Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#2: Looking Through the Wares

Atramor nudges Umbra with his foot. Deciding against taking her hat, he returns to the group.

"Great work everybody. I didn't think we'd be able to pull that off. So, how are we splitting the loot, O esteemed party leader?"

Boomingham starts to laugh, first nervously, and then suddenly with great power. "I did not think we would pull that off at all!" he exclaims. He wraps his arms around Hybros and Atramor, and they all but disappear in his giant embrace. "You genius little fellows you! Taking out that beautiful woman and that guard dog! My oh my." He releases them and walks over to Rufindel and kisses him on both cheeks. "Is that elvish custom? I have no idea. Wonderful leadership!"

"Now," he opens it up to everyone. "We ought to take our stuff and run because those guards she summoned can't be too far off. I'd love the Fleuret if no one opposes, but that's only if no one opposes." He then smiles. "Besides, that way if I ever see her again I can rub it in her face. Her pretty pretty now thankfully unconscious face!"

"Now," he opens it up to everyone. "We ought to take our stuff and run because those guards she summoned can't be too far off. I'd love the Fleuret if no one opposes, but that's only if no one opposes." He then smiles. "Besides, that way if I ever see her again I can rub it in her face. Her pretty pretty now thankfully unconscious face!"

"Well, I thought you could get the Shield, since you're the only one that can use it, and Hybros should get the Fleuret. It's up to the big PL, though. And please, get off me."

"I'm a reasonable fellow. If he wants it, he can of course have it! I love Hybros. :wub: "

Way to go, everyone. That was a great battle.

Before we hightail out of here, if you don't mind, Boomingham, I would like the fleuret, since you're the only one who can use the shield. :classic:

"Of course of course. Can rub that in her face as well. Besides, you deserve whatever you want, you thought out that win all on your lonesome. Tell everyone what, a round on me when we all get back to the hall!" Boomingham prays no one will remember the drinks are free. "Now, as Alexis, that pretty pretty ranger, said, onwards through that door!"

'Well done everyone! Excellent plan, Hybros!' says Rufindel, blushing slightly at the knight's show of affection.

Right, as you say, Hybros should get the Fleuret, Boomy the shield, and the bones go to Alexis and Eric, and the third - randomly - to Hybros.

As for the gold - bear with me here! Atramor, Hybros and Boomy now have spare weapons/shields they can sell for 15, 15 and 10 gold respectively. Too balance this out, If I give 15 to Alexis, 15 to Eric, 2 to Hybros and 18 to me, that means that total worth of gold and spare weaponry will be 25 for each of us except Atramor and Boomy, who have more through chance. Does that seem fair? Everyone say if they're happy with this before we divide the loot.

The quest reward - assuming we can get it - will be split equally (because that was the expectation when we started).

As for what to do next, if we go through this door, will that not take us straight to the guards? Are we feeling brave? :wink:

Slowly Eric's sight returned. He'd heared his companions rejoicing, but he hadn't seen the body of Umbra with his own eyes yet. He sheathed his sword and stared at the dogs' corpses and Shadeaux body. He was angry with himself for not having been able to participate in the final attack.

"Good job, everyone. Well done!" the Barbarian complimented his friends.

Eager for some more action, Eric seconded the plan to head through the door and defeat whatever it was that hid there.

After dealing out the spoils of the battle gotten from the unconscious Umbra Shadeaux and the three dead hounds, the party heard the Shadeaux guards rushing to the office that lay beyond the backdoor. It sounded like there were at least a dozen of them, so the party decided it would be best to just flee through the door they entered. They ran all the way back across the warehouse and stepped into the street. It was now dark outside, as the night had fallen. The daring heroes made their way back to the alley where Lorcan Hinckwell was waiting for their report.

heroicaquest2-ending.jpg

"You certainly took your sweet time", the Hinckwell heir said bluntly. "I'm eager to hear what you have found from the warehouse, so spill it."

What will the party tell Lorcan?

"I think we should tell Lorcan the truth. We kept our honor with Umbra, so we should follow through here. Tell him there were no crates. Maybe we should omit the Zeigfried thing so we can keep it... it's not any of his business anyway..."

'Lord Lorcan, it's funny you should comment on how long we took... we have searched thoroughly and battled hard. Indeed, we were propositioned with a better offer than yours, but being Adventurers of honour, we kept to our word with you.

We found no crates marked with the Hinckwell Crown.'

"I think we should tell Lorcan the truth. We kept our honor with Umbra, so we should follow through here. Tell him there were no crates. Maybe we should omit the Zeigfried thing so we can keep it... it's not any of his business anyway..."

*whispered to the party* Let's see what he says to this; the information we found might be of some value.

'Lord Lorcan, it's funny you should comment on how long we took... we have searched thoroughly and battled hard. Indeed, we were propositioned with a better offer than yours, but being Adventurers of honour, we kept to our word with you.

We found no crates marked with the Hinckwell Crown.'

Lorcan Hinckwell nods.

"As is expected. While you were on your mission, I received news of a new pirate captain raiding the waters. He calls himself Jolly Roger, and we have reason to believe he is responsible for our lost cargo. The Bonapartes will undoubtedly make quick work of his misdeeds, like they have done to all aspiring pirates so far. Anyway, I apologize for sending you to a fool's errand, but I am curious to hear if you found anything else of interest from the warehouse. You will naturally receive your reward even though you did not find our crates."

"And here I was thinking you folks had sent us on a fool's errand on purpose!" booms Boomingham, before shaking Lorcan's hand. "Turns out you were a decent fellow all along!" He then returns to his friends. "We should tell him about the Zeigfried crates. Rufindel, you have once more shown you're a smarter man than I. Or elf, as the case would be."

We did find something of interest, Lord Lorcan, though surely not to the Hinckwells. Unless, that is, you were prepared to make an offer...?

We did find something of interest, Lord Lorcan, though surely not to the Hinckwells. Unless, that is, you were prepared to make an offer...?

Lorcan laughs.

"I am interested in anything that would make the Shadeaux look bad. Do you mean to say you stole something from the warehouse? I don't care, as long as you don't go around claiming my family put you to it. This was merely a reconnaisance mission, nothing more."

Lorcan laughs.

"I am interested in anything that would make the Shadeaux look bad. Do you mean to say you stole something from the warehouse? I don't care, as long as you don't go around claiming my family put you to it. This was merely a reconnaisance mission, nothing more."

Rufindel smiles slightly, and raises an eyebrow.

'Of course we will not disclose our sponsor. What we have could indeed discredit the Shadeaux, but it might also be of interest to others. Perhaps the information would be worth something to your esteemed family?'

Rufindel wonders how loudly he will have to hint.

Boomingham nods to his friend. "I have this one. I'm a knight. I'm good at dealing with others." He then approaches Lorcan. "We have something that may make the Shadeux look bad. Would you like to pay us an additional fee for the information? If not, we understand and will graciously accept our normal reward and be on our way."

Lorcan is taken aback by the party's suggestions.

"I am utterly shocked at your proposal, gentlemen - and Lady Elf. I am already rewarding you with 1200 gold, which is an immense amount of gold to riff-raff such as yourselves, and you dare to ask for more? I am beginning to have second doubts if my family should trust your services in the future after all... But if this is how you wish to handle business, then so be it. Take the gold and get out of my sight. We might call for you, if we ever need further assistance."

Lorcan Hinckwell leaves the alley. The party cannot suppress their curiosity anymore, but open the mysterious bottle they stole from the Ziegfried crate. A wisp of smoke emerges from the bottle, and a faint sigh of relief is heard before the smoke disperses. It seems like the bottle contained a captured soul, that the party has now set free. They wonder what the wizards would need three crates of bottled souls for, and why they were hauled up in a Shadeaux warehouse. But that is a mystery that must be left for another time.

The party make their way back to Heroica Hall with their purses filled up with Hinckwell gold - the luckiest gold there is.

THE QUEST IS SUCCESSFUL!

Party (after the quest):

ava-alexis.jpg

Alexis Fenral
(Masked Builder)

Level 7 Ranger

Power
: 10

Health
: 12/12

Gold
: 225