XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Hey, new pictures!

I'm fallenangel and the preliminary picture of 2/5ths of the X-wing is the worst set ever because... :tongue:

I was waiting for that. :laugh:

There is a lot to be said for the preliminary picture, but on the other hand, it is preliminary, so I will reserve judgement on the X-wing until we get better pictures. Shame that FBTB no longer Respects the Brick...

Hmm. I know a lot of people wanted that, but that's going to be so bulky. I guess it should be an easy mod, though.

Looking at this picture, I honestly don't think that a LEGO Eta-2 with a decent-looking full socket for a LEGO astromech droid would be possible. The wing simply isn't thick enough.

Edited by fallenangel309

Looking at this picture, I honestly don't think that a LEGO Eta-2 with a decent-looking full socket for a LEGO astromech droid would be possible. The wing simply isn't thick enough.

What is that a picture of? In the film, R2 doesn't hang out of the bottom of the ship (although perhaps in the film the fighter is not actually thick enough to house R2 and it's all a trick/cg). I agree that the model may end up looking awfully thick, though, and the solution used on the new V-Wing might turn out to be better.

What is that a picture of? In the film, R2 doesn't hang out of the bottom of the ship (although perhaps in the film the fighter is not actually thick enough to house R2 and it's all a trick/cg).

My point exactly. That's the life-size Eta-2 studio model as shown at Star Wars: The Exhibition (presumably used in the Providence hangar and Padme apartment scenes in Revenge of the Sith). Clearly the wings are far too thin to actually house a full astromech droid - it's hilarious how they expect us to believe that all of Artoo can fit inside. The Revell and ERTL kits don't have full sockets either. As you said, it's all CG.

Actually I was wrong, sort of. In this discussion article on Wookiepedia there is a debate about this very issue (scroll down to the 'Astromech' section). As things always go with SW, some people are adamant that the astromech's legs do in fact hang out, while in other movie shots there are no traces of the droid on the underside in the ship. Perhaps LEGO has better images from Lucasfilms that show the official way an astromech fits into an Eta-2, but I'm still expecting this thing to look too thick or just awkward from the side.

Someone on flickr makes a really good point. In the JSF, Anakin and Obi-Wan better be non-CW, or that would be quite hectic in the world of accuracy-maniacs.

Thanks for the pictures finally!! :thumbup: Although they are extremely rough.

Those have to be one of the most ridiculously preliminary sets of pictures I can remember. They have exactly 0% new figures, even preliminary new figures! Really I hope people won't get too overjoyed or bent out of shape about the sets from these pictures, because they are clearly far from complete.

There's not much to say based on these really, but it's nice to see them. At least it 100% confirms everything, not that I didn't believe it already. Now I'm looking forward to what all the new figures will actually look like :tongue:

I 100% agree, there are so many place holder figs, Anakin, Obi, Nute, Cody, Commando, ARC and it goes on and on.

Anyone else notice that under the ARF it says ARC??

LEGO Star Wars Set-Bilder 2012 Welle

The Droid Escape looks great though!

The ETA is hard to say, I don't like the sound of full R2, it would make the whole ship too bulky. :sceptic:

Someone on flickr makes a really good point. In the JSF, Anakin and Obi-Wan better be non-CW, or that would be quite hectic in the world of accuracy-maniacs.

I second that point of view, they do look CW torso's, but the faces - cannot tell at all ! :blush:

Also it appears to be another different speeder bike design.....I could be wrong though ? :blush:

Sweet, new pics! The new box art is lookin' good. I'm going to organize my notes on them.

CW BP: The Cannon looks pretty meh. But the ARF and ARC have me excited. The ARF has a phase 2 torso, so I wonder if the clones are going to use phase 2 from now on? I sure hope so. And it looks like the ARC will be blue, unless it is just a placeholder. I really hope it is though, because TLG really needs more blue clone gear, as all we have is Rex's helmet, which is really not usable for much. I am also curious as to what TLG will do for the ARC pauldrons, as the current ones don't fit on phase 2 style helmets.

Endor BP: This looks like a great army builder! Only problem is no new figs, unless they print the scout trooper or something. But that's okay.

Geonosian cannon: Looks kind of thrown together from what I can see. Figures will be great though, good to see the winged Geonosians. Also the handheld sonic blasters seem pretty interesting.

Droid escape: Looks pretty sweet, Escape pod seems very detailed. Also good to see more stormies.

TIE: Wut? No prelims of the TIE? :tongue: Anyway, it's frickin' awesome.

X-wing: Nothing to get excited about. Design hasn't changed much. It's an improvement over the last one, but I hope it improves in the final pics.

JSF: Looks good. It'll be interesting to see how it improves from the last one. Also, I'm sure the figs will be new, it's not like we'll get CW Anikan and stuff.

Also, I'm still relatively new, so do we just get these pics, then the final ones, or do we see them through different stages?

Edited by brickbuilder

Overall, these look great. The X-wing only has some minor improvements from the old one, and I didn't even notice them at first. The Jedi Interceptor looks good, and no, they will not be CW versions. TLG is simply just using those already existing figs as placeholders while the final new design is finished. The Droid Escape is awesome! The Geonosian canon looks cool. Finally wings again. But, I'm just upset they are making a new CW Barriss when they made a perfectly good normal version in 2010. As for the BPs: I'm a bit iffy. For now they look OK, but maybe when the new CW Phase 2 helmet is really done, my view may be changed. Also, why are Ben and Indy on Endor! :facepalm:

Actually I was wrong, sort of. In this discussion article on Wookiepedia there is a debate about this very issue (scroll down to the 'Astromech' section). As things always go with SW, some people are adamant that the astromech's legs do in fact hang out, while in other movie shots there are no traces of the droid on the underside in the ship. Perhaps LEGO has better images from Lucasfilms that show the official way an astromech fits into an Eta-2, but I'm still expecting this thing to look too thick or just awkward from the side.

Interesting observation... looks like Hasbro's been screwing us over again! I'll have to take the "correct" way as feet sticking out, sloppy as it may look, until further notice...

The Eta-2 in 9494 doesn't look too great (the 7661 version remains superior), but is that a pair of platforms I see in the lower left corner or just one?

The X-Wing has more improvements than you think, but the similar color scheme and basic shape make it looks a lot like the current version at first glance. I think it looks pretty good, but I wish LEGO would realize that X-wings are not white, but are in fact gray.

The X-Wing has more improvements than you think, but the similar color scheme and basic shape make it looks a lot like the current version at first glance. I think it looks pretty good, but I wish LEGO would realize that X-wings are not white, but are in fact gray.

Actually, they're dirty white. :wink: But The LEGO Group makes them shiny LEGO white because it would otherwise be an amorphous blob of boring.

I wish everyone would realize that X-wings are black with a gloss white coat, then weathered for a white/gray metallic look. It doesn't mean they're gray, it just means the white has been weathered. They are white. Go sandpaper the paint off your car, your car will be gray but the true color is whatever it was originally painted.

I wish everyone would realize that X-wings are black with a gloss white coat, then weathered for a white/gray metallic look. It doesn't mean they're gray, it just means the white has been weathered. They are white. Go sandpaper the paint off your car, your car will be gray but the true color is whatever it was originally painted.

StoutFiles is right. :thumbup:

There should be two platforms. One is a mining droid that Anakin rides, and the other is the floating platform that Obi-Wan rides.

Personally, I'm very happy with all of the sets. Sure, as we get more pictures they may turn out awful but what we have now look a okay.

9488 Clone Wars Battle Pack - Now this I really like. I'm going to have to wait to see what the figures look like but I like the little vehicle.

9489 Endor Battle Pack - Same with this one. I really like the little vehicle and I can't wait to see how the figure progress.

9490 Droid Escape - Not bad. Definitely something I might consider getting. I do like the pauldrons.

9491 Geonosian Cannon - This one is on my must get list. I LOVE the new Geonosians and I can't wait to see how Gree ends up looking.

9493 X-Wing - No I don't think I'm going to get this one. I'm just not an X-wing guy just yet. It does look okay though.

9494 Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Interceptor - Not bad. I sort of like the fact that we get a full R2 unit. I'll wait to see more. But the dark green is nice!

Does R2D2 have his belly-wheel out in Droid Escape? That wouldn't be half bad as I have 3 of him already so a bit of variation wouldn't hurt.

I would like to see the Sandtroopers looking a bit dusty ala the films but I guess that is too much to hope for as it would mean new printing (also why couldn't they have put a Dewback in instead of the stupid swoopbike?).

Does R2D2 have his belly-wheel out in Droid Escape? That wouldn't be half bad as I have 3 of him already so a bit of variation wouldn't hurt.

Maybe... But it's really too hard to tell.

Well,I must say these sets aren't looking great,here are my reasons...

The X-wing is the same model just with some added parts hopefully Porkins and his astro droid will look good.

The Jedi Interceptor looks really bad, I know there just starting to come along but it is not going to be worth 40$.

The Droid Escape is not bad but not good, the escape pod looks to long and the bike is okay(I think it would be better if it came with a smaller escape pod and a dewpack).

The Geonosian Cannon looks okay and the minifigs are pretty good but I just don't see it being worth 25$.

The Endor Battle Pack looks like the best set(out of those pictures),great way to get rebel commandos and scout troopers,the tree dosen't look bad.

The Clone Battle Pack looks okay, the canon looks to blocky and not much of a design, the minifigs are, well not good, they may just be getting started but the Phase 1.5 clone and Commando droid are really bad but hopefully they'll look beter in the end.

I'll most likly buy the 2 battle packs but this wave is not the best hopefully next wave will be beter

Edited by North Lego Star

The X-wing is the same model just with some added parts hopefully Porkins and his astro droid will look good.

Really, I have the last model, the lower X-foils are not same, neither are the engines....I just went to collection and had look.....so how it be the same model ? :sarcasm_smug:

Really, I have the last model, the lower X-foils are not same, neither are the engines....I just went to collection and had look.....so how it be the same model ? :sarcasm_smug:

Really, I also have the last model and I really don't see much of a change from the last model, it has a couple of added parts but not much of an improvment.

I don't think it's too surprising. As with other vehicles like the T-47, TLG seems to have settled on this design for the time being. Before today I didn't expect any major changes, and I would be even more surprised if any major changes took place between the publishing of the retailers' catalog and the release date.

New sets look good, but lack of new figs suck so far. Surly we will see new figs to replace figs like Gree. I love the new Droid escape. I'll still be waiting on final more detailed pics befor commenting more on the 2012 line up. Im a crazy SW Lego collector so I will be getting all of them if I can afford them. Time to start saving already.

I just noiced on 9494 Eta-2 that R2 is full sized with his body and Nute Gunray has a 'NEW' logo next to him. Be interesting to see how TLG will keep the Eta-2 streamlined with that full R2 in the wing.

Edited by wokajablocka

I'm a little underwhelmed by the sets to be honest

Clone Battle Pack- Can't really comment until I see the actual finished figs, but the little cannon looks cute. Not a fan of those rocket droids though

Endor Battle Pack- Happy about more Commandos, except I'm pretty sure the old one is Ben Kenobi :wacko: and another changed speeder bike! :sing:

Genosian battle- Only thing is the figs, the cannon looks really crummy to me, and none of the figs are that prominent, it will look good side by side with everything else though!

Droid Escape- I like the swoop bike, sand troopers look good and the escape pod looks sweet, might consider this one

X-wing- not enough has changed to warrant a re-purchase, definitely disappointed

Jedi Starfighter- Ugly, and I don't think it will be designed that well either with the full R2 unit

All and all, I'm disappointed, yet rather glad because it allows me to focus more on super-heroes this year :sweet: