XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

And hopefully we get a few pics in the next few weeks, I would like to see how the X-Wing looks this time. It has to be a redesign and can´t be the same as 6212, since that one is 10 bucks less and has three more figs in exchange for an R5. Also I am interested in how the pilots look. Porkins has to get a new head with beard and the visor (favourably a double sided head with visor and one without) and the torso has to be a little different, too. Dutch Vander will probably end up like Zev Senesca but with a different helmet.

The Interceptor is also interesting. Since the price is twice as much as in 2005 the ship is probably going to be much bigger than in the movie like Grievous´ Starfighter last year.

How do you know what figures are with the x-wing? Or are you thinking of the minifigs with the TIE?

Edit: Apologies must have missed the info about the minifigs.

Edited by will

How do you know what figures are with the x-wing? Or are you thinking of the minifigs with the TIE?

Check the first post:

9493 X-Wing

Figs: 4 (Jek, R5-D8, Luke Skywalker & R2-D2)

Vehicles: X-Wing Fighter with markings as Red 5 or Red 6

The Interceptor is also interesting. Since the price is twice as much as in 2005 the ship is probably going to be much bigger than in the movie like Grievous´ Starfighter last year.

Seeing as 7256 is already ridiculously out of scale, it seems more likely that this new release will include lots of extras like 7868.

By the way, 9490 was already confirmed at $20.

Seeing as 7256 is already ridiculously out of scale, it seems more likely that this new release will include lots of extras like 7868.

Agreed. TLG seems to like adding in the little speeders and stuff.

Though if it's a good rendition of the Yavin IV base speeder, I won't complain.

Or it could just be a lot of 'figs.

Though if it's a good rendition of the Yavin IV base speeder, I won't complain.

I think you got confused with the new X-Wing, since what fallen is talking about is the new Jedi Interceptor.

I agree with fallen that the Interceptor is probably not much bigger. It may contain more pieces, since that's how LEGO seems to go with detailing and such, but it can't be too huge. The Mustafar droid could also be a lot of pieces, perhaps. And of course, there don't have to be a lot more pieces or an increase in size to warrant certain amounts of price increases. It all depends.

I think you got confused with the new X-Wing, since what fallen is talking about is the new Jedi Interceptor.

:wall:

That's what I get for glancing over the numbers. But hey, it was fallenangel talking. Naturally, I assumed he meant the X-wing. :poke:

For R5-D8 in the X-Wing, does anyone else figure it should be the same head mould for the astro in the upcoming Tie Fighter? or if that will be just exclusive for the Tie.

For R5-D8 in the X-Wing, does anyone else figure it should be the same head mould for the astro in the upcoming Tie Fighter? or if that will be just exclusive for the Tie.

Assuming it looks like the one that comes with the TIE fighter, it probably will have the new mold.

:excited:

Looking good. Well, other than Cody standing in for Gree. :laugh:

Droid Escape looks to be a definite buy, even if they appear to have made the pod taper majorly.

Hurray for winged Geonosians! :sweet: Might pick that one up, too.

X-wing - same basic design. :sadnew: At least they did the lower wings upside down this time.

Jedi Interceptor - Meh. It's ugly. Hopefully CW Anakin and Obi-Wan are just representing new 'figs in development.

Overall, from what I can see, Droid Escape is the only one I know I'll be buying.

At last!

Okay, they're blurry, but they give a decent idea. I'm seeing 2 Geonosians, with wings this time, Commander Cody as placeholder for Gree ( :sweet: ), as well as an ARC Trooper, who at this point is just half Wolfpack, half Phase II clone, and half clone commander. He's got an interesting looking backpiece, though.

Battlepacks look a bit more substantial than usual! Clone pack's got Rocket Battle Droids, hopefully a placeholder for the actual commandos, along with a mini artillery looking thing. A rock/tree looking formation in the Endor pack, along with a speeder. The escape pod's looking larger, stranger, and luckily, plenty more bricks than last time. Geonosian Cannon's like the Hoth Battle, a larger sized battlepack.

X-Wing's got the same cockpit, all I can tell from the pic is Luke and R-2. Jedi Interceptor has Anakin, Gunray, Obi-wan (?) security droid, and R-2. There's also a little window showing off the mining droid and platform, with Obi and Ani dueling on it. So far, it looks like they're using the Clone Wars version of these guys, which I hope they change in the actual release.

This is for when the pics are removed, of course. If it's still up, you can look at 'em for yourself.

Ok thanks Bane :thumbup:

X wing, nose and engine are better, If the back is better it is a buy

Droid escape buy the bike and pod is awesome

Jedi star fighter probaly not going to by

Battle packs going to buy for stormies and rebels Arc trooper I am a bit disappointed in

I've noticed that Anakin's JSF has a full astromech slot.

E: X-wing looks good, escape pod itself looks eh. Not a fan of the new Battlepacks.

No real opinion on the cannon.

Edited by simonjedi

Those have to be one of the most ridiculously preliminary sets of pictures I can remember. They have exactly 0% new figures, even preliminary new figures! Really I hope people won't get too overjoyed or bent out of shape about the sets from these pictures, because they are clearly far from complete.

There's not much to say based on these really, but it's nice to see them. At least it 100% confirms everything, not that I didn't believe it already. Now I'm looking forward to what all the new figures will actually look like :tongue:

I've noticed that Anakin's JSF has a full astromech slot.

Hmm. I know a lot of people wanted that, but that's going to be so bulky. I guess it should be an easy mod, though.

Hmm. I know a lot of people wanted that, but that's going to be so bulky. I guess it should be an easy mod, though.

Yeah, might get it.

The geo cannon is :drool: winged geos at last :thumbup: Still these are prelims

Excellent pictures - cheers! I'm liking the look of the Endor BP (will wait for some discounts and deals to army-build), and the new Droid Escape (but only if it's the right price).

Any sign of the LEGO 'Planet' sets?

Actually, with another look over these pictures I've noticed that it might confirm something I've been wondering: that Barriss will be a new figure. Since she has a "new" symbol next to her on the box pic, that means we'll be getting a CW version of Barriss. I never understood why LEGO made an EpIII Swamp Speeder anyway, but whatever. The odd thing is that Obi-Wan on the interceptor doesn't have a 'new' symbol, but also R2 is backwards or blank or something so that packaging is clearly under construction.

OMG, I guess I just fall in love with Droid Escape. I really though the original DE with some improvement, but this far is just overjoy :wub:.

X-Wing is, eh, I don't know why but there's no X-Wing that beautiful in my eyes anymore, since the original X-Wing.

JSF JSF :wub:.

Great pictures - thank you! Droid Escape and Endor BP for me! And probably and X-Wing or two...

Thank you very much for the link to these pictures, Bane! :classic:

The X-Wing doesn't look very exciting. But the new minifigure and the new droid surely will be (regrettably there are no pics of those two there). :sceptic:

The Endor BP doesn't look very exciting, too. I dislike that flick-fire missile and the tree which is mostly grey (it should be a tree, not a rock). Which is even bad is that there comes no new minifigure with the set. :thumbdown:

But although it's really a pity that the Sandtroopers don't wear white shoulder patterns (the only ones TLG hasn't done yet) and that there's no (new) Bantha included, Droid Escape is really an amazing set and for 27 Euros for it is even a (not cheap but) reasonable price. :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

The x-wing looks odd, bits are better bit I'm not convinced at all. Will wait for better pics before I pass final judgement.

None of them screams AWESOME to me :sceptic:

Did anyone realize the Jedi Interceptor has CWs Minifigures? :sick: Hopefully that will change..

The X-Wing looks alright to me, I'm not saying it's perfect :tongue:

The Geonosian Canon has new Geonosians so darker ones maybe?

The Droid Escape is by far one of the best of the new releases :sweet:

Can't wait for more!

droid escape - R2-D2

x-wing - R2-D2

jedi interceptor - R2-D2

TIE - R5-J2

x-wing - R5-D8

y-wing - R5-F7

2012 - Return of the Astromechs :laugh:

nice pics :vader: