Sign in to follow this  
Dreamweb

Which figurehead in the pirate theme do you like most?

Which figurehead do you like the most?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Which figurehead do you like the most?

• Yellow bird (hawk?) of Caribbean Clipper
    • Red dragon (plume-like) of Renegade Runner
    • Female figure of Black Seas Barracuda
    • Pirate figure of Skull's Eye Schooner
    • Pirate figure of Red Beard Runner
    • Skull of Cross Bone Clipper
    • No figurehead at all (like in Imperial & Armada Flagships)

Which ship (original Pirates theme only!) has the best figurehead?

Caribbean Clipper:

figurehead1cc4sx.jpg

Renegade Runner:

figurehead2rr0vw.jpg

Black Seas Barracuda:

figurehead3bsb2on.jpg

Skull's Eye Schooner:

figurehead4ses2ka.jpg

Red Beard Runner:

figurehead5rbr0kd.jpg

(SES's and RBR's figureheads are almost the same, but still a bit different)

Cross Bone Clipper:

figurehead6cbc2cm.jpg

The last choice in the poll is for those who don't like figureheads and think ships could do without them (Imperial Flagship and Armada Flagship didn't have any).

And perhaps you have some ideas of custom figureheads that you think would look great? Perhaps some examples of such figureheads made by you or by someone else to show here?

i voted for the clipper... i think they're all at best average quality, but i guess options are limited if your model already is expensive because of canons, figs, ...

the dragon is not a bad idea but it's not very well executed.

the baracuda fig isn't bad, but not brilliant either...

the others look like crap

I love the hawk, though as a castle fan the rare red dragon plumes could be very appreciated as well...

God Bless,

Nathan

Aye Carumba!!! The Caribbean Clipper is winning hands down! Or should that be sails down?

However I voted for the Skulls Eye Schooner because that figure can be taken and made into the Phantom Captain!

The bird has a very fluid look, and therefore gets the top vote.

Second is the Black Sea Barracuda, with another "fluid" and good looking front. However, the Red Beard Runner (hilarious name) would get the top vote if it was in different colors, or with an actual face.

I thought the birdie looks a bit dull myself. Maybe a gold chrome one would be interesting but the yellow is just drab, drab I tell yers! I've got 3 of them myself however...

Black seas barracuda - not that it's that good. It's just better than the rest. Stupid birds :|

KimT

None of the figureheads are any good though! Why did they even bother? Well who cares! It offers extra pieces to play with and if you don't like them, then don't put them on!

I've just found this ship on brickshelf. It has a better figurehead and it's also a great MOC - dunno if You've seen this before.

KimT

None of the figureheads are any good though! Why did they even bother? Well who cares! It offers extra pieces to play with and if you don't like them, then don't put them on!

I have to agree they arent great, but I think them as a necessity when it comes to these ships; In those times it made the ship more extravagant looking, some ships actually had more than one, like one that was meant to be Poseidon and a bunch of mermaids!

Not all ships had them though, but any great ship should have one, the same goes for the back of the ship that should be overdetailed, some of the ships actually had so many decorations on the back it was plainly ugly!

I've just found this ship on brickshelf. It has a better figurehead and it's also a great MOC - dunno if You've seen this before.

KimT

Nope! This is new material! By all means create a new thread for it!

I have to agree they arent great, but I think them as a necessity when it comes to these ships; In those times it made the ship more extravagant looking, some ships actually had more than one, like one that was meant to be Poseidon and a bunch of mermaids!

Not all ships had them though, but any great ship should have one, the same goes for the back of the ship that should be overdetailed, some of the ships actually had so many decorations on the back it was plainly ugly!

Yes that is a good point. Such an adornments add authenticity to these vessels, but too much of anything is ususually a bad thing. Some have been known to say "Less is more" and others say "Too many cooks spoil the broth" while others say "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog". Wait a minute... That's not right!

I'm my search for a figurehead for my ship, it is clear that I don't have to count on the TLC.

These figureheads are just so ugly.

Please let me know if you have seen a really cool figurehead on a MOC ship.

I'm my search for a figurehead for my ship, it is clear that I don't have to count on the TLC.

These figureheads are just so ugly.

Please let me know if you have seen a really cool figurehead on a MOC ship.

I voted for the lady at the bow from the 6285 black seas barracuda, coincidentally my fav ship.

A cool figurehead would be the female islander torso, a random lady head (the islander / pirate lady / 6071 forestwoman / 6081 maiden head will do fine by the way) and then finally add a piece of the mid length female hair or a ponytail hairpiece, make your own choice. Done!

8-| X-O And \I'm the one to make the BSB the leading roll in the poll! (hehee). I like it because it's neat, it blends well with the rest of the ship and looks good. Of course, I also like the Flagship that has none but I voted BSB anyway *y*

Ps. This is a big bump. Hmm, I wanna try to make a figure head now :-) .

Would anyone be interested in a figurehead contest?

It will maybe not be on a big scale, but you never know if we do some marketing by temporary replacing our signatures by a "figurehead contest banner".

I suppose that is a figure head, but I think it is meant mini]figure???

A figure head contest would be really cool. It dosen't take that much skill, not that many pieces, alot of people (I'm sure) could do it, and it'd be fun.

I voted for the bird.

Figureheads should follow the front rigging/mast (name?).

Some of the figureheads just stick up.

I voted for the bird.

Figureheads should follow the front rigging/mast (name?).

Some of the figureheads just stick up.

True to this( Besides the Schooner), however, I find that the sloping piece behind the lady of the BSB helps make it look more natural than just the plain figuer.