Sign in to follow this  
Rolltron

BRICKTOBER 2011

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I got my hands on these early. Just wanted to show you all what you get. They are pretty cool but the space man has a newer helmet and they dont stand up straight, but thats okay. Heads and hats are removable. They stick to the fridge really well. :classic:

picture_001111.jpg

picture_002.2.jpg

picture_003.3.jpg

picture_004.4.jpg

picture_005.5.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

GLUED TO THE BASE!? *huh* Pity.

Anyways, they do make some nice magnets. Thanks for sharing the pics.

I thought the glue Lego used could be loosened with hydrogen hydroxide.

Am I wrong? Has anyone tried?

Locutis

Am I wrong? Has anyone tried?

Locutis

A few methods have been suggested, but there is none that leaves the minifigure intact. Of course, it depends on your interests. I, for one, don't want a minifig with damaged legs in my collection at all.

Those are cool, despite the gluing. Shame Toys R Us closed the only store within miles of here after being there for 30 years. "Moving it to a better location" they say. That better location is like 10 miles out of town, it makes no sense. There's no way I'm getting the next nearest one 4 times in a month to pick these up.

If someone is very good at securing extras and wants to sell me a set for a reasonable price, let me know.

Is the new forestman hat reddish brown? I will be wanting a handful of those.

It looks like it is. :thumbup: The only old one that I have is a lot darker.

It looks like it is. :thumbup: The only old one that I have is a lot darker.

Could you do side by side pics with an old one and the new one from the CMF Series 1 Forestman's?

Could you do side by side pics with an old one and the new one from the CMF Series 1 Forestman's?

Sorry I dont have that one. :sad:

Coolio. I'm gonna try and get the forest man and/or the ninja, if this is available in Canada like last year.

Does anyone know the DEAL?? Last year I believe it was "FREE with any $30USD purchase." I know Kyle Johnson reported on his blog that the number is now $75, but I think that's just the free shipping threshold.

I'm wondering how much we have to spend at TRU to get them. Also very curious what the actual Lego sales are for each week at TRU. Anyone have any advance knowledge????

...shucks!... does this mean I have to make four separate trips to TRU in October?... considering the high price of gasoline, I might have to pass this year... what a bummer!...

UPDATE:

To partially answer my own question, Toys N Bricks offers the following information about Week 1 FOR TOYS R US CANADA ONLY:

Bricktober is now here! From September 30 – October 6, ToysRUs Canada will have the following deals. For your convenience, we’ve converted the “50% off Toys R Us price” to actual percentage savings from MSRP below. Online orders above $100 will qualify for FREE Shipping as well.

•49% off – Atlantis Deep Sea Striker $13.87 (reg.$26.99)

•48% off – World Racers Desert of Destruction $62.47 (reg.$119.99)

•45% off – Creator Mini Helicopter $3.87 (reg.$6.99)

•43% off – World Racers Snake Canyon $7.47 (reg.$12.99)

•29% off – ALL $10.99 Hero Factory Factory Cans $7.87 (reg.$10.99)

Week 1 Bricktober Promotion

•FREE LEGO Ninja Princess Minifigure w/$35 LEGO Purchase

•FREE LEGO Mini Republic Shuttle w/$35 LEGO Star Wars Purchase

Still looking for information about deals to be offered in the United States, Europe and the rest of the world. I'm hopeful that if the magic number is $35 in Canada, it'll be $30 again in the United States. (The key word there being 'hopeful,' of course.) I'll keep looking!

As for the gluing...

I've read that if you put them in hot (but not really hot) water and let them sit for about five minutes, the glue will loosen. The problem is it that the chemical they use actually adheres the plastic of the legs to the plastic of the magnet, so when they eventually loosen it does indeed create an unsightly texture of imperfection on the back of the fig's legs. As far as I'm concerned, I'll take it, especially if I can get the forestman's torso off the legs too-- I can find more green legs!!

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

As for the gluing...

I've read that if you put them in hot (but not really hot) water and let them sit for about five minutes, the glue will loosen. The problem is it that the chemical they use actually adheres the plastic of the legs to the plastic of the magnet, so when they eventually loosen it does indeed create an unsightly texture of imperfection on the back of the fig's legs. As far as I'm concerned, I'll take it, especially if I can get the forestman's torso off the legs too-- I can find more green legs!!

The torsos are glued to the legs, right? Doesn't this affect the way in which it can connect to other legs? I would think that the glue residues could make it harder to attach other legs.

Still, I just plain prefer buying loose figs on Bricklink. :classic:

The torsos are glued to the legs, right? Doesn't this affect the way in which it can connect to other legs? I would think that the glue residues could make it harder to attach other legs.

I was afraid they'd be glued :(

You should be able to minimize the effects from the glue from the legs to torso connection, fortunately none of these 'figs have any leg printing. I may still try and pick up a couple of these (weeks 2 and 3) but am unlikely to to bother with multiples of either of them as I had originally thought I'd try for..... Conservation of my dollars I guess, not a bad thing.

Yeah they are glued together. Heads, hands, and headgear are not.

At TRU if you spend $20 you get a magnet. All Lego 10% off. Some sets are 30% off. :excited:

Edited by Rolltron

Has anyone experienced shortages of these at their TRU, or is it likely I can get one?

I got two of the ninja. It doesn't look like anyone knows about it where I live. I had to get a manager over to the service desk because the idiots weren't giving them out.

I got two of the ninja. It doesn't look like anyone knows about it where I live. I had to get a manager over to the service desk because the idiots weren't giving them out.

My area doesn't appear to have many AFOLs. Whenever I look for CMs, I usually find a whole box (or more), so hopefully they will have some in my area.