Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#3: The Missing Matriarch

So right now we're just waiting on Sylph to patch up those wanting patching up, and then we can sort this mess out.

Which is good, really, as I have a facial booked. You should come too, Namyrra, it'll be fun and it'll take years off you. You'll still look ancient, but maybe a bit less ancient, and it really is a great way to wind down after reckless destruction and mindless carnage. :sweet:

"Allrighty! Sorry that took so long, I just had to sort out some clerical errors. It's time I made myself useful! So, I think I'll Heal Namyrra first, and then Nyx, and then Cronk."

"Since Sylph has now healed those who needed healing, I say we get in there and kick some a**! :devil: I somehow knew that Zed was too happy after the disappearance of the Matriarch. Now let's bring some justice to him. For the Matriarch!"

With the group all healed up and fit for battle, the six heroes return upstairs and unlock the Master Bedroom's door with the key they got from Chesterine. The eerie purple light fills the entire room. Basking in the light is an enormous canopy bed with four twisted pillars and a demonic face. The bed growls at them in agony.

"Grrrahhh!!! This madness... must END!"

The voice belongs to none other than Archmagistrum Zed. With a tantalizing howl, the bed attacks the party. However, the four posts protect the bed from gaining damage, so the party must get rid of them first.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

heroicaquest3-battlebed.jpg

Enemies:

Zed the Bed

Type: Demon, Mechanic

Level: 6

Health: 30/30 (cannot be damaged until the four posters have been defeated)

Special:
Deep Sleep
– makes the target fall fast asleep, forcing it to missing its turn until woken up by a roll of 1 or 2, or until the effect is remedied.

Drops: Holy Bomb

Red Post

Type: Fiery

Level: 4

Health: 15/15

Special:
Fire Ward
– blocks fire-elemental attacks for the duration of the next round.

Drops: Fire Bomb

Blue Post

Type: Aquatic

Special:
Water Ward
– blocks water-elemental attacks for the duration of the next round.

Drops: Water Bomb

White Post

Type: Icy

Special:
Ice Ward
– blocks ice-elemental attacks for the duration of the next round.

Drops: Ice Bomb

Yellow Post

Type: Electric

Special:
Thunder Ward
– blocks thunder-elemental attacks for the duration of the next round.

Drops: Thunder Bomb

Party:

sig.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 5 Mage

Power
: 8

Health
: 9/9

Ether
: 7/9

Gold
: 5

Inventory
: Dragoro (WP: 3
*poisoned*
) ,Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Sapphire (Wind), Tonic, Grand Tonic, Bedroll

6040477366_1cbdd80346_t.jpg

Cronk
(played by CorneliusMurdock)

Level 5 Knight

Power

Health
: 14/14

Gold
: 0

Inventory
: Longsword (WP: 3
*poisoned*
), Shield (SP: 2), 2 Potions, Remedy, Bedroll, Bone

herocia.png

Signor Bacari
(played by Capt.JohnPaul)

Level 5 Ranger

Power

Health
: 10/10

Gold
:2

Inventory
: Crossbow (WP: 3
*poisoned*
), Potion, Tonic, Fire Bomb, Bedroll

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 5 Mage

Power
: 9

Health

Ether
: 6/9

Gold
: 10

Inventory
: Lullaby Wand (WP: 4, sleep-effect,
*poisoned*
), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Garnet (Earth), Opal (Ice), Potion, Tonic, Venom

5909627714_af21b5c29f_t.jpg

Nyx
(played by Pandora)

Level 10 Mage (Party Leader)

Power
: 14

Health

Ether
: 12/14

Gold
: 17

Inventory
: Dawnstar II (WP: 4), Sandman's Parasol (protects from sleep-effect), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Emerald (Wood), Diamond (Light), 2 Potions, 2 Tonics, Remedy, Bedroll, 2 Bones

ava-sylph.jpg

Sylph Solanum
(played by Dannylonglegs)

Level 5 Cleric

Power

Health
: 13/13

Ether

Gold

Inventory
: Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Water Bomb, Bedroll, Bone

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit at the end of the round.

"I'll attack the Red Poster with a water spell from the back row. Let's end this quick."

Edited by K-nut

"As I have not poisoned my weapon, I shall attack Zed the bed from the front row. Someone must target him, lest he gain a free attack. I believe it's safest if I strike him, and do so last. That way, if everyone else is effective and the posts are destroyed, I'll get a shot at him, and if not, someone who had the possibility to do more damage did not waste his/her turn. Correct me if I'm wrong."

"Also, I'm immune to the sleep attack by virtue of my class."

"Conversely, I could make use of my water bomb. I hadn't thought of that. It's up to you Nyx."

Thank you for your healing, Sylph, and I agree with your strategy for you target Zed the bed last. If I were you, I'd save my Water Bomb for a sunny day. :wink:

I shall cast Wood magic on the Blue Poster from the Back Row. I would suggest we three Mages target a Poster each and that Cronk and Bacari target the fourth together. If we Mages go first, then we can tailor our elemental attacks, and should we do something awesome, our big hitters may be able to target the bed. :sweet:

Party order:

Nyx

Althior

Namyrra

Cronk

Bacari

Sylph

I shall cast Wood magic on the Blue Poster from the Back Row. I would suggest we three Mages target a Poster each and that Cronk and Bacari target the fourth together. If we Mages go first, then we can tailor our elemental attacks, and should we do something awesome, our big hitters may be able to target the bed. :sweet:

"Sounds like a splendid plan noble leader. And I really am sorry about you-know-what yesterday."

"So, I shall cast an Earth spell at the Yellow Poster from the Back row."

Results of Round One of the Master Bedroom Battle:

>Nyx (Wood) vs. Blue Post - Shield (Fire)

>Althior (Water) vs. Red Post - Spell

>Namyrra (Earth) vs. Yellow Post - Shield (Ice)

Cronk vs. White Post - Special Damage

>Bacari vs. White Post - Critical Hit

Sylph vs. Zed the Bed - Spirit Guard

The ultimate battle against the remaining transformed Ziegfried begins. Nyx does a Magic Burst of fire that causes 14 damage to the Blue and Yellow posts, 28 damage to the White Post, defeating it, and no damage to the Red Post or Zed. Althior's water-spell is very effective against the Red Post, and the 16 damage it causes is enough to take it down. Namyrra also performs a Magic Burst but of the ice-element. It destroys the remaining two posts, and Zed the Bed is now vulnerable to attacks. The bed puts Cronk fast asleep with the Deep Sleep skill. Signor Bacari hits the bed for 11 damage and poisons it at the same. The enchanted bed tries to put Sylph into sleep as well, but his Spirit Guard prevents this. Zed the Bed takes 1 damage from the poisoning.

Only one enemy remains. The battle goes on.

Enemies:

Zed the Bed

Health: 18/30
*poisoned*

Special:
Deep Sleep
– makes the target fall fast asleep, forcing it to missing its turn until woken up by a roll of 1 or 2, or until the effect is remedied.

Drops: Holy Bomb

Party:

sig.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 5 Mage

Power

Health

Ether

Gold

Inventory
: Dragoro (WP: 3
*poisoned*
) ,Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Sapphire (Wind), Tonic, Grand Tonic, Bedroll

Cronk

Level 5 Knight
*fast asleep*

Power

Health

Gold

Inventory
: Longsword (WP: 3
*poisoned*
), Shield (SP: 2), 2 Potions, Remedy, Bedroll, Bone

herocia.png

Signor Bacari

Level 5 Ranger

Power

Health

Gold

Inventory
: Crossbow (WP: 3
*poisoned*
), Potion, Tonic, Fire Bomb, Bedroll

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 5 Mage

Power

Health

Ether

Gold

Inventory
: Lullaby Wand (WP: 4, sleep-effect,
*poisoned*
), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Garnet (Earth), Opal (Ice), Potion, Tonic, Venom

Nyx
(played by Pandora)

Level 10 Mage (Party Leader)

Power

Health

Ether

Gold

Inventory
: Dawnstar II (WP: 4), Sandman's Parasol (protects from sleep-effect), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Emerald (Wood), Diamond (Light), 2 Potions, 2 Tonics, Remedy, Bedroll, 2 Bones

ava-sylph.jpg

Sylph Solanum

Level 5 Cleric

Power

Health
: 13/13

Ether

Gold

Inventory
: Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Water Bomb, Bedroll, Bone

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you (except Cronk who is asleep), choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit at the end of the round.

Signor Bacari hits the bed for 11 damage and poisons it at the same. The enchanted bed tries to put Sylph into sleep as well, but his Spirit Guard prevents this. Zed the Bed takes 1 damage from the poisoning.

Only one enemy remains. The battle goes on.

Enemies:

Zed the Bed

Health: 28/30
*poisoned*

"Ahem, oh big voice-in-the-sky, surely Zed the Bed should have only 18 health left if Signor Bacari caused 11 damage and then Zed lost one health from the poison?"

"Regardless, I shall cast a Fire spell at Zed the Bed from the back row."

Well, I think we can finish Zed off with Cronk asleep - don't worry Cronk, you should still get experience from victory with us... Cronk? Cronk? Oh someone get him a blanket... :hmpf:

Diamonds are a girl's best friend, so I shall cast Light magic on Zed the Bed, from the back row.

Since Sylph and I are both immune to sleep, we shall go first.

Party Order:

Nyx

Sylph

Bacari

Namyrra

Althior

Cronk (Asleep)

*snore* Cronk not want go school today, Cronk's mommy. *snore*

Aww, I think that's Cronk's way of saying that if he could he'd be targeting Zed the bed, just in case he rolls a 1 or a 2 and wakes up. :wink:

Results of Round Two of the Master Bedroom Battle:

Nyx (Light) vs. Zed the Bed - Shield (Wood)

Sylph vs. Zed the Bed - Spirit Guard

>Bacari vs. Zed the Bed - Hit

>Namyrra (Fire) vs. Zed the Bed - Special Damage

>Althior (Lightning) vs. Zed the Bed - Hit

Cronk is fast asleep - fails to wake up

The battle continues, but the leader of the party, Nyx, is getting quite fed up with fighting furniture. Her frustration manifests in a burst of wood-elemental magic that causes 14 damage to Zed. The bed tries to put Sylph to sleep again, but fails. Signor Bacari finishes the possessed canopy bed with a single shot.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

All party members gain a level of experience, except Nyx who only gains a half. The enemies drop a Holy Bomb, a Fire Bomb, a Water Bomb, an Ice Bomb and a Lightning Bomb.

Party (after the battle):

sig.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 6 Mage

Power

Health

Ether
: 7/10

Gold

Inventory
: Dragoro (WP: 3) ,Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Sapphire (Wind), Tonic, Grand Tonic, Bedroll

Cronk

Level 6 Knight

Power

Health
: 15/15

Gold

Inventory
: Longsword (WP: 3), Shield (SP: 2), 2 Potions, Remedy, Bedroll, Bone

herocia.png

Signor Bacari

Level 6 Ranger

Power

Health
: 11/11

Gold

Inventory
: Crossbow (WP: 3), Potion, Tonic, Fire Bomb, Bedroll

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 6 Mage

Power

Health

Ether

Gold

Inventory
: Lullaby Wand (WP: 4, sleep-effect), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Garnet (Earth), Opal (Ice), Potion, Tonic, Venom

Nyx
(played by Pandora)

Level 10½ Mage (Party Leader)

Power

Health

Ether

Gold

Inventory

ava-sylph.jpg

Sylph Solanum

Level 6 Cleric

Power

Health

Ether

Gold

Inventory

Party Leader, how will the spoils of the battle be divided?

heroica-firebomb.jpg1 x Fire Bomb – Causes 5 points of fire-elemental damage to all enemies, doubled if the target is weak to fire.

heroica-icebomb.jpg1 x Ice Bomb – Causes 5 points of ice-elemental damage to all enemies, doubled if the target is weak to ice.

heroica-lightningbomb.jpg1 x Lightning Bomb – Causes 5 points of lightning-elemental damage to all enemies, doubled if the target is weak to lightning.

heroica-waterbomb.jpg1 x Water Bomb - Causes 5 points of water-elemental damage to all enemies, doubled if the target is weak to water.

heroica-holybomb.jpg1 x Holy Bomb – Causes 5 points of light-elemental damage to all enemies, doubled if the target is weak to light.

"Huzzah! But there's still one question remaining, what about the Matriarch? I'd like to give good ol' Zed a piece of my utterly twisted mind. :angry: "

"I fear that Zed was not the Mastermind he would have appeared. I think he may have just been another victim of whoever has really been pulling the strings. I hope I'm just being paranoid, but Altiar did mention that the voice sounded like that of someone from his past. Seemingly not Zed's."

Huh, what going on? Cronk fall asleep? Cronk sad Cronk not get to bash things. But Cronk happy party able to win anyway.

Oh, well. Cronk is refreshed and ready. What party do now? Any of Cronk's friends see Mage Zelda?

"Most peculiar, after all our other encounters the transformed Ziegfried we've been fighting has showed up afterwards, but this time Zed did not. Is Zed dead? In that case, where is the dead Zed?"

"So, I guess we should perhaps head downstairs again after dividing the spoils of this battle? And if no one minds I'd love to get the Lightning Bomb. :grin:"

And if no one minds I'd love to get the Lightning Bomb. :grin:"

Uhm, I think it might be best to review the items we have all received thus far:-

Nyx

Tonic

Sandman's Parasol

Namyrra

Tonic

Lullaby Wand

Venom

Althior

Grand Tonic

Tonic

Venom

Cronk

Remedy

Bone

Venom

Bacari

Tonic

Fire Bomb

Venom

Sylph

Tonic

Bone

Water Bomb

Venom

As I have only received two items, I will be taking the Holy Bomb. The other four bombs I actually feel should be distributed between Sylph, Cronk, Bacari and Althior, as you Namyrra gained a new weapon from this quest. I'm sorry, but I do feel it is fairer that others receive the bombs. :cry_sad:

I would, however, welcome opinions from the rest of the party.

As I have only received two items, I will be taking the Holy Bomb. The other four bombs I actually feel should be distributed between Sylph, Cronk, Bacari and Althior, as you Namyrra gained a new weapon from this quest. I'm sorry, but I do feel it is fairer that others receive the bombs. :cry_sad:

I would, however, welcome opinions from the rest of the party.

"That is a very good point, I did get this neat lullaby wand, so I have no problem letting the others have the bombs. :blush:"

"I'd like the Lightning bomb, if nobody minds of course. :sweet: Wait, I just remembered something."

"I believe that chair is in her chambers. It is an impressive seat, I concur", Altair responds.

"The High Conjurator said that chair in the portrait of the Matriarch was in her chambers. I do not see it anywhere, could there still be a room we need to check?"