XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Ah, the commando droid.....I might have an answer for you - look carefully at these two images.

(snip)

The super battle droid is a more beefier war machine, but the commando is fast and agile.....they do share common features and remember it's Lego....they are just going to stick with two kinds of legs.....and the commando ones are a slimmer design of the SBD hence they'll use the SBD legs over the plain old BD legs. :blush:

Just my two cents worth. :wink:

Interesting point 'lightningtiger', the poses are even the same :grin:

It's probably off topic a bit but Commando Droids are the same size as a clone trooper/B1 Battledroid, but smaller than a B2 SBD TLG should have used B1 legs, but they didn't.

First of all, even though Gree was camoflaged in Ep.III, Gree looks like the minifig does in TCW. Here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CC-1004

Second, the issue with the commando droids is not their pose, it is that they use SBD legs instead of BD legs. :sceptic:

The UCS is a B-Wing, this has been confirmed.

Meh on the B-wing. why not UCS RGS?

Anyway the SBD legs can easily be swapped out for the Black IG-88 BD legs. Tadaa!!!

Anyway the SBD legs can easily be swapped out for the Black IG-88 BD legs. Tadaa!!!

Most any set can be fixed with other pieces, whether that requires a mod or a rebuild from the ground up. We just would like to see TLG get it right so we don't have to.

UCS RGS would be awesome, as it is my second favorite SW ship.(ARC-170 being my favorite.) But I wanted a whole squad of 8 CDs, but I only have 1 black BD legs. :cry_sad:

But I wanted a whole squad of 8 CDs, but I only have 1 black BD legs. :cry_sad:

Get one of the Assassin Droids BP's they're still cheap and you get 2 legs per pack.

It's probably off topic a bit but Commando Droids are the same size as a clone trooper/B1 Battledroid, but smaller than a B2 SBD TLG should have used B1 legs, but they didn't.

Sorry, for drifting off topic too, but there is only a 2cm difference in height between a B1 and B2 battle droids. :wink:

True.....if you don't like the legs.....swap them if you got them ! :wink:

Unless TLG makes them in a different color. But even if they did sand red there is still droid legs in sand red as well :wink:

Not that this is very important, and I don't know if anyone else noticed this already, but the arf trooper from the new battle pack appears to have the torso of the swamp speeder clone. Just pointing that out.

This has been discussed a thousand times. OT sets sell better than PT/CW sets in the UCS line. They are more valuable to collectors who's demographic appreciates the OT much more than the new stuff.

I've been thinking several times to how to build a UCS RGS.

My conclusion : it would not be very different from 7676.

The UCS RGS we can find on the Internet have the same problem. They are basically a bit bigger than 7676, but they do not have more detail.

So, I think that RGS is not viable to be correctly UCS-ised (correctly = regarding the way TLG design its models)

Edited by Anio

I think the primary reason is that the RGS is a very smooth vehicle. In my opinion, just because of the fact that it's made of LEGO bricks, UCS is at its best when used to recreate angular, greebled vehicles.

This has been discussed a thousand times. OT sets sell better than PT/CW sets in the UCS line. They are more valuable to collectors who's demographic appreciates the OT much more than the new stuff.

And your stance has already been rebutted.

And before somebody brings up what they think UCS is, The LEGO Group has already spoken on the matter.

I don't know if this has been shown yet but is this 9499 with Queen Amidala? It looks like AAT vs. Flash Speeder with Queen Amidala, Panaka, Naboo Guard and Battle Droids.

I don't know if this has been shown yet but is this 9499 with Queen Amidala? It looks like AAT vs. Flash Speeder with Queen Amidala, Panaka, Naboo Guard and Battle Droids.

FAKE! No seriously, this has been posted many times, and has been confirmed fake :wink:

FAKE! No seriously, this has been posted many times, and has been confirmed fake :wink:

Ok, I figured it was. I just wanted to confirm it since it was of course on the LSW 2012 Flickr page. Thank you.

And your stance has already been rebutted.

And before somebody brings up what they think UCS is, The LEGO Group has already spoken on the matter.

And it sold horribly, mostly because of its high price, but if it were an A-wing I guarantee it would have done better. I never said TLG doesn't take some shots with the PT, but each time they do is doesn't go well, just like when they try an EU set at System scale.

If there's a good PT ship and and a good OT ship, TLG should and likely will choose the OT ship as it will likely make them more money. Now, they are running low on OT ships for the UCS line so it could be interesting if in the future they choose something like the Cloud Car over a popular PT/CW ship.

Can anyone estimate based on previous experience when we may expect pictures of the final versions of the sets?

Can anyone estimate based on previous experience when we may expect pictures of the final versions of the sets?

When they hit stores and they give out catalogues. But I would say there isnĀ“t that much they are going to change from the polish pics to the release. The figures from the blue box at least look final and the models look rather complete except for some weirdly colored parts here and there, which will probably end up colored appropriately.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

But I would say there isnĀ“t that much they are going to change from the polish pics to the release. The figures from the blue box at least look final and the models look rather complete except for some weirdly colored parts here and there, which will probably end up colored appropriately.

Thanks, that's what I thought.