WhiteFang

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 5 Building Contest

Am I also right in thinking we can enter in both categories?

As what Oky had mentioned, you are allowed to participate in both categories with 1 attempt each.

awesome, can't wait to enter!

:laugh: Since you're a member in the chamber who's not smart enough to pick a different avatar when he creates a new account you'll need to wait a long time...

Dear CanadaClark,

post-8410-131784943217.jpghere is my entry. I call it "Happy-Fun-Time-Destruction."

Edit by WhiteFang: Entry does not meet the rules. Participant requires to re-submit a new updated entry or it will be disqualified.

Your entry for Category A does not meet the rules which I have stated and I have list those rules below. Read the rules carefully again and amend it for editing before the deadline. Thanks.

- No Series 5 minifigures are required. You don't need to own the figure to create a home for it, and it will not improve your chances if you do. You may not include the official minifigure or it's new accessories/parts from Series 5 in your official entry pictures. You may use older accessories, but not new ones from Series 5 like the violin case, graduation gown, axe, pie, etc, for example. Please note Series 1, 2, 3 and 4 minifigures and parts are allow in this category.

- No placeholder minifigure (Series 5) can be used to reflect the actual positioning in the entry.

- Upload your images onto those dedicated image hosting websites such as Brickshelf, Flickr, etc. Do not use Eurobricks attachment to upload your images.

Okay, more stupid questions. This is my fifth question, but are we allowed to post WIP pics in separate threads?

Separate thread is not allowed to post WIPs. However, you may post your WIP in the entry thread. All entries will be finalised upon closing.

Oh, can you please merge my thread titled: detective's victorian house into the entry thread please?

No problem. Topic merged into Category A.

Please note that your first image is extremely blurred. Please take a better and clearer shot or it might be considered for disqualification. I understands that it's still WIP. Please indicate the WIP in the first line, so I will take note.

Thank you and good luck.

May I ask, for category B ,

An interaction between the S5 figure with any other S1-4 figure is a must, right ?

which means I can't possibly put the two of them on separated floors, while the two of them are not in the exact movie scene.

(almost, but just not the same timing in the movie)

And is there a minifig limit ?

Is it limited to only official LEGO figures (including licensed ones as mentioned), but not the customized ?

Thank you.

An interaction between the S5 figure with any other S1-4 figure is a must, right ?

Yes.

which means I can't possibly put the two of them on separated floors, while the two of them are not in the exact movie scene.

(almost, but just not the same timing in the movie)

As much as possible, place them in the exact same movie scene. It must be seen in the vignette. Not necessary need to be seen together side by side.

And is there a minifig limit ?

No, there is no limit to parts and minifigures used, except the mentioned Collectable Minifigures.

Is it limited to only official LEGO figures (including licensed ones as mentioned), but not the customized ?

Yes, no customised minifigures are allowed.

Yes, no customised minifigures are allowed.

Not even purist ones? :look:

Not even purist ones? :look:

Err... Am I not clear? By definition, I meant customisation, it means customisation such as customised decals, painting, etc.

Of course, you can mix and match with official elements. :sweet:

OK, just making sure, since "custom minifig" could refer to purist ones as well.

My category B entry is already done! :sweet: I just need to take pictures of it and post it.

OK, just making sure, since "custom minifig" could refer to purist ones as well.

No problem at all. At the same time, it might clarifies for those who had that question in mind.

My category B entry is already done! :sweet: I just need to take pictures of it and post it.

That was fast. *oh2*

Are we allowed to do our entry in microscale? The minifigs will still be in their original size though.

Yes.

I know for other contests members who joined after the start date couldn't vote, but would I still be able to enter this since I joined today?

I know for other contests members who joined after the start date couldn't vote, but would I still be able to enter this since I joined today?

I understand that you signed up today. Basically, you can participate in both categories. Just that, you can't vote later on. That's all.

I understand that you signed up today. Basically, you can participate in both categories. Just that, you can't vote later on. That's all.

OK, that's what I thought the rules meant, but I just wanted to make sure.

Do you have to have/add other minifigures from the other series to catogory B?? :wacko:

Yes, and there must be a minimum of one original LEGO Collectable Minifigures in there except Series 5.

Yes, and there must be a minimum of one original LEGO Collectable Minifigures in there except Series 5.

Okay thanks whiteFang :thumbup: i have to re think my idea, haha :classic:

So far, I have looked through of the entries. For those, whose entries have poor photography, I strongly urge you to retake a better one. You are strongly encouraged to do so.

For those who have "my edited remarks below", you are to follow based on what I had asked or your entry will be disqualified.

For those who don't have any comments, it means your entries are good to go! :thumbup:

When does this contest end?

The contest begins now and will end on the 14th of November, 2011 at 1200hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last 7 days

The contest begins now and will end on the 14th of November, 2011 at 1200hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last 7 days.

You beat me to it Fangy. :blush:

I've got my ideas for both entries now. Just a matter of finding time to build.