Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#3: The Missing Matriarch

What make Mage Chesterine say Mage Zed not nice anymore? What happened to make Mage Zed mean? Did Mage Zed hurt Mage Chesterine?

Cronk promise that Cronk and Cronk's friends will make sure justice is done if Mage Chesterine lets Party borrow nice keys.

The chest turns its back at the party.

"Yes... Father hurt me... Fifteen years ago... He broke me... It was so sad... I don't want to think of sad things anymore... So will you play with me... please...?"

"Yes... Father hurt me... Fifteen years ago... He broke me... It was so sad... I don't want to think of sad things anymore... So will you play with me... please...?"

"What do you want to play?"

The enchanted chest jumps up and down in excitement.

"Yay...! Let's play... riddles...! Riddle me this... My heads are on fire upon the brightness of day... and a grandmother's heart is in me to stay... What am I...?"

"Hmm, The heads upon fire could mean a red-head, but I don't know about the heads. The Grandmother's heart could be Ms. Zelda's necklace, which I questioned about before. And Ms. Chesterine, if we don't get those keys we'll never be able to save your Grandmother. But you probably won't give them to us anytime soon."

"Well, I'll admit I'm pretty clueless, this concept of 'riddles' isn't something we have in my native Fenario, it would be taken as a grave insult."

Riddle me this... My heads are on fire upon the brightness of day... and a grandmother's heart is in me to stay... What am I...?"

Are you a... flower of some sort?? :wacko:

Heads on fire???? I hear camel heads are filled with oil. :look: An animal of some sort? Or a creature? A fire ogre summoned by brainwashed mages? Could a beast guard the secrets to the whereabouts of the matriarch? Probably not but we will be fighting more I assume.

"Alas! I believe Cronk has gotten it! And the Grandmother's heart longs for the Ziegfrieds and it is their family crest. Good work Cronk!"

Oh, oh! Cronk thought of possible answer! A double-headed phoenix maybe? That is Crest of Mage family.

Cronk surprise Cronk's own self sometimes.

YES!

Bacari runs and gives Cronk a big bear hug.

Good thinking!

Are you a... flower of some sort?? :wacko:

"I thought similarly at first, however, Cronk's remarkably clear head seems to have furnished a very likely answer! Fire is the element of the Pheonix, multiple heads, and the crest. It ALL fits. "

The chest giggles at Cronk.

"Clever... But no, that is not the answer... I told you the answer to the riddle when we last spoke... You silly people..."

"Clever... But no, that is not the answer... I told you the answer to the riddle when we last spoke... You silly people..."

"Could it be Salmanda?"

OR, she said the answer was something she said

A golden chest. That may be it. It glows and it could contain something like a heart.

Bacari asks the chest if the answer is a Golden Chest.

Aw, Cronk thought Cronk had it. Cronk thinks Mage Namyrra has it though. Mage Chesterine did mention the golden domes of Salmanda. Those must be the heads on fire. Mage Chesterine's GramGram must miss the land of Mage Zelda's birth and so Mage Zelda's heart is there. Good work, Mage Namyrra!

Edited by CorneliusMurdock

"Could it be Salmanda?"

The chest makes a flip in the air, opens up and transforms into the Minor Occultess Chesterine, who is holding a key.

heroicaquest3-chesterinekey.jpg

"You solved it... Good for you... Salmanda, how I wish to go there... Here is the key... I really hope father does not kill you... Like he killed our mother... Poor grandmother... I think she might be dead as well... I'm hungry..."

The female wizard hands over the key to the party and leaves for the kitchen. The party now has access to the Master Bedroom. Is the party prepared to face whatever lies there?

Cronk is prepared to bash Evil Mage Zed! Evil Mage Zed will not know what hit Evil Mage Zed. And what hit Evil Mage Zed will be Cronk. :angry:

And Mage Chesterine, if Cronk and party find Mage Chesterine's GramGram, Cronk and party will find way to rescue.

The female wizard hands over the key to the party and leaves for the kitchen. The party now has access to the Master Bedroom. Is the party prepared to face whatever lies there?

"Wouldn't it be a good idea to perform some healing before we head into the Master Bedroom? I sure could use some clerical attention. :wink:"

So right now we're just waiting on Sylph to patch up those wanting patching up, and then we can sort this mess out.

Which is good, really, as I have a facial booked. You should come too, Namyrra, it'll be fun and it'll take years off you. You'll still look ancient, but maybe a bit less ancient, and it really is a great way to wind down after reckless destruction and mindless carnage. :sweet:

Cronk got facial once. Cronk not sure if Cronk want to go through that again. Cronk might like pedicure, though.

But Cronk not sure if Mage Nyx has time to make beauty appointment. Party should be bashing evil.