Sign in to follow this  
Hiawatha

Paying Tribute to the Dey of Algeirs

thindexedgif.gif 180C

Commodore Hiawatha of the United States Navy was given the task of paying tribute to the Dey of Algeirs. His pirates :jollyroger: have been attacking American vessels and the pirates have been very successful :pir-angry: ! It is up to Hiawatha to negotiate with the pirates, but what does the Dey have planned for the new country?

100_1631.jpg

The Dey is met by Hiawatha

100_1632.jpg

A guard stands at attention.

100_1633.jpg

This event is surrounded by guards, but Hiawatha has brought a trusty supporter.

100_1635.jpg

The Dey's wife and royal guard.

100_1636.jpg

The Dey himself on the throne.

100_1637.jpg

Hiawatha tells the Dey of his plan and what he is willing to pay.

100_1638.jpg

Top of the palace.

100_1639.jpg

Piracy is a good business for the Dey, as you can see :pir-wink: !

Will the tribute be paid? Will Hiawatha make the Dey compromise?

I thought about this build after seeing this picture, which I lossely based the MOC off of.

captain_bainbridge_and_the_dey_of_algiers_1800_c1880_1388380.jpg

Hope you enjoy! Tell me what you think!

Very nice MOC, it's a great representation of an exotic bazaar and the scene you've chosen is very interesting.

I'm impressed by the number of (purist!) printed pieces you own, they fit the MOC very well.

Very nice MOC, it's a great representation of an exotic bazaar and the scene you've chosen is very interesting.

I'm impressed by the number of (purist!) printed pieces you own, they fit the MOC very well.

Thank you! :pir-laugh: Along with pirates, I collect the Orient theme as well. The thing I like about it is that it carries with it a lot of opportunity and the pieces are very decorative and beautiful :pir-sweet: ! I have many of these pieces from a Taj Mahal MOC I construcuted long ago. Someday I will build it back, but now many of the white pieces are being used in other projects.

I'm glad that you liked the scene too! :pir-sweet: I wanted to build something that I thought was never built before. :pir-wink:

Very interesting MOC. Very colorful. It seems to fit right in with what I would imagine a visit would look like. I love that Commodore torso too! Nice cape. I thought about putting one of the new scabbards to hold the cutlass, but that might be too bulky with the epaulettes. I like the way you have him holding it because you can't really tell it isn't in a scabbard until you look closely. Nice work!

Very interesting MOC. Very colorful. It seems to fit right in with what I would imagine a visit would look like. I love that Commodore torso too! Nice cape. I thought about putting one of the new scabbards to hold the cutlass, but that might be too bulky with the epaulettes. I like the way you have him holding it because you can't really tell it isn't in a scabbard until you look closely. Nice work!

Before the scabbard came out, that is how most people made it seem as though the figure had one. I actually like don't really use the scabbard piece for my Imperial figures (I use it for the POTC), but I did for my Wellington:Here :pir-sweet: I'm glad you enjoyed! :pir_yoda:

This is a really nice MOC. I like the use of the fountain piece on the floor.

One thing that could be improved, the Dey's wife would almost certainly not be that scantily clad in public. I mean, I can't say for sure what this particular Dey did with his household, but it would be extremely uncouth.

I can figure what Dey will say when he meets with Hiawatha.

Hiya, Watha! :pir_laugh2:

Thanks you efullner! That has to good in my signature! :pir-laugh:

This is a really nice MOC. I like the use of the fountain piece on the floor.

One thing that could be improved, the Dey's wife would almost certainly not be that scantily clad in public. I mean, I can't say for sure what this particular Dey did with his household, but it would be extremely uncouth.

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it! :pir_yoda: This is true and I try to make things accurate, but I also tried to make this MOC resemble the Barbary Coast in the movie Tripoli. They had belly dancers and I was trying to go for a feel like that in the MOC. I tried to decorate the palace as much as I could. :pir-wink: