Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#6: WANTED! Donny Dozenhands

Haldor jumps back as the thug lunges at him, he manages to grasp Haldor's bag and tears two coins from it. He swings around to attack Wolfgang Thug (Dagger) from the front row.

The crossbow may have had him on the quick draw, but when it came to reload speed, Skrall knew he had the upper hand. He shouted to his companions as the battle drew on, "you both finish off that dagger wielding chap, I'll deal with the crossbow." With that Skrall again targetted the Wolfgang Sniper from the back row noticing that the other archer was quickly readying another bolt.

Nur finished his opponent then turned and nodded at Skrall's words. The dark mage sprinted as he attacked Wolfgang Thug (Dagger) from the front row.

Results of Round Three of the Sewer Battle:

>Skrall vs. Wolfgang Sniper - Hit

En Sabah Nur vs. Wolfgang Thug (Dagger) - Hit

Haldor vs. Wolfgang Thug (Dagger) - Miss

As the battle continues, Skrall's arrow flies true and hits the Wolfgang Sniper for 5 damage. Nur likewise scores a hit on the remaining thug for 5 damage. Haldor's attack misses.

Two enemies still remain. The battle continues.

Enemies:

Wolfgang Thug (Dagger)

Type: Humanoid

Level: 3

Health: 2/12

Special:
Steal
– The target loses gold according to their level.

Drops: 12 gold, 1 Potion

Wolfgang Sniper

Level: 4

Health: 7/15

Special:
Explosive Bolt
– Causes 2 damage to all opponents regardless of their row.

Drops: Hunter’s Crossbow (WP: 4/8 against beasts)

Party:

ensabahnur2.jpg

En Sabah Nur
(played by Jebediahs)

Level 2 Mage (Party Leader)

Power:

Health:
6/6

Ether:
3/6

Gold:

Inventory:
Sangriste Dagger (WP: 3), Garnet (Earth), 2 Potions, Bedroll

pict0201.jpg

Haldor Skovgaard
(played by Scorpiox)

Level 2 Cleric

Power:

Health:
10/10

Ether:
6/6

Gold:

Inventory:
Gauricheim (Mace, WP: 3), Potion, Remedy, Bedroll

skrall_avatar.jpg

Skrall
(played by Waterbrick Down)

Level 2 Ranger

Power:

Health:
5/7

Gold:

Inventory:
Boar Bone Longbow (WP: 3), 2 Potions, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

Despite witnessing his comrade's fall, the dagger wielding thug was still surprised by Nur's quickness and skill with a blade. After scoring a hit, En Sabah Nur continued his attack against Wolfgang Thug (Dagger) from the front row.

Skrall's arrow had finally hit true, he quickly drew another arrow drawing a bead on the Wolfgang Sniper from the back row taking care not to strike Haldor from behind.

Results of Round Four of the Sewer Battle:

>Skrall vs. Wolfgang Sniper - Damage

En Sabah Nur vs. Wolfgang Thug (Dagger) - Miss

Haldor vs. Wolfgang Sniper - Hit

In the heat of the battle, the sniper managed to get another arrow into Skrall's skin, reducing another 2 health from the ogre. Nur misses his strike, but Haldor connects with his mace and deals a blow on the female sniper, causing 5 damage.

Two enemies still remain. The battle drags on.

Enemies:

Wolfgang Thug (Dagger)

Level: 3

Health: 2/12

Special:
Steal
– The target loses gold according to their level.

Drops: 12 gold, 1 Potion

Wolfgang Sniper

Health: 2/15

Special:
Explosive Bolt

Party:

ensabahnur2.jpg

En Sabah Nur
(played by Jebediahs)

Power:

Health:
6/6

Ether:
3/6

Gold:

Inventory:

pict0201.jpg

Haldor Skovgaard
(played by Scorpiox)

Level 2 Cleric

Power:

Health:
10/10

Ether:
6/6

Gold:

Inventory:

skrall_avatar.jpg

Skrall

Level 2 Ranger

Power:

Health:
3/7

Gold:

Inventory:

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

Another bolt slammed into Skrall, this time into his shoulder, he grunted heavily as his wounds began to bleed more profusely. "Drat that wench!" he thought to himself. "I can barely use my bow in here let alone draw it to full power." He was beginning to see the advantage of such a small weapon in the confined space, he once again targetted the Wolfgang Sniper from the back row, in hopes that it would be the last time. As he did so, he called over to Haldor, "Haldor since only these two rapscallions remain, I could use some healin' if ya have the chance, in case this fight lasts longer than I hope."

Quickly learning from his mistake in underestimating the mage, the thug managed to evade Sangriste's sting. Nur pressed on against the Wolfgang Thug (Dagger) from the front row.

Haldor is exillarated as his throbbing mace whacks the sniper squarely on the jaw, Haldor jumps back before she can retaliate and attempts to heal Skrall.

Results of Round Five of the Sewer Battle:

>Skrall vs. Wolfgang Sniper - Special Damage

En Sabah Nur vs. Wolfgang Thug (Dagger) - Critical Hit

Haldor heals Skrall - Heal More

As the battle goes on, the female sniper launches an explosive bolt, causing 2 damage to all party members. The infuriated En Sabah Nur attacks the remaining Wolfgang Thug and takes him down with a forceful stab. Haldor restores full health to Skrall at the cost of an ether.

One enemy left. The battle still continues.

Enemies:

Wolfgang Sniper

Health: 2/15

Special:
Explosive Bolt

Party:

ensabahnur2.jpg

En Sabah Nur
(played by Jebediahs)

Power:

Health:
4/6

Ether:
3/6

Gold:

Inventory:

pict0201.jpg

Haldor Skovgaard
(played by Scorpiox)

Level 2 Cleric

Power:

Health:
8/10

Ether:
5/6

Gold:

Inventory:

skrall_avatar.jpg

Skrall

Level 2 Ranger

Power:

Health:
7/7

Gold:

Inventory:

Note, since there is only one weak enemy left, the rest of the battle will be played out automatically.

Results of Round Six of the Sewer Battle:

>Skrall vs. Wolfgang Sniper - Special Damage

En Sabah Nur vs. Wolfgang Sniper - Shield

Haldor vs. Wolfgang Sniper - Miss

The battle reaches it's climax as the sniper launches another explosive bolt that deals a round of 2 damage to each of her opponents. Nur's powers awaken within him, and in a burst of magic a concentrated earthquake breaks the ground and knocks the sniper out.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

All party members gain a level of experience. The enemies drop 22 gold, 2 potions and a Hunter's Crossbow.

Party:

ensabahnur2.jpg

En Sabah Nur
(played by Jebediahs)

Level 3 Mage (Party Leader)

Power:

Health:
3/7

Ether:
4/7

Gold:

Inventory:

pict0201.jpg

Haldor Skovgaard
(played by Scorpiox)

Level 3 Cleric

Power:

Health:
7/11

Ether:
6/7

Gold:

Inventory:

skrall_avatar.jpg

Skrall

Level 3 Ranger

Power:

Health:
6/8

Gold:

Inventory:

Party Leader, how will the spoils of the battle be divided?

heroica-sixcoins.jpg22 gold

heroica-potion.jpg2 x Potion (Restores 10 health to the target)

heroica-crossbow.jpg1 x Hunter's Crossbow (WP:4/8 against beasts, suitable for rangers.)

After having defeated the thugs, the party hears the distant splashing footsteps echoing from somewhere ahead. There is a big sluicegate in front of them, which is luckily open.

Will the party continue onwards or turn back to the intersection?

"We are victorious! :sweet: How shall the spoils be divided? But it would be senseless to give the crossbow to anyone but Skrall."

<OOC> Does my ether recharge to max after battle Sandy? </OOC>

Skrall mopped his sweat laden brow as he shouldered his long bow.

"Well fought, boys. I'd suggest you each take one of the potions and I'll procure that annoying crossbow." The ogre grunted as he removed a piece of shrapnel from his calf, "I'm indebted to yer healin' Master Haldor. I would 'ave been a dead one after that last bolt if it weren't fer ya."

"Nur, I suggest we take off after that splashin', I have a feelin' we're pretty hot on ol' Donny's trail given the resistance we've met. Do ya think we should heal up before chargin' in after him?"

OOC: Scorpiox, we only regain full health or ether after we return from a quest, otherwise we have to use items.

LOOT:

12 gold + Potion - Haldor

Hunter's Crossbow - Skrall

10 gold + Potion - En Sabah Nur

The concussive force of the sniper's bolt triggered a subconscious rage within Nur causing the dark mage to unleash a powerful spell. He checked the unconscious sniper. "She's still alive." En Sabah Nur looked to his weary companions as he heard the footsteps ahead. "No time to bind her. Haldor heal your targets if you wish but be mindful to conserve your ether. This last skirmish was quite troublesome and we've yet to encounter Dozenhands. Don't worry about me, I will consume a Potion."

The party continues onwards once Haldor decides to heal or not.

"Thanks, and I don't think Skrall and I need healing, we're doing alright for health at the moment."

Haldor looks around for any other tunnels marks Nur's choice of direction on his map.

Edited by Scorpiox

Party:

ensabahnur2.jpg

En Sabah Nur
(played by Jebediahs)

Power:

Health:
7/7

Ether:
4/7

Gold:

Inventory:

pict0201.jpg

Haldor Skovgaard
(played by Scorpiox)

Level 3 Cleric

Power:

Health:
7/11

Ether:
6/7

Gold:

Inventory:
Gauricheim (Mace, WP: 3), 2 Potions, Remedy, Bedroll

skrall_avatar.jpg

Skrall

Level 3 Ranger

Power:
7 (11 against beasts)

Health:
6/8

Gold:

Inventory:
Hunter's Crossbow (WP: 4/8 against beasts), Boar Bone Longbow (WP: 3), 2 Potions, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb

The party decides to continue through the open sluicegate. Soon the tunnel divides again, this time to the left and right. The footsteps on the muck can still be heard, but the echo makes it indecipherable as to which direction they come from.

So, which way will the party turn, LEFT or RIGHT? Or do they wish to TURN BACK?

Haldor reminds Nur that he is making a map of their route and also the other possible routes, and that he can show it to Nur whenever he wants.

Skrall took up the crossbow and the satchel of bolts the sniper had carried with her. Even though the weapon was dwarfed by his hands, Skrall smiled he could easily reload his weapon with one hand if necessary giving him an edge in any upcoming battles.

"Lead on friend Nur, the sooner we get out of this dank hole the better." The battle had taken Skrall's mind off of his claustrophobia momentarily but is was quickly and silently returning paining him almost as much as the wolfgang's explosive shrapenel.

The party makes a turn to the left. Ahead of them, they see a faint glow. But in the darkness of the sewers they fail to see the tripwire that has been triggered on their path. As the wire snaps, the heavy bricks on the ceiling fall down upon them, taking away half of everybody's health.

The injured party crawls from under the rubble to find themselves trapped between a dead end in the tunnel with only a narrow pipe leading on and the pile of bricks that came down on them. Donny Dozenhands lies somewhere behind that rubble.

The source of the glow becomes apparent to the party, as they find a vial of Phoenix Essence lying on the ground below the pipe.

Party Leader, who shall receive the found item?

heroica-phoenixessence.jpg1 x Phoenix Essence - Revives a fallen ally with full health during a battle.

What will the party do now?

Party:

ensabahnur2.jpg

En Sabah Nur
(played by Jebediahs)

Power:

Health:
3/7

Ether:
4/7

Gold:

Inventory:

pict0201.jpg

Haldor Skovgaard
(played by Scorpiox)

Level 3 Cleric

Power:

Health:
3/11

Ether:
6/7

Gold:

Inventory:
Gauricheim (Mace, WP: 3), 2 Potions, Remedy, Bedroll

skrall_avatar.jpg

Skrall

Level 3 Ranger

Power:
7 (11 against beasts)

Health:
3/8

Gold:

Inventory:
Hunter's Crossbow (WP: 4/8 against beasts), Boar Bone Longbow (WP: 3), 2 Potions, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb

Haldor grunts as he crawls from under the rubble, he drinks one of his potions and attempts to shift the rock.

Haldor grunts as he crawls from under the rubble, he drinks one of his potions and attempts to shift the rock.

Simply moving the bricks one by one is not fast enough. Donny will get away unless the party comes up with a quick solution.

"Skrall, you could try blasting it with an explosive bolt, or maybe Nur could use a spell."

The tunnel had caved in, Skrall had taken a nasty blow to the head and was nursing his wounds, trying not to think about how the party was even more confined now than before. He noticed a small bottle on the floor, as Nur picked up the vial Skrall recognized its faint glow as belonging to a Pheonix Essence.

"Aye, a nasty knock on the head is quite a price for such a fancy trinket. Nur I would suggest you give that to the cleric, since the both of us are liable to be in need of it before him. Speakin' of needin' healin' I've thought it out this way: if we were to have Haldor here, work his power on us all, we'd be back to full strength at the cost of 3 ether to him. If we all took a potion, we'd all be one potion short but Haldor would be saved 3 ether. Since in battle usin' a potion is a garunteed full recovery as compared to a cleric's miss or less heal, I'd suggest we save our potions for when we run in to more suitable foes. What do ya both think? In the meantime, Nur, do ya think ya could cast some of yer earthen magic to clear this cave in? I'd do so myself, 'xcept there's not enough room fer me to manouver in here."