Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#6: WANTED! Donny Dozenhands

"This'll be a hard fight, so I'll start by attacking the Toxic Toad (Yellow) from the front row."

"Thank you kindly, little friend," replied Skrall, bidding the spider farewell as he followed his companions down the right tunnel.

Skrall spotted the beastial assailents as they approached the end of the tunnel. "Time to put this so called huntin' crossbow to good use at long last," the ogre thought to himself as he targetted the Big Rat from the back row.

OOC: Yes I did use a potion right after Nur removed the cave in. Not a big deal to me, only if it causes me to die.

OOC: Yes I did use a potion right after Nur removed the cave in. Not a big deal to me, only if it causes me to die.

QM Note: Fixed it. Please, don't hesitate to call out if you see something faulty in the party statistics. In fact, I'm trusting that you pay attention to your own stats.

Order of Actions:

Skrall

En Sabah Nur

Haldor

Looking to the party's targets and considering his ether level, En Sabah Nur draws his dagger and begins his assault on Toxic Toad (Red) from the front row.

Results of Round One of the Vermin Battle:

>Skrall vs. Big Rat - Shield

En Sabah Nur vs. Toxic Toad (Red) - Shield (Earth)

Haldor vs. Toxic Toad (Yellow) - Damage

Toxic Toad (Green) - Free Hit against Skrall

The battle commences. Skrall uses Tripleshot to cause 7 damage to the Big Rat, the green Toxic Toad and the red Toxic Toad. En Sabah Nur performs a Magic Burst of the earthen element, dealing 6 damage to all enemies, thus eliminating the Big Rat. The yellow Toxic Toad attacks Haldor and reduces 3 health from the cleric, while the green Toxic Toad gets a Free Hit against Skrall, and causes 2 damage to the ogre, because he is standing in the back row.

Three toads still remain, so the battle continues.

Enemies:

Toxic Toad (Green)

Type: Vermin, Aquatic

Level: 3

Health: 1/14

Special:
Poison Tongue
– Causes poisoned-effect to the target, making it lose 1 health each turn until the effect is remedied, the target is defeated or the battle is won.

Drops: 1 Venom

Toxic Toad (Red)

Health: 1/14

Special:
Poison Tongue
– Causes poisoned-effect to the target, making it lose 1 health each turn until the effect is remedied, the target is defeated or the battle is won.

Toxic Toad (Yellow)

Health: 8/14

Special:
Poison Tongue

Party:

ensabahnur2.jpg

En Sabah Nur
(played by Jebediahs)

Level 3 Mage (Party Leader)

Power:

Health:
7/7

Ether:
3/7

Gold:

Inventory:
Sangriste Dagger (WP: 3), Garnet (Earth), 2 Potions, Bedroll

pict0201.jpg

Haldor Skovgaard
(played by Scorpiox)

Level 3 Cleric

Power:

Health:
8/11

Ether:
5/7

Gold:

Inventory:
Gauricheim (Mace, WP: 3), Potion, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Bedroll

skrall_avatar.jpg

Skrall
(played by Waterbrick Down)

Level 3 Ranger

Power:
7 (11 against beasts)

Health:
6/8

Gold:

Inventory:
Hunter's Crossbow (WP: 4/8 against beasts), Boar Bone Longbow (WP: 3), Potion, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

Haldor recoils as he is bitten by the toad, he leaps forward to attack Toxic Toad (Yellow) from the front row, determined to get revenge.

Not wanting to be out-performed by his friend, En Sabah Nur summoned four large stones from another plane and dropped them on top of his enemies. "What do you think about that, ogre?!" He then continued his attack on Toxic Toad (Red) from the first row.

Skrall Chuckled at his friend's skill in battle as he reloaded his crossbow before sighting in the Toxic Toad (Green) from the backrow.

"Aye a good hit, now just take care you don't remove too many of the surroundin' supports with your toad smashin' antics!"

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Results of Round Two of the Vermin Battle:

>Skrall vs. Toxic Toad (Green) - Aim

En Sabah Nur vs. Toxic Toad (Red) - Critical Hit

Haldor vs. Toxic Toad (Yellow) - Shield

As the battle goes on, Skrall aims his arrow carefully at the green toad, causing 4 damage and defeating it. Nur scores a critical hit with his dagger on the red Toxic Toad, taking it down. Haldor receives a Miracle that restores up to 9 health to the whole party.

Only one toad remains, so the battle continues.

Enemies:

Toxic Toad (Yellow)

Special:
Poison Tongue

Party:

ensabahnur2.jpg

En Sabah Nur
(played by Jebediahs)

Power:

Health:
7/7

Ether:
3/7

Gold:

Inventory:

pict0201.jpg

Haldor Skovgaard
(played by Scorpiox)

Level 3 Cleric

Power:

Health:
11/11

Ether:
5/7

Gold:

Inventory:

skrall_avatar.jpg

Skrall

Level 3 Ranger

Power:
7 (11 against beasts)

Health:
8/8

Gold:

Inventory:
Hunter's Crossbow (WP: 4/8 against beasts), Boar Bone Longbow (WP: 3), Potion, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb

Nur turns his attention to the incredibly resilient Toxic Toad (Green) and attacks it from the front row.

QM Note: Sorry, there was a mistake on the last round. Only one enemy remains so the battle will be played out automatically.

Results of Round Three of the Vermin Battle:

>Skrall vs. Toxic Toad (Yellow) - Special Damage

En Sabah Nur vs. Toxic Toad (Yellow) - Damage

Haldor vs. Toxic Toad (Yellow) - Damage

Seeing its vermin friends defeated, the Toxic Toad gets furious and uses its Poison Tongue to poison Skrall. Then it smashes onto both Nur and Haldor, causing 3 damage to both of them. Skrall loses 1 health from the poison.

The enemy still stands, so the battle continues.

Enemies:

Toxic Toad (Yellow)

Special:
Poison Tongue

Party:

ensabahnur2.jpg

En Sabah Nur
(played by Jebediahs)

Power:

Health:
4/7

Ether:
3/7

Gold:

Inventory:

pict0201.jpg

Haldor Skovgaard
(played by Scorpiox)

Level 3 Cleric

Power:

Health:
8/11

Ether:
5/7

Gold:

Inventory:

skrall_avatar.jpg

Skrall

Level 3 Ranger

Power:
7 (11 against beasts)

Health:
7/8
*poisoned*

Gold:

Inventory:

Results of Round Four of the Vermin Battle:

>Skrall vs. Toxic Toad (Yellow) - Special Damage

En Sabah Nur vs. Toxic Toad (Yellow) - Special Damage

Haldor vs. Toxic Toad (Yellow) - Critical Hit

The frog tries to poison Skrall again, but fails for obvious reasons. It however succeeds in poisoning Nur as well, but Haldor finally brings it down with a devastating blow that causes 9 damage. Both Skrall and Nur suffer the loss of 1 health before the poison in their blood vanishes.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

All party members gain a level of experience. The enemies drop four vials of venom.

Party:

ensabahnur2.jpg

En Sabah Nur
(played by Jebediahs)

Level 4 Mage (Party Leader)

Power:

Health:
4/8

Ether:
4/8

Gold:

Inventory:

pict0201.jpg

Haldor Skovgaard
(played by Scorpiox)

Level 4 Cleric

Power:

Health:
9/12

Ether:
6/8

Gold:

Inventory:

skrall_avatar.jpg

Skrall

Level 4 Ranger

Power:
8 (12 against beasts)

Health:
7/9

Gold:

Inventory:

Party Leader, how will the spoils of the battle be divided?

heroica-venom.jpg4 x Venom - Use on a weapon to make it cause a poisoned-effect on any enemy it hits for the duration of one battle. A poisoned enemy loses 1 health each turn.

Once they're rid of the vermin, the party takes a better look around the tunnel. There seems to be nothing behind the cascade of water, so the only thing of interest is the lever.

heroicaquest6-levera.jpg

Will the party pull the lever to see what happens?

Skrall straigtened up, feeling slightly weekened by the poison that had been coursing through his veins.

"I think we should be wary of that lever, our small spider friend warned us about such things and I don't see any reason for him to lie, unless he was tryin' to keep us from his secret stockpile of gold and jewels :laugh: . If my memory serves me correctly from my elder sister Skraula, who's takin' civil engineerin' night classes, that may very well be a release valve that with one pull will drown us all under a flood of overflow. I would suggest we make for the other tunnel, but I'm willin' to go with what ever you decide Nur. If things take a turn for the worse, I can try wedgin' myself against the sides of the walls and you two can hold on to me should we encounter a deluge."

LOOT:

1 Venom - Haldor

2 Venom - Skrall

1 Venom - En Sabah Nur

"I'm at a loss. We barely escaped from that cave-in. If that much water were to come out, I would be unable to form a sufficient rock barrier to provide us enough time to run. Water is especially corrosive to my Earth spells. I'm willing to explore the other pathway then return here to try our luck. Perhaps we could retrieve more information from Skrall's spider pal. What do you think, Haldor? Either way, I'd appreciate a heal first."

"Thank you kindly, these could come in handy," mentioned Skrall as he stowed away the vials of venom Nur had given him.

"I agree, we're best to return to the cross-tunnel and proceed forward, from my conversation with our little friend, all he could tell us, was to be wary of the levers and that there was some connection between the levers and other adventurers' dooms, I doubt if the spider will even still be there. But let's be goin' the longer I sit still the more this place starts to wear on my nerves and the thought of drownin' in a flood of sewage ain't helpin' either."

"How are you holdin' up Haldor, more action than you bargined fer?"

The party decides to leave the lever alone for the time being, and check out the remaining tunnel that goes straight from the intersection.

heroicaquest6-leverb.jpg

The tunnel goes on for a while, and then suddenly ends in a closed sluicegate. There is another lever in front of it.

What will the party do?

Skrall's claustophobia was setting in again and the dead ends were definately not helping. He tried to analyze the problem that was before the party but was definately having difficulty keeping focus while the walls seemed to be closing in.

"Sod! Where's yer siblin's when ya need 'em? So two levers. I say we flip this one as the other is likely to cut off the flow of water and create a back up pressure against this gate which would flood us out if we then attempted to open it. Any other thoughts? Perhaps I could try musclin' it open." Skrall strode over to the sluicegate and attempted to physically force it open.

Skrall strode over to the sluicegate and attempted to physically force it open.

Despite his best effort, the sluicegate does not open. It is locked by some sort of mechanism. As Skrall works on the sluicegate, he spots a dark shape lying on the other side of the grate.

Nur sighed heavily at the sight of another lever. Damn. Skrall's struggle with the lever came to a stop as the device is locked. The ogre squinted and peered through the gate. "You see something, Skrall?" The dark mage walked to the gate to get a look for himself.

Huffing and puffing from his exertion, Skrall took a step back from the sluicegate, "Well, chaps it seems like that there lever and fate be our only options. I hope that pile back there ain't the remains of some poor chap that got stuck down 'ere"

Nur sighed heavily at the sight of another lever. Damn. Skrall's struggle with the lever came to a stop as the device is locked. The ogre squinted and peered through the gate. "You see something, Skrall?" The dark mage walked to the gate to get a look for himself.

Nur saw it wrong, for Skrall was trying to pull the sluicegate, not the lever. Peering through the grate, Nur sees only what Skrall did, a black shape sprawled on the ground on the other side of the sluicegate.

Does the party wish to pull the lever?

OoC: Oops lol

The smell finally began to take its toll. Nur's eyes watered and blurred while his nose burned as the stench of the sewer assaulted his senses. As he backed away from the gate, En Sabah Nur lost his footing. Reaching out for a hand hold, Nur found only the lever and pulled it as he descended to the ground. Oops.

Upon pulling the lever, the party heard a distant clank. Nothing happened to the sluicegate in front of them, though.