Masked Builder

[MOC] AT-RT V5

gallery_101_23_281.gif

I've had this version of my AT-RT sitting around for so long it's not funny anymore! The only real change here was the change in the armor on the front, as I'm still very happy with the rest of it. I also thought that you guys should see it with the new ARF trooper fig. Onto the MOC!

6191991508_4f5bc2e30e.jpg830px-Cazne_ruins.jpg

Here's a comparison picture with the reference image I used to build this.

6191991568_a9b84e6967_o.jpg

Front view.

6191991590_cd229820d3.jpg

Side view.

6191991602_81293f28f9_o.jpg

I'm still very happy with the seat section.

6191473001_4b53b9560c_o.jpg

Here's the new front end. I think it flows much better now.

6191473027_7ee9f05eb0_o.jpg

It's the right size for a minifigure.

6191473071_0afd10ee69_o.jpg

And here we've got a nice picture comparing LEGO's AT-RT to mine.

I'm very open to your thoughts on how I could improve this!

Flickr set

Built July 2011

Fun Facts:

• I also wanted to make my 3000th post here because, even if I post in other sub-forums, I'll always be a Star Wars fan.
  • It was almost a year ago that I made 1000 posts so by me reasoning, it takes me about a year to make 2000 posts.

Just smegging AWESOME 'Masked Builder', yours looks closer to the CW one than the Lego factory designed AT-RT. :wink:

The feet/legs on the walker are also closer to a CW walker.....great work 'MB' and Brick On ! :grin:

I like this. :thumbup: Simple but pretty accurate. If I would have to give some constructive criticism, I would say that the legs should be a little longer OR or the body somewhat smaller. That would fit the dimensions better I think.

Oh, and congratulations on your 3000th post. :classic:

This really looks like the "real" thing, 'Masked Builder'. It looks a little short, though. Also, the legs have 3 joints, not 2 like you did, so maybe make the legs a little longer? :sceptic:

Edited by darthnihilius

Nice work, Masked. I do think the front is too wide and the legs too short, but I know that's the CW style of AT-RT as opposed to the Sith style that I prefer, so I won't complain.

Thanks everyone!

Also, the legs have 3 joints, not 2 like you did, so maybe make the legs a little longer? :sceptic:

Hm... I'll look into that. :sweet:

Nice work, Masked. I do think the front is too wide and the legs too short, but I know that's the CW style of AT-RT as opposed to the Sith style that I prefer, so I won't complain.

Thanks Doc. I think I've caught up to you in Versions now. :tongue:

Fantastic! Masked Builder. It really looks the right scale to a fig, and is nicely designed, and looks quit sturdy. I know they are accurate but I really don't like the use of droid torsos for legs (I prefer exoforce arms) but still your solution is accurate. Great job and congrats on 3000 posts :sweet:.

Instrustions pwease? :wub: Drop dead awesome my friend! The only thing that could make it better is to cover the sides an make it a bit taller, like the official one. Though I know the pic shows it as uncovered, I'd like to see you somehow cover it up, mke it not look like an Ostrich. :tongue: Great work! And congrats on 3000.

I agree it does look much smoother. It also covers up the side better, which is good, I guess :thumbup::tongue:

Thanks everyone!

Instrustions pwease? :wub: Drop dead awesome my friend! The only thing that could make it better is to cover the sides an make it a bit taller, like the official one. Though I know the pic shows it as uncovered, I'd like to see you somehow cover it up, make it not look like an Ostrich. :tongue: Great work! And congrats on 3000.

I shall see. It's pretty simple though. I'll see what I can do too it. :sweet:

Simple builds are often the hardest... selecting that just perfect part is a real challenge. With that said, I agree with some of the earlier comments, I think the legs are too short. As was mentioned, the problem really is that it is "missing" a joint. I can't really picture your version "walking" like I can a version with that extra joint. I do like the "body" section though, it really capture the essence of the vehicle.

It's so cute! :wub::tongue:

I'm only starting to watch the Clone Wars, season 2 at the moment, and you did a great job of recreating the vehicle into LEGO! :sweet:

Thanks everyone!

It's so cute! :wub::tongue:

I'm only starting to watch the Clone Wars, season 2 at the moment, and you did a great job of recreating the vehicle into LEGO! :sweet:

Yeah the Ryloth episodes really made me want to work on this. :tongue:

Looking great, i love the way you did the feet.

Thanks!

Just smegging AWESOME 'Masked Builder', yours looks closer to the CW one than the Lego factory designed AT-RT. :wink:

The feet/legs on the walker are also closer to a CW walker.....great work 'MB' and Brick On ! :grin:

haha I laughed when you said "smegging" yes it is awesome!!!

Dude that's one of the best mods that I've ever seen. It is both accurate and very nice looking in lego . The size is ideal in my opinion , and has some interesting techniques judging by its size ! All in all it's a huge win !!!!!

haha I laughed when you said "smegging" yes it is awesome!!!

Yeah I did too. :tongue:

Dude that's one of the best mods that I've ever seen. It is both accurate and very nice looking in lego . The size is ideal in my opinion , and has some interesting techniques judging by its size ! All in all it's a huge win !!!!!

Well it's not a Mod but thanks anyways!

Very nice. The top part looks great, but your legs seem too short, or maybe even missing a segment.

Great job :thumbup:

Thanks guys!

The top part looks great, but your legs seem too short, or maybe even missing a segment.

I'm getting there. :wink: