Did some tinkering after a friend visited the other day. He was quite impressed with the unimog but asked me why there wasn't a "closed" frame on the loading bed.

Well there is now!

Nice. Small but efficient mods. Makes the model grow in my eyes.

-ED-

What's the part num for ur black wheels?Also u don't see closed backs that often on a mog ,the flatbed is very common on them so Lego got it spot on.

44772 on BL.

i could make instructions, but it needs massive modifications at the chassis and the cab to get enough space.

the serial cab is to narrow and short. i must pump it up to the scale dimensions.

The chassis is to short in front of the front axle and i had to shorten the fake engine 1 stud and move it one stud back and down.

i could make instructions, but it needs massive modifications at the chassis and the cab to get enough space.

the serial cab is to narrow and short. i must pump it up to the scale dimensions.

The chassis is to short in front of the front axle and i had to shorten the fake engine 1 stud and move it one stud back and down.

sounds not easy :hmpf_bad:

sounds not easy :hmpf_bad:

yes, much tries and errors. an example:

Building the chassis with two small pneumatic cylinders to lift the cab, and beginning with the cab. works

then implement the vario steering and the two small cylinders are not powerfull enough.

currently iam modify the front of the chassis to get the place for two big cylinders.

and iam waiting for more orange parts

I made a box today fitting in the back of the Unimog.

It's a box for carrying wood chips.

The only problem is that I'm not sure where the entrance is for the wood chips, the front of the back.

If it's the back, then you will have to remove the chipper before tipping and I have to make a 3 point lifunit.

If it's on the front I will have to make a pipe over the cab.

The chipper is the next thing to make.

I haven't got any pictures yet, they come when I am finished.

@ Henkl: I have operated a Wood Chipper, and they are common in logging operations here in the Pacific Northwest. The open part of the chip "box" is facing rearward. The chipper is towed, and the branches are places in the back (rear) of the chipper to shoot the chips forward into the box.

wood-chippers-375215.jpg

Edited by DLuders

yes, much tries and errors. an example:

Building the chassis with two small pneumatic cylinders to lift the cab, and beginning with the cab. works

then implement the vario steering and the two small cylinders are not powerfull enough.

currently iam modify the front of the chassis to get the place for two big cylinders.

and iam waiting for more orange parts

you can try the smal cilinders at the front of it or at the back so the weight of the cab is on the the pins of the front where the cab is attacht to the chassis

you can try the small cylinders at the front of it or at the back, so the weight of the cab is on the the pins of the front where the cab is attacht to the chassis

sorry, but i dont understand what you had written.

btw. the big cylinders are implemented at this time. works very smooth and easy in combination with the compressor

sorry, but i dont understand what you had written.

btw. the big cylinders are implemented at this time. works very smooth and easy in combination with the compressor

al right then for get what i have say

@DLuders.

We have got a chipper too but I will try to make one at the back of the Unimog or at the front whit a crane to enter the wood.

Work is in progress, pictures will follow.

I'm wondering how he split the PTO in two. Is there a clutch somewhere to switch between turning and lifting the mowing-arm ?

I'm wondering how he split the PTO in two. Is there a clutch somewhere to switch between turning and lifting the mowing-arm ?

I am not quite sure, if he really splits it. I think he just uses the turning table as a basis to mount the lifting arm.

Regards,

Gerhard

For anyone interested iv just nearly finished motorizing my unimog,i went by a youtube clip i seen and its the best iv seen yet!

Works great and the mog has very good torque and the steering works like a charm too,

You will see the parts and instruction in the clip,the best thing was where we placed the motor its nearly like lego intended it to be there and best of all its still 4X4 :)

Id even go as far as saying that it would be great outdoor on offroad :)

Thanks to 1plaz62 for sharing this.

Heres the clip!maybe someone can fix the link to come up properly!

Heres the clip!maybe someone can fix the link to come up properly!

TA DA :laugh:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Did also some testing this morning on the RC-mod by 1plaz62.

It does work like a charm. :thumbup:

Now i've got to order me some extra motors and RC-things. :thumbdown: