Looks like its coming along very nicely. I know everybody says that but if you compare it to the previous RCB's, this one really stands out. Can't wait until my turn! :classic:

Those are the coolest space lamps I have ever seen. Great job, on the landscaping lisqr!

P.S. I didn't know the droid torso came in blue?

Edited by MattTheLegoman

Those are the coolest space lamps I have ever seen. Great job, on the landscaping lisqr!

P.S. I didn't know the droid torso came in blue?

well, I didn't either. I forgot about the "use existing piece" rule until I pm the file. Then I check bricklink, turns out it's all good. :laugh:

So I just finished my turn and I have to say .... WOW

The work that was done on this model is excellent!!!

The whole build really captures that "classic space" look, Personally I thought not engouh "old gray" was used as most the classic space sets I own are grey and yellow, not blue.

Still, excellent work, we're almost done!!!

P.S - Am I right, did I read somewhere that the next planned/intended RCB would be a pirate themed one? :wub:

Pirate

P.S - Am I right, did I read somewhere that the next planned/intended RCB would be a pirate themed one? :wub:

Pirates has been leading the poll in the RCB topic ever since this RCB got underway and I reset the option for Space, but ultimately, that decision would be up to the host of RCB 4. (which, no, is not going to be me, in all likelihood)

...and, first post updated.

Great job on the command center, Piratedave. :thumbup:

Please note that the thing on top is a RADAR DISH, not some planet-destroying-laser turret-turned into a launch pad.

Thank you for your understanding!

Pirate

Edit: DOH!!! I had not seen you actually had put it was a dish on the first post ... I was busy writting a pun!!! :blush:

Edited by Piratedave84

Please note that the thing on top is a RADAR DISH, not some planet-destroying-laser turret-turned into a launch pad.

Thank you for your understanding!

Pirate

Edit: DOH!!! I had not seen you actually had put it was a dish on the first post ... I was busy writting a pun!!! :blush:

:blush::laugh_hard:

I never considered that it might be a superlaser. That's a good idea, though. :innocent:

I like the last step! Finally the command center is finished, I liked it when it was started and I like it now. I was curious to see how it would be completed. And the launch center has been completed too!

Perhaps only the "planet-destroying-laser turret" :tongue: is a bit oversized for such a small building!

I'm not sure about the choice to close the buildings or leave one side opened.

It is typical of the classic space buildings, so I used this scheme for my garage, while other builders made a different choice. Perhaps for a big project like this, it is more indicated to build closed rooms, that could appear more realistic. But I saw some classic space compositions with official sets and that appear great! :wink:

It is typical of the classic space buildings, so I used this scheme for my garage, while other builders made a different choice. Perhaps for a big project like this, it is more indicated to build closed rooms, that could appear more realistic. But I saw some classic space compositions with official sets and that appear great! :wink:

I think that's the beauty of the RCB; we see a lot of different building styles come together to create one big diorama. I could've insisted people build according to the Classic Space set style, as I did in RCB 2, confining buildings to the MMV style, but I think it turned out great this way. Besides, all the minifigs have helmets, so it doesn't matter realistically. Your garage could be intentionally left open to make it easier to launch the craft inside it.

Your garage could be intentionally left open to make it easier to launch the craft inside it.

That's what I thought when I designed it. In this way, I postpone the decision to the next builders! :grin:

And it seems they decided to leave my garage really airy on all its sides! :tongue:

Actually I debated for a while so as to wether I should close it or not, then decided to start finishing the launch pad ... then wnet back to the command centre.

I intially had it rigged with a "play feature" with hinges and all, but it turned out to be way too time consuming to line up everything.

Oh and the antena/dish is meant to be ridiculously disproportionate, I was honestly trying to make is as big as possible!!!!

Almost done! I think this is the most successful RCB so far. The model just looks so nice and clean :thumbup:

rcb_3_bannerblack.png

Hosted by Brickdoctor, with assistance from Superkalle and Calabar; color checked by Aanchir; partial credit for brick-built classic space logo to Proudlove

Eurobricks' 3rd LEGO Digital Designer Relay Community Build is now complete!spaceman_blue_sweet.gif

lrg-20-1.png

smalllddlogo.pngsmalllddlogo.pngsmalllddlogo.pngsmalllddlogo.pngsmalllddlogo.png

And now, a brief tour of the buildings: spaceman_blue.gif

lrg-20-2.png

Starting with the first entry by our LDD Regulator, Calabar, we have a small starship garage.

lrg-20-3.png

Next to that is the enclosed half of the hangar; the building is the product of the combined efforts of The Legonater, slacker int, DJ Force, Captain Tamamono, Alopex, MattTheLegoman, moop2000, and Brickdoctor...

lrg-20-4.png

...and connected to that is the open half of the hangar.

lrg-20-5.png

Outside, we have the storage silos and sensor array by slacker int, and the infamous landing pad by Captain Tamamono that, thanks to Brickdoctor, was supposed to be a defense turret started by DJ Force. spaceman_blue_blush.gif

lrg-20-6.png

Just beyond that, on the outskirts of the base, is this building being constructed, built by CallMePieorDie.

lrg-20-7.png

On the opposite side of the base, BasOne built a rocket launch pad, because, following in the footsteps of the Brickdoctor of RCB 1, he just had to get fire into the model. spaceman_blue_grin.gif

lrg-20-8.png

Three buildings surround the launch site: the floating cafe, by Lalror...

lrg-20-9.png

...the pizza kitchen, by CorneliusMurdock...

lrg-20-a10.png

...and the launch control center, by BasOne, Piratedave84, and prateek; which sits near the Classic Space statue, by Brickdoctor.

lrg-20-a11.png

Across the street, we have the greenhouse, by SpiderSpaceman.

lrg-20-a12.png

Pirate Pete and CallMePieorDie built a newsstand just down the street from that.

lrg-20-a13.png

In the center of it all is the command center, by Eskallon and Piratedave84...

lrg-20-a14.png

...which includes a large sensor dish, also by Piratedave84.

lrg-20-a15.png

And last, but certainly not least, is the shuttle transport, by MattTheLegoman.

smalllddlogo.pngsmalllddlogo.pngsmalllddlogo.pngsmalllddlogo.pngsmalllddlogo.png

Thank you to all the builders and reserves who participated. spaceman_blue.gif Thank you to Superkalle and Calabar for allowing me to host the build. spaceman_blue.gif Thank you to ADHO15 for the idea of the RCB. spaceman_blue.gif And, of course, thanks so much to Aanchir, for color-checking the model. spaceman_blue_sweet.gif

For those of you interested in more RCBs, please see the RCB Topic.

Once again, thanks to everyone who made this build possible. spaceman_blue_sweet.gif

1logosmall.png

It looks even better in advanced graphics. :sweet:

Great work everybody. This was definately my favorite build so far. All the details, and especially, the color scheme, make it just an amazement in itself to look at. :thumbup: