XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Looked at the X-wing a little closer...the technic on the back looks horrible. But an even bigger concern, did they put R2 in sideways? If so, this is even worse than the '06 model.

Really, I also have the last model and I really don't see much of a change from the last model, it has a couple of added parts but not much of an improvment.

The lower X-foils on the new one has studs facing downwards. :wink:

Plus the rear end is different as well, engine mounts are slightly different too. :wink:

Looked at the X-wing a little closer...the technic on the back looks horrible. But an even bigger concern, did they put R2 in sideways? If so, this is even worse than the '06 model.

*huh* My god, I think you're right! :sick:

Did anyone else see R2-D2's third leg in the Droid Escape?

Oh, crap.....well that's it for me.....I'm not buying ! :hmpf_bad:

'StoutFiles' you right, R2 is sideways...man, I hate that, but I actually do like my 2006 model of the X-wing. :blush:

Really, I also have the last model and I really don't see much of a change from the last model, it has a couple of added parts but not much of an improvment.

So you choose to overlook:

- slope bricks that give shape to the rear fuselage and do a much better (though still less than ideal) job of covering up the worm gear mechanism than the god-awful job you see on 4502 (though to be honest, anything is preferable to that sloppy Technic mess)

- Non-printed greeble behind the droid socket (it's about time!) and Artoo put in sideways*

- Slightly larger wingspan and engines that are more accurate and fleshed out, with different (possibly new?) pieces used for thrusters

- Inverted bottom wings and more effectively integrated S-foil mechanism (though click hinges would have been preferable)

- 3-wide nose that is noticeably shorter in height relative to the nose on 4502, also possibly being less studded

- Roomier (and boxier) cockpit without a trench run screen and with SNOTed sides that are plates and tiles instead of wedge bricks (i. e. thinner "armor" :tongue:).

- Flatter bottom

Considering how long 6212 has been on the market a change this drastic is honestly quite surprising. Obviously we haven't seen the whole of the set, but it's much more different from 6212 than people here make it sound.

*@StoutFiles: That isn't necessarily a bad thing; it means that the fuselage may be more dimensionally accurate (a LEGO astromech droid would be too bulky to actually fit in that space). It's weird how that area is only 4 studs wide, though - shouldn't be less than six at the thinnest. More pictures...

Hmm, I hadn't noticed all that at first glance. It does seem somewhat sleeker than previous versions, although that canopy still bothers me.

We don't get a very good view of the wing laser cannons in that shot, I wonder if they've been elongated? That would certainly be a welcome improvement.

We don't get a very good view of the wing laser cannons in that shot, I wonder if they've been elongated? That would certainly be a welcome improvement.

Sadly, it looks like they are still those ugly 8L bars. :sad:

There is no middle leg for R2-D2, as far as I can see. It's just his far leg that you can see. This picture is clearer:

LEGO Star Wars Set-Bilder 2012 Welle

Is that Endor Commando with the Ben Kenobi face supposed to be that old guy that dresses up as a scout trooper in the 6th but ends up getting caught?

If so then a few people will be happy as I can vaguely remember a few members talking about him earlier in this topic :tongue: .

Is that Endor Commando with the Ben Kenobi face supposed to be that old guy that dresses up as a scout trooper in the 6th but ends up getting caught?

If so then a few people will be happy as I can vaguely remember a few members talking about him earlier in this topic :tongue: .

Im sure it is. I think this is Lego sense of humor comming though again like Leia's ice block in the latest Hoth base set. Nice to see some added connon. :laugh:

I'm not a real SW fan ( I was a couple of years ago) and I still follow some of the news. But these sets..they just look very weird to me. It's probaly because they're prelimary or something, but they look even more downgraded than some were, like the JSF, it just doesn't do it for me :sceptic: The battlepacks also look a little.. :thumbdown: The only set I like is the escape pod, and that looks to me a very boring set :cry_sad: It's probaly just me and the fact these are still prelimary :sad::grin: But for now, I'n not impressed

Edited by Brickviller

I really like the Genosian cannon set. Getting more Genosians without having to buy the expensive Genosian starfighter is a plus. Also I like the Barris minifig which I missed for not geting the boring swamp speeder ...

:sceptic:

Is it weird that the only set i'm looking forward to is the Droid Escape? :wacko: (btw...overpriced :angry: )

having the previous version of the X-Wing, i was looking forward to the new one, as seeing the overhaul they made on the Tie got me curious...but it seems so "passable" :cry_sad: better hope it's a sort of "too prelim to criticize" thing :tongue:

as for the other sets...erm...no... :sing: but i have to see some more pics of the Endor set, just to try and give it a last chance of redemption :devil:

Looks cool! Expesct the Cw-bp cannon... I'm sad, because they gave a Gree and a Barris in the Geonosisan Cannon. Why not Jet or another Geonosisian-design clone trooper? My favorite is the Green Jedi Inetceptor. It's really cool, finally a green republic vehicle. The X-Wing is average. The Endor battle pack looks like an ewok attack in a smallest box, and more figures, but whitout ewoks. And last, but not least: The Droid Escape. Too big box, too many things. Too high price.

How long are we going to all comment on how overpriced the sets are? That's the reality of Lego Star Wars right now, it's incredibly overpriced and will stay that way.

What sets haven't we seen yet? Are the Y-wing and B-wing are still out there, or is that the full winter lineup?

The remaining winter sets are the Y-Wing and Tie Fighter, with the B-Wing being a UCS which do not follow the exact same release pattern. WE probably have not seen the Y-Wing and Tie because they might be store exclusives, meaning they would not be in a regular retailer catalog.

As far as prices are concerned, we haven't seen any confirmation of anything yet, bar one online retailer who, to be honest could charge whatever they like!

All this $5/€5/£5 extra on a battle pack etc could just be them adding on extra to profit from those stupid enough to try preordering this early.

Kaitan

I'm not interested in the CW sets, so here are my thoughts on the movie sets:

Endor BP- Not bad, I'm very happy with the figure selection of this BP (one can only use so many Zev Senescas) but I prefer the Rebel Commando heads in the Battle of Endor set over these.

Droid Escape- Looks pretty good, although the escape pod looks bigger than I remember it. Glad we're getting some more sets with Stormtroopers that aren't too expensive.

X-Wing- Some good improvements, the engines look excellent. The back doesn't look great, but hardly a big issue.

Jedi Interceptor- Thank God this is only a preliminary picture, I almost freaked out when I saw CW figures. The ship doesn't look as good as the old yellow version though- too blocky and unfinished looking.

Overall, I'm impressed considering these are preliminary photos, and the sets are likely to look better.

So, what happened to the planet sets?

Either the person who took the photos didn't take pictures of them, or they're not in the retailers' catalog. They could be exclusives, I guess.

Either the person who took the photos didn't take pictures of them, or they're not in the retailers' catalog. They could be exclusives, I guess.

I doubt they're exclusive, they seem like that they're marketed to be in loads of toy stores and supermarkets.

Or it could be nonsense

WE probably have not seen the Y-Wing and Tie

We've seen the completed Tie. So Imperium der Steine's sources didn't think it was worth the effort to get an outdated pic.

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this but I noticed the new tie fighter on the cover of the new catalog. I just thought this was interesting.