Does somebody know where I can find THIS piece in sr3d buider?

Weird. Part 2850 IS in SR3D library, but doesn't show up even if you rebuild parts list. If you import the attached LDraw file, you'll get it... (but the part misses studs connections).

motor.zip

Weird. Part 2850 IS in SR3D library, but doesn't show up even if you rebuild parts list. If you import the attached LDraw file, you'll get it... (but the part misses studs connections).

Thanks for the fasr answer :thumbup:

I downloaded it and it works fine now. :classic:

I have now made a lego technic engine like this:

460051167_o.jpg

That's a lot of work :wacko:

But I finished it and it looks almost like the real one. If someone want it just say here, then I'll upload it to Brickshlef. :classic:

Edited by legolijntje

I have now made a lego technic engine like this:

460051167_o.jpg

That's a lot of work :wacko:

But I finished it and it looks almost like the real one. If someone want it just say here, then I'll upload it to Brickshlef. :classic:

Most definitely I'd like it posted!

This is preview video of some of the new features available from next release.

CURRENT RELEASE 0.5.6.12 STILL DOES NOT SUPPORT THAT

Enjoy... and patience (at least up to September) !!! :sweet:

Wow! I can't wait untill the next release. :thumbup::thumbup::classic:

Are there any other new functions in the next release?

Wow! I can't wait untill the next release. :thumbup: :thumbup: :classic:

Are there any other new functions in the next release?

Actually here is what is already been realized:

- support for worm to rack connections

- racks mechanism with a rotation axle coaxial with gear moving the rack

- suspensions (without spring animation)

- Linear actuators (regular and small) still need some deep tests

And this is what I would like to add

- The Animation Console: is a new TAB in toolbox where you can add references to animation beginning point with different behaviors (like buttons, switches, wheels etc) and so you can control your models animation like in real world

- maybe an optimized exporting tools for using with ray tracing software

That's all for now

Sergio

Edited by xSergio74

I know this is a popular question, but, are you working on a Mac version?

He always said he doesn't know how to do that, so I think he isn't.

Edited by legolijntje

worst case scenario you can always run a windows emulator :)

Doesn't work. I tried.

Hi,

most probably the problem is due to the fact I'm using MS DirectX instead of OpenGL library for my application graphics. Moreover, the shaders have been rewritten to allow back-face-lighting. This way VMWare emulation is not capable to emulate the graphic device needed by the application.

Mac world is not in my work so I really don't know how to help you...

Sergio

Hi,

here are just a pair of video of what you can expect from next release: the animation console !

Don't worry, September is not too late...

Sergio

Edited by xSergio74

Oh my MegaBloks! :oh:

At this rate, Sergio, I'm going to have to buy a PC just so I can run your program. :wub:

Hi,

here are just a pair of video of what you can expect from next release: the animation console !

Don't worry, September is not too late...

Sergio

Very nice. I can't wait! I really am enjoying this prog good work!

Funny thing, I can't see the media link in the post but I see the link in the quote while writing this hence how I saw the video. Cant see it when I preview either. I'll check my user CP.

Edited by Superkalle
removed pictures from quote

Okay I need help.. I can't get the shuttle from the website to load. It loads 370 pieces and stops responding. I haven't tried anything else yet as I'm used to MLCad and want to try the cool functions of this pgm. I need to force close and start over when I try to open it. I'm running it on a Win 7 / 64 bit machine that can handle anything. I have the LDraw library loaded correctly as well..I think. Not sure what else to try...

Okay I need help.. I can't get the shuttle from the website to load. It loads 370 pieces and stops responding. I haven't tried anything else yet as I'm used to MLCad and want to try the cool functions of this pgm. I need to force close and start over when I try to open it. I'm running it on a Win 7 / 64 bit machine that can handle anything. I have the LDraw library loaded correctly as well..I think. Not sure what else to try...

Hi,

try the following:

- Temporary rename the folder where MLCad / Ldraw are installed to something else

- Reinstall SR 3D Builder

- When asked for the folder to install the part library to, select something different from the folder where MLCad / Ldraw are installed by default (i.e c:\lDraw2)

- wait for installation completion

- Start SR3DBuilder

- when asked for the part library folder, choose c:\lDraw2 and wait for part list rebuilding (a pair of minutes or less)

- Close and Restart SR3DBuilder

- Everything should work now...

- You can now rename the folder where MLCad / Ldraw are installed to its default (c:\lDraw)

If everything works, then please make a ZIP file of your lDraw part library installation and upload it to a public file sharing (rapidshare, megaupload, ...) so I can analyze it and fix my application...

Thanks

Sergio

Okay so reinstalled exactly as you suggested and still can't open the Shuttle...BUT...

I decided to open some other files kicking around and they open perfectly. Small ones open instantly and a LDR of the UCS Falcon opened in about a minute. All the test files from the your website also load without an issue except the shuttle. Not sure what is wrong.

Hi,

I read a lot of positive things about your program :classic: . But I still have a question.

What are the limitations in file size of your program.

I use ldd but when the file is around 1 mb the program shuts down :cry_sad: .

I prever to make large creations in ldd. If you use this link you get an idea.

Can I make a creation with your program wich is bigger than the one in the link? it has about 30.000 bicks in it. If yes do you have a idea how big the creations are that you can make with your programs?

Edited by Calabar
Adjusted Link

upload the problematic file, so Sergio could take a look at it.

It's the one from his website. I downloaded it from there a few different times.

Hi,

I read a lot of positive things about your program :classic: . But I still have a question.

What are the limitations in file size of your program.

I use ldd but when the file is around 1 mb the program shuts down :cry_sad: .

I prever to make large creations in ldd. If you use this link you get an idea.

Can I make a creation with your program wich is bigger than the one in the link? it has about 30.000 bicks in it. If yes do you have a idea how big the creations are that you can make with your programs?

Hi,

never tested on such big models!

It works good enough with models up to 8-10000 parts (over 80 fps) on a 3 year old graphic adapter, but never tested with more bricks.

I can say that the application is very well optimized from graphic side, but some huge undo/redo operations with a big amount of parts can lead it to crash.

As suggestion, install my application, create or download a big model from my application forum (there is the over 5000 parts millenium falcon available), duplicate it as needed to reach your desired part count and then evaluate performance.

Also remember that technic parts are by far much more complex than standard brick parts, so a model with 2000 technic parts maybe it is huge as a 4-5000 one containing mostly bricks.

byes

Sergio

What does this program do when it can't find a parts file when opening a model. In MLCad you get a pop up stating it can't find the part, do you want to load anyway. I think this may be the reason why some of my models are hanging on load.

What does this program do when it can't find a parts file when opening a model. In MLCad you get a pop up stating it can't find the part, do you want to load anyway. I think this may be the reason why some of my models are hanging on load.

Hi,

if a part is not found, then the application should fill a part error list that you can show in the View.ErrorList menu option.

If the application hangs while loading your model, please submit it to me so I can check it. In the while, ensure that in the View.Preference dialog box the use Hires primitives is disabled and try loading your model.

Please feedback...

Sergio

So here I am again to announce the looooooooong awaited NEW release of my application.

There are many news, starting from the new website, now moved to

http://sr3dbuilder.altervista.org/ so please, update your bookmarks

Now to the application news: there are not too many, but they are all really interesting. Here is a brief:

Added

- Support for simplified racks mechanism (where a rotation axle is coaxial to gear)

- Support for suspensions (still not the spring)

- Support for Linear Actuators

- The Animation Console that allows you to create a console with your model animations starting points and

animating it in a 'real way'

- Support for reciprocal animation referred to a block to be considered fixed

- Support for worms to rack connection

- Support for building with Linear Actuators and shock absorbers

Fixed

- Many fixes in hinge animations: now only some unusual composed hinges should not work

- Racks slidings now limits to effective rack length

- Notification at part list rebuilding end

- Pressing Cancel when closing the application and asked to save, the application closes without saving your

model

- Selecting a part involved in Connection Solver cause occasionally application crash

Changed

- You now need to press CTRL with double click to instant move your selection to a new position

A demo video will be added later in this weekend to show all new features...

But there are also some maybe bad news for someone of you: to use most of the addiction you need to get a registration code for the application with a contribution of 35€.

The ones of you already made a donation of 25€ or more, will get this code for free; other people donating a lesser amount may integrate their donations to get registered.

The amount is about what you pay for a medium or small Lego set so I hope it is not going too much for any of you ;)

Enjoy building