Sign in to follow this  
Modulex Guy

Initial D ae86 Trueno!

indexed.gif V-LV-33F

This is a LEGO Toyota ae86 Trueno from the popular anime series InitialD

The car is built as a five wide and features tons of unusual building techniques to achieve the correct shape while keeping it 5 wide and minifigure scale!

Only thing I cheated on with this MOC is just a tiny piece of double stick tape to hold the headlights on. :( There was no other way to really attach the flip up lights without making it look odd.

Enjoy the pics:

6186708468_b05341a7bd_z.jpg

6186185615_6da50be3bc_z.jpg

And of course I have to have the Fujiwara Tofu shop!

6186187329_18c5096b1c_z.jpg

6186711230_5db7390602_z.jpg

More pictures can be found in my photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/51480565@N03/

Comments welcome!

Very nice, I like it a lot 'Polish Guy' ! :grin:

Lots of tile and plate action there plus so much cool SNOT work too ! :grin:

Brick On Drive On 'Polish Guy' ! :grin:

As a fan of the Hachi Roku and initial d, I like it, my only complaint is the hood or bonnet is way too short, you have that hatchback for being longer than the hood/bonnet.

Otherwise kudos on a nice build.

Another great moc from the 'camber guy' LOL :thumbup: :thumbup: all your mocs have that distinctive minus wheel camber,I like it a lot. The hood is too short I agree, but overall it's unmistakably AE86.

Anyway since most of your car mocs are based on Japanese anime and car cultures, I would love to see you make more of them in bricks:

- Nissan Skyline KPGC10 - 'Hako Suka'

pics-med-2116-317333-1972-nissan-skyline-kpgc-10-2000gt-r.jpg

- Nissan Skyline KPGC110 - 'Ken Meri'

Nissan%20Skyline%20KPGC110%20GT-R.jpg

And since camber is your specialty...make one 'bippu' style cars (VIP style) such as this with extreme minus cambers,

vip10.jpg

That's a pretty amazing amount of detail for something this small. I think that is generally pretty hard to build a car that is small enough not to completely dwarf a figure next to it and make it look like a particular model. You did a very good job with the Porsche you posted a while ago and with this one too. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Ralph

Absolutely love this, PolishGuy! Unmistakable as a Sprinter Trueno, my only complaint is is the horrible trans-light blue windscreen (my pet peeve). Trans-black would probably look more fitting, and let you standardise the colour across the whole car.

Absolutely love this, PolishGuy! Unmistakable as a Sprinter Trueno, my only complaint is is the horrible trans-light blue windscreen (my pet peeve). Trans-black would probably look more fitting, and let you standardise the colour across the whole car.

I know, I do not like it either, but I ran out of trans-black, so blue it is for the time being.

And to those who say the hood is too short, it is not really THAT short, the 1:1 car also has a fairly short hood when looking at it from a side view, also I tried making it 4 studs long and it looked way more out of proportion that the 3 studs... to be perfect it would have to be 3 & 1/2 studs long (which I have not figured out yet)

And for "Out of Sight" i will definitely be building more JDM cars, I'm going VIP next. :devil: