Sign in to follow this  
Darth Yogi

Commander Bly

gallery_101_23_281.gif

MOODSWIM's tutorial inspired me to make this creation, and so much credit goes to him. Also credit to Brickdocter for the arms on the helmet.

Here it is.

6223745573_987292e18c_z.jpg

6224266262_70fecb4d44_z.jpg

6223744561_1e216c0b6f_z.jpg

6224265076_d7db880927_z.jpg

Commander Bly on Flickr

Thanks for looking. Please C&C.

An AWESOME Mood-style figure 'Darth Yogi', great detailing and nice blaster rifle too ! :grin:

Mood-build On 'Darth Yogi' ! :grin:

I just commented on this on Flickr and this guy turned out great! :thumbup: The color scheme is very accurate and that blaster rifle is awesome! :sweet:

Nice MoodLand fig! Good use of those minifig arms for the helmet. :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Excellent work. As others have said, the rifle is lovely. :wub: Is the kama made of official LEGO cloth, or is it custom? It reminds me of a Belville element.

Thanks for all the comments, and I'm glad you like it, and that the rifle was so popular.

Nice MoodLand fig! Good use of those minifig arms for the helmet. :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks so much for the blog. The arms were actually from MOODSWIM, which I believe he said was Brickdocter's idea when he posted Rex and Cody. I forgot to give credit for that but I'll add it :blush:

Excellent work. As others have said, the rifle is lovely. :wub: Is the kama made of official LEGO cloth, or is it custom? It reminds me of a Belville element.

Thanks. The kama is custom made, so not from Belville :thumbup:

Oh yeah, I forgot. :blush: Still, nice work.

By the way, I like your pauldron a little better than Moodswim's. It may look less "smooth", but it also looks less bulky. :thumbup:

Oh yeah, I forgot. :blush: Still, nice work.

By the way, I like your pauldron a little better than Moodswim's. It may look less "smooth", but it also looks less bulky. :thumbup:

Thanks, but I think MOODSWIM's looks better for CW which Rex is from, and the "Revenge of the Sith" Clones pauldrons are smaller, so fits Bly.

Thanks so much for the blog. The arms were actually from MOODSWIM, which I believe he said was Brickdocter's idea when he posted Rex and Cody. I forgot to give credit for that but I'll add it :blush:

Yep, from my UCS Alpha-3.

You can sort of see it in this picture.

Thanks, but I think MOODSWIM's looks better for CW which Rex is from, and the "Revenge of the Sith" Clones pauldrons are smaller, so fits Bly.

I think one of things that's really great about other builders making figs in this scale is that they (like you, Yogi) can make little changes/adjustments that maybe I wouldn't have thought of, like the pauldron. :wink:

I wanted to comment on Bly himself (who is amasing) however all I could see was the perfect Mood-land scale DC-15 rifle :blush:. Really good job Darth Yogi :thumbup:. This scale is really good I might have to have a go some time.

Excellent work! A very slick look, in combination with an awesome rifle and a neat designed head is just amazing. Keep up the good work!

This scale just presents so many great opportunities, I can't wait to see what you might be able to come up with next.

Just a question, how poseable are these? I can see plenty of hinges, but didn't know how much the extra pieces could restrict movement.

This scale just presents so many great opportunities, I can't wait to see what you might be able to come up with next.

Just a question, how poseable are these? I can see plenty of hinges, but didn't know how much the extra pieces could restrict movement.

If you check out my "How-to" post, these figs are EXTREMELY poseable, which is one of the best things about the design. :thumbup: