XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

I know, right? :angry: I swear I've seen one pic that resembles it, or at least isn't completely gray.

We have.

Note that although we hadn't seen these pics before, they depict the sets at a much earlier stage. The blurrier pics previously seen are in all likelihood better representations of the final product.

We have.

Note that although we hadn't seen these pics before, they depict the sets at a much earlier stage. The blurrier pics previously seen are in all likelihood better representations of the final product.

Oh, thank God. I thought we might have been stuck with the gray blob for the final product.

Does anyknow know if the pauldrons of the Sandtroopers are installed correctly? There seems to be a hole in the pauldrons, roughly at the hight of the ellbow.

Does anyknow know if the pauldrons of the Sandtroopers are installed correctly? There seems to be a hole in the pauldrons, roughly at the hight of the ellbow.

If you mean that small 'hole' on the prelim pics we recently had here - this might also just be a small dot on the pauldron printing. But that's new to me, too.

If you mean that small 'hole' on the prelim pics we recently had here - this might also just be a small dot on the pauldron printing. But that's new to me, too.

Yes, I mean the prelim pics of the catalogue, the picture with the minifigs only that was located on the lower left side.

Remember it's a prelim - a preliminary picture.

Keep that in mind before putting too much "final set"-thoughts into those pics.

Agreed. The problem is for my wallet is that, I just started getting into model railways as well as LEGO D:

My wallet will commit suicide before I buy all them XD

I can't wait for these sets coming...

I can't. The possibility that this might be the final design of these figures keeps my mind busy. I'll try not to write about this issue any more, though :)

I can't. The possibility that this might be the final design of these figures keeps my mind busy. I'll try not to write about this issue any more, though :)

I too am scarred with the possibilty of it. Considering that it's almost here but no new pics are coming, these figures are really close to the final design.

I must say this wave is not looking great, I'm still going to buy the two battlepacks but other than that not much to look forward to.

We're still missing pictures of the o the Y-wing,anymore information on that by the way?

I also see we're missing pictures of the jedi interceptor, did we get better pictures of that?

these figures are really close to the final design.

Not really - the newest pics are older than a month now and we still got three months left until the release of the sets.

Besides, I really don't know why one would complain about the design of the minifigs; most of them are very detailed and even on a preliminary picture leaked 4 months before release there are nearly no "old" figs at all. A weird-looking pauldron certainly won't ruin the set and if it isn't accurate to the movie yet, TLG will probably change it anyway.

Not really - the newest pics are older than a month now and we still got three months left until the release of the sets.

Besides, I really don't know why one would complain about the design of the minifigs; most of them are very detailed and even on a preliminary picture leaked 4 months before release there are nearly no "old" figs at all. A weird-looking pauldron certainly won't ruin the set and if it isn't accurate to the movie yet, TLG will probably change it anyway.

Oh, I don't think it's too hard to find something to complain about. Personally, I would like to see a Scout Trooper with black mouth- and ear-parts (which are currently left white), a black visor that is integrated into the helmet, and, if possible, printed legs. Not to mention that the Endor battle pack would be way cooler with 5 minifigs (Scout, 2x Stormtrooper, 2x Rebel), but the choice of the minifigs is quite a different issue, of course. Another justified complaint is that the Stormtroopers in 9490 got printed legs, while the one in 9489 doesn't. Without complaints of any kinds, this would be a much less lively thread, I think.

In my opinion, the eyes of the TCW Barriss Offee need to be closer together (I like the other Barriss minifig much more), but that's not an important issue to me since Barriss is a relatively unimportant figure. Not surprisingly, however, clones can be expected to be important to be much more important in a series called "The Clone Wars", and that's why I think one needs to be especially critical about their design.

I really don't know if Lego should go for accuracy. In TCW, the figures are extremely slight and slender; Lego minifigs, however, are not, which is a major restriction to accuracy. By necessity, the Lego minifigs can only represent a choice of aspects of the figures shown in the show. So to me, the question is not whether a minifig "looks accurate", but whether the right/most important aspects are represented by the minifig. Some aspects may be accurate, while they might not go very well together with other aspects represented by the minifig.

Wouldn't it be cool if Lego could incorporate the new PF gravity sensor into a ucs set next year??

Wouldn't it be cool if Lego could incorporate the new PF gravity sensor into a ucs set next year??

Could you explain what that is please? :blush:

its a sensor that detects wich way is up i presume, a bit like how smart phones flip there screen etc.

I don't see anything wrong with any of them, I thought they were all great and sets the bar higher for the next wave :classic:

I don't know why people complain about some of the figures, but people will always find something to complain about, no matter what it is.

I can almost imagine them using it in a UCS Slave-I to auto-orient the wings. That would be much cooler than the free-swivel method the SYSTEM sets are using.

it would but they will not release a ucs slave-1 next year will they. :wacko:

I saw the secret retailer catalogue this mornig. The new star wars figures are great. 9489 set (endor battlepack) is nice, but the 2 rebels figures havent printed legs. i like also the 3 Little planets sets. The naboo starfighter is very well done. The planetes mold Are alzo VERY big

Nausicaa

The one without 2H sets (Malevolence etc...)? Those pics were already posted some time ago.

I hope the new ucs set next year will be the Venator class becuase I have the regular size set and its just not big enough for me

I saw the tie fighter at comic con international 2011 it was a good size and the minifigures were excellent but in my opinion it should be less than fifty because that doesn't seem worth it

Hello, what could this be?

I'm sure I've seen that a few months ago.

I think it was agreed it was just to promote the gigantic R2-D2 sculptures..

However, after the UCS R2-D2 rumour, this could possibly be it.. :look: