Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG - Quest #8 Sacred Sands

"Where can we shop? I see no bazaar nearby." Amorith says to his companions.

:facepalm: "I'm just asking when you get in the town if you want to shop."

Mmmm, warm weather, sunshine, shopping and hopefully an opportunity to maim and mutilate bad people in the near future! :cry_happy:

This is more than a girl could hope for! :cry_happy:

Yes dear guide, I'd always love to go shopping! :grin:

I am sorry to have misunderstood you, I too would like to go to the market. I feel that I should stock up on potions and tonics before our desert quest.

"Why not?" says Boomingham. He takes off his helmet and mops his wispy gray hair with a tissue. He is sweating heavily. "I love to see new places." He turns to Nyx. "I'm glad you're enjoying the weather, Mme. Mage, but I am not doing as well. All this extra weight makes the me feel the heat of Ennoc ten times more than you." He pats his tummy a few times. "I could lose a few pounds. Crazy that we haven't thought up a spell for that yet."

The adventurers decide to go shopping NOW.

The party walks through the town. A group of men are huddled around, looking at the ground. Yelling and cheers start. A closer examination shows that a tortoise crossed a line in the sand, before four others. Money could be seen exchanging hands. They continue.

"Hello, welcome to our stables." says a woman.

img_0911.jpg

Though they venture too close to the Town Hall, and another grumpy guard shakes his head. The adventurers go a different direction. They bypass a blacksmith and a residential section into a large square- the town bazaar.

"Time to shop till we drop!" exclaims Nyx.

"Umm.." Boomingham replies, "I think we'll drop BEFORE we shop, look."

Though they don't see what Boomigham saw.

"Greetings, heroes, please get what you need, I'll check you out." says a market worker,

img_0909.jpg

"What's wrong Boomingham?" asks Amorith.

Realization hits them- the prices are jacked up.

Adventurers- PREPARE FOR HAGGLE! Try and lower the price, and some items you can trade without using money. It's probably a good idea to get the priority items in red. :wink:

Potion – Restores 10 health to the target. Costs 15 gold.

Tonic – Restores 5 ether to the target. Costs 45 gold.

Grand Potion – Restores 25 health to the target. Costs 30 gold.

Grand Tonic – Restores 15 ether to the target. Costs 90 gold. (or trade)

Elixir – Restores 50 health and 10 ether to the target and removes all negative effects from the target during a battle. Costs 120 gold.

Remedy – Removes all negative effects from the target during a battle. Costs 30 gold.

Phoenix Essence – Revives a fallen ally with full health during a battle. Costs 150 gold. (or trade)

Venom – Use on a weapon to make it cause a poisoned-effect on any enemy it hits for the duration of one battle. A poisoned enemy loses 1 health each turn. Costs 15 gold.

Shovel 31 gold *priority*

Map 25 gold *priority*

Water Canteens 28 gold *priority*

NOTE: When you start searching in the desert, you will need water everyday! If the party leader forgets to distribute water, knights, rangers, and rogues lose 2 health, and mages and clerics lose 1 health and 1 ether from dehydration. On a map, each X represents half a day of travel, so remember to not waste water and drink only every other X. Each canteen heals 1 hit point or 1 ether- your choice. If you run out of water, you'll have to travel all the back to town. :sceptic:

ava-sylph.jpg

Sylph Solanum: Level 7 Cleric (played by dannylonlegs) Party Leader

unknown age, unknown race

Power: 10 Health: 15/15 Ether: 11/11 Gold: 59 Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP: 6), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Water Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Bone

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Lord Lawrence Boomingham, Level 8 Knight (played by Zepher)

44 years old Male Human

Power: 15 Health: 17/17 Gold: 39

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 7), Shaduex Shield (SP: 4), Shield (SP: 2), 2 Potions, Venom, Bedroll, Bone

6021867482_37ed63cbf4_s.jpg

Nyx, Level 11 Mage, 19 years old Female Human (played by Pandora)

Power: 15 Health: 15/15 Ether: 15/15 Gold: 48

Inventory: Dawnstar II (WP: 4), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Sapphire (Wind), Sandman's Parasol, 2 Potions, Remedy, 2 Tonics, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, 2 Bones

6135777714_4dee4d5480_t.jpg

Amorith Marvelo Level 2 mage 324 year old male elf (played by legobodgers)

Power: 6 Health: 6/6 Ether: 5/6 Gold: 19

Inventory: Fang Dagger (WP: 4), Potion, opal elemental gem, Bedroll, Tonic. Plus a 10 gold debt to Ranger Docken. Thats for Sandy's Heroica RPG

dwarfclericsm.jpg

Barur Tormek, Level 2 Cleric (played by Aveal the Black Sheep)

260 years old Male Dwarf Power: 5 Health:10/10 Ether:6/6 Gold: 29

Inventory: Rune Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Remedy, Venom

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

"Hey," says Boomingham all of a sudden. "I'm feeling really powerful. If I had to put my power form into a number, I'd say 15! Not some measly 11! I don't need exercise, thank you very much you little whelp." Boomingham bursts out laughing.

"Oh, and hello to the town. Let me check you out!" Boomingham replies to the market worker. "I'd like to buy a canteen. I'd like to use my natural knightish charm to see if you wouldn't mind selling it to me a fair price of five gold!"

"Oh, and hello to the town. Let me check you out!" Boomingham replies to the market worker. "I'd like to buy a canteen. I'd like to use my natural knightish charm to see if you wouldn't mind selling it to me a fair price of five gold!"

FYI: 1 canteen is only good for 1 day....

And the negotiations begin!

"Excuse me disgusting pig? 5 gold? 5? Around 80 percent off? No way, I'll lower it to 24."

EDIT: You can also trade items for priority items.

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

"Only good for one day? You're practically killing us right here and now!" Boomingham says to the lady. "Villains and rogues."

"Hey!" :angry: protests some passing rogue.

"Tell you what lady. I'll give you... fifteen gold and a bone for three canteens. And tell you what, just since I like you and your pretty face, I'll throw in this shiny ol' shield (WP: 2), and expect the map in return." Boomingham continues to haggle, reminding the woman he is a knight and has a special knack for this... hopefully.

"Only good for one day? You're practically killing us right here and now!" Boomingham says to the lady. "Villains and rogues."

"Hey!" :angry: protests some passing rogue.

"Tell you what lady. I'll give you... fifteen gold and a bone for three canteens. And tell you what, just since I like you and your pretty face, I'll throw in this shiny ol' shield (WP: 2), and expect the map in return." Boomingham continues to haggle, reminding the woman he is a knight and has a special knack for this... hopefully.

How about 15 gold and a bone for three canteens? If so it's a deal. Maps will be discussed later I should say, a shield will hardly do anything for me.

"Alright. And you could always resell that shield! With your crazy hiked up prices you could probably get a ridiculous amount for it!" :laugh:

Boomingham gives the lady fifteen gold and his bone for three canteens.

"Can I ask you a question? Free of charge hopefully. How many days do you think we'll most likely be out in the desert?"

"Alright. And you could always resell that shield! With your crazy hiked up prices you could probably get a ridiculous amount for it!" :laugh:

Boomingham gives the lady fifteen gold and his bone for three canteens.

"Can I ask you a question? Free of charge hopefully. How many days do you think we'll most likely be out in the desert?"

It's a deal, you may edit your signature.

"How many sunsets? Um... I don't know, you'll have to get this information from your employer. I am just a stall owner."

"Excuse me mam," said Sylph approaching the Market Worker. "The price on these Canteens of water is far too high for me. I believe a more reasonable price would be 14 gold per, and at that price, I'd buy 3 for 42 gold."

"Excuse me mam," said Sylph approaching the Market Worker. "The price on these Canteens of water is far too high for me. I believe a more reasonable price would be 14 gold per, and at that price, I'd buy 3 for 42 gold."

You're low 2 gold... How about 35 gold and a water bomb for 3 canteens? (Your signature says 40 gold)

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

He turns to Nyx. "I'm glad you're enjoying the weather, Mme. Mage, but I am not doing as well.

Hey, Boomers! It's Mlle. Mage, thankyouverymuch! :tongue:

Given that Sylph already has a shovel, we perhaps don't need the specific shovel being sold, or if we do perhaps Sylph could trade his brand new shovel for the one the trader has with no exchange of money required? I think we're going to need the map, though.

Nyx turns and flashes a beautific smile at the market trader..

I just love your shoes, they are fabulous! Surely we can work out a deal between us girls? :wink:

So, if I wanted to buy three canteens of water and the map, how much that set me back? I mean, you sold to old Boomers over there for fifteen gold and a bone. How about we start with the same deal, but you throw in the map for free?? :sweet:

Nyx turns and flashes a beautific smile at the market trader..

I just love your shoes, they are fabulous! Surely we can work out a deal between us girls? :wink:

So, if I wanted to buy three canteens of water and the map, how much that set me back? I mean, you sold to old Boomers over there for fifteen gold and a bone. How about we start with the same deal, but you throw in the map for free?? :sweet:

:wink: Oh but you see! Since your friend bought some, I'm running low, prices go up! I can't throw in something for free! :angry: You insult me.... how about 19 gold for a canteen each?

Nyx starts to wonder to herself what this lady would look like turned inside out. Probably like the other people she'd turned inside out, but the compulsion to find out is growing stronger all the time.

:wink: Oh but you see! Since your friend bought some, I'm running low, prices go up! I can't throw in something for free! :angry: You insult me.... how about 19 gold for a canteen each?

Madam, I have no wish to insult you, however your suggestion of 19 gold each for a canteen is ludicrous. I will raise my offer to 20 gold and a bone in return for 3 canteens and the map. Surely some gold will be better than none? :wink:

Nyx starts to wonder to herself what this lady would look like turned inside out. Probably like the other people she'd turned inside out, but the compulsion to find out is growing stronger all the time.

Madam, I have no wish to insult you, however your suggestion of 19 gold each for a canteen is ludicrous. I will raise my offer to 20 gold and a bone in return for 3 canteens and the map. Surely some gold will be better than none? :wink:

Fine, how about 15 gold each?

And- surely some food on the table is better than none.

Now I know that you just sold them for fifteen for three but between you and me I know that you will sell me 4 for 15.

So, I'll make it easy for you, I will give you 17 gold for 4 canteens.

Now I know that you just sold them for fifteen for three but between you and me I know that you will sell me 4 for 15.

So, I'll make it easy for you, I will give you 17 gold for 4 canteens.

"Tell you what. Give me 18 gold and that lovely looking tonic of yours and I'll give you FIVE canteens.. deal?" asks the market woman.

"How about 19 gold and a potion for 5 canteens." Amorith asks the woman.

Deal! You may edit your signature!

ava-sylph.jpg

Sylph Solanum: Level 7 Cleric (played by dannylonlegs) Party Leader

unknown age, unknown race

Power: 10 Health: 15/15 Ether: 11/11 Gold: 59 Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP: 6), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Water Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Bone

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Lord Lawrence Boomingham, Level 8 Knight (played by Zepher)

44 years old Male Human

Power: 15 Health: 17/17 Gold: 24

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 7), Shaduex Shield (SP: 4), Shield (SP: 2), 2 Potions, Venom, Bedroll, 3 Canteens

6021867482_37ed63cbf4_s.jpg

Nyx, Level 11 Mage, 19 years old Female Human (played by Pandora)

Power: 15 Health: 15/15 Ether: 15/15 Gold: 48

Inventory: Dawnstar II (WP: 4), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Sapphire (Wind), Sandman's Parasol, 2 Potions, Remedy, 2 Tonics, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, 2 Bones

6135777714_4dee4d5480_t.jpg

Amorith Marvelo Level 2 mage 324 year old male elf (played by legobodgers)

Power: 6 Health: 6/6 Ether: 5/6 Gold: 0

Inventory: Fang Dagger (WP: 4), , opal elemental gem, Bedroll, Tonic, 5 canteens. Plus a 10 gold debt to Ranger Docken. Thats for Sandy's Heroica RPG

dwarfclericsm.jpg

Barur Tormek, Level 2 Cleric (played by Aveal the Black Sheep)

260 years old Male Dwarf Power: 5 Health:10/10 Ether:6/6 Gold: 29

Inventory: Rune Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Remedy, Venom

You're low 2 gold... How about 35 gold and a water bomb for 3 canteens? (Your signature says 40 gold)

"Actually, I'm quite sure that I have 42." (I have 59.) "So 42 for the 3 canteens is a deal?"