, My link and My link.

dsc00043.jpg

dsc00044.jpg

dsc00045.jpg

Here is V2. I replaced Luke's head with the Boxer's for that beat up look and the Weight lifters sweating head for Han busting his megablocks. I tried to simulate Han dragging Luke across the snow with the studs but in reality I was running low on flat whites (Sorry Hollander :sick: still not up to scratch for you and I also left one for you the top of the hill :wink::laugh: ).

Its better than the first but still not blog material. I could improve the shots with a better camera and lighting but I'm only using a 3.2mp Sony Cyber-shot and poor lighting. that I just wanted to add to the build and have fun :grin: .

dsc00105.jpg

dsc00103.jpg

dsc00102.jpg

dsc00104.jpg

Edited by wokajablocka
Deeplinked photos

Looks good. It's just a snowy scene, so I don't think there is much you can add, but the positioning of the figures is just right :thumbup:

BTW, copy this into your post for deeplinks:

[img=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wokajablocka/MyOwnCreations/dsc00043.jpg]
[img=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wokajablocka/MyOwnCreations/dsc00044.jpg]
[img=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wokajablocka/MyOwnCreations/dsc00045.jpg]

To get this:

dsc00043.jpg

dsc00044.jpg

dsc00045.jpg

Edited by prateek

Nice scene wokajablocka, I agree nice intestines, and positioning. Yes I think you should use some icing sugar to simulate snow.

Great idea. I can almost smell the guts. :sick: Did you do something to the Taun-taun's eyes? Maybe it's just the angle, but that last pic makes it look dead.

It's a good idea, but I find myself wanting more of a backdrop or snow and scenery.

It's been says before, it is just snow so there is not much more you can do, but even a white studio would help your scene out.

Good idea though.

Thanks for the replys guys. If I get time I will make a few changes and if I can find the parts im after. Im currently trying to sort out all my Lego so I can MOC easier and faster. Im sure this will spark some ideas for other readers and they will blow my MOC out of the water, but as far as I can remenber I havent seen a moc of this before.

And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!

heehe great moc.

And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!

heehe great moc.

Beat me to it :laugh:

Nice little vignette, wish I had the time at the moment to work on my build for AC. :sceptic:

It's been says before, it is just snow so there is not much more you can do, but even a white studio would help your scene out.

A black background might help create greater contrast, drawing the viewer in better.

Simple entry though. I just suggest thinking out how you can improve it.

Keep it up! :classic:

Great improvements wokajablocka! :thumbup:

The use of the heads from the collectable minifigs is really nice. They both match Han and Luke perfect. :classic:

As for the studs.. I can live with some of 'em.. :laugh: But they actually really fit this scene well, as it just looks like he dragged Luke through the snow.

All in all, great job on V2!

Edit; and karma for the SNOT. :wink:

Edited by Hollander

Very nice remodel. This first once was honestly, pretty bad. This one, on the other hand, is a complete 360. Well done!

Can't believe I didn't comment on this earlier. :wacko: The 2nd version is definately an improvement! :thumbup: I love the more "expressive" heads you used to convey what's going on in the scene. Very nice work! :sweet:

I love this pic wokajablocka. Those new faces are great, where are they from?

CMFs (Boxer) :wink:

Great little scene! :sweet: