MSM_546

8110 - Unimog U400 General Discussion

Whats wrong with ur pump?did they actually change the pump at all?mine works well.

I have one of the very first modells. I got mine end of June. Afterwards TLG remove the Unimog from the shelfs, because something with the pump was wrong. So I just want one of the new ones. I don't know what they change...

Regards,

Gerhard

Where did you find that banner that advertises for "Lego for Men"?

Unfortunately I cannot find the article on focus.de anymore. :cry_sad:

Sorry....

LOL, that sounds very plausible indeed...

Yeah, imajine what they would say if we corrected it by calling them simple! :sceptic:

I have the cash now. Buy one or no?

I have one 8110, and after next salary, im gonna buy next copy. Brillant and excellent set ! Buy now !

Has many people bought more than 1 unimog?

I've bought 2 so I can built the plow and the crane at the same time. This leaves a lot of extra parts, but I can always use them for something!

Has many people bought more than 1 unimog?

I bought two, mostly so I have a few more copies of the new bits to play with and because I got them at a reasonable price. I'm tempted to onsell another one because now that I have them I'm not as excited as I was (I actually bought four and onsold two, because Australia is a long way from places you can buy Unimogs and that made the postage per unit lower). What I am sad about is that someone on Bricklink was selling Unimog wheels cheaply and I didn't get my order in before they upped their price.

I bought two also, so I can have the plow and the crane at the same time too. The price in Australia will be about twice the European price, so I figured that buying from OS will be like a 'two for the price of one' deal (I had to come up with some way to justify it!). I now have lots of pieces left over, including the wheels, portal hubs, torque-tube pieces, suspension, differentials, CV joints, gears, etc.

And i'm think about buying a second one. But probably will wait till christmas and wait for a discount or 3 for 2 sale.

I think I'm gonna wait for some end-of-year sales and put one Unimog in storage, hopefully it will sell for $300 (or more) in a few years. 2 years ago, I bought the 8258 for €90, still regret that I didn't buy one or two more that day.

I think I can build the snow plough with parts from

8264 - Hauler (most of the panels)

8049 - Pneumatic Log loader (all the pneumatic parts)

and with leftovers from

8070 Supercar B-model (rest of the panels, cheating a bit)

8258 Crane Truck B-model (rest of the beams)

If I then still miss parts, I still have some in my collection, or else I cheat. :classic:

I think I can build the snow plough with parts from

8264 - Hauler (most of the panels)

8049 - Pneumatic Log loader (all the pneumatic parts)

and with leftovers from

8070 Supercar B-model (rest of the panels, cheating a bit)

8258 Crane Truck B-model (rest of the beams)

If I then still miss parts, I still have some in my collection, or else I cheat. :classic:

Yes u can as I said in snowplow topic I used 8264 and 8049, all u need off 8264 is the rear bed ;)

see this fun ha

Unfortunately there are no instructions :cry_sad:

Hello Olaf

I'm glad that you like my 1:20 scaled-down version of #8110 that fits the scale of the #8284 Technic Tractor.

Right, there are no instructions for any of my MOCs available, however, by scrutinizing the pictures you should be able to build your own copy, if you like.

Hint: My scale 1:20 UniMOC and the original #8110 shares two original parts - the pivot frame and the counterpart.

If the new #1 and #2 Technic Panels ever will be available in Orange, I will change the color of the cab to Orange ASAP.

Best regards

Carsten B. Thomsen (cbt), Denmark

Edited by cbt

Finished my first LEGO set since 15 years or so. What a difference with the old LEGO technic, but it was a great experience building the Unimog.

Photo%2027-08-11%2013%2030%2057%20(Medium).jpeg

Photo%2027-08-11%2014%2014%2052%20(Medium).jpeg

Photo%2027-08-11%2014%2017%2033%20(Medium).jpeg

Photo%2027-08-11%2014%2019%2020%20(Medium).jpeg

Photo%2027-08-11%2014%2021%2039%20(Medium).jpeg

Photo%2027-08-11%2014%2021%2053%20(Medium).jpeg

Finished my first LEGO set since 15 years or so. What a difference with the old LEGO technic, but it was a great experience building the Unimog.

Wow, really fantastic pictures! Very stylish and very bright! :thumbup:

Regards,

Gerhard

News from Lego about the pneumatic problem, that makes them removing all 8110 packages after a couple of days end of June.

I just had contact with the Lego-support. I explained them, that I have one of the very early modells (before the recall of all packages) and that I want to know what the pneumatic problem was. They then sent me a powerpoint presentation, that explained how to find out, if ones has a broken set. And it is NOT the pump, it is a problem with the small pneumatic-cylinder in the claw. That is - at least for me - astonishing, as the mini-cylinder is a long time used part.

These are basically the steps to find out, if you have a broken cylinder:

1) Switch on the pneumatic pump and bring the air to the rear PPTO.

2) Push the first two pneumatic controls upwards (the crain arm will raise and straighten completely)

3) Leave this two controls upwards and additionally push the third one (for the claw) downwards, leave the compressor running.

If after 10 - 30 seconds the crane arm will lower, then the mini cylinder is defect and the customer should get a new one.

I hope, this will help others and finaly will bring the last light into the known problem.

Regards,

Gerhard