Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Out of curiosity, are there any other rooms in Heroica Hall? Bedrooms, armories, stables, etc.? No pictures would be needed; just wondering since roleplaying some chatter with no real purpose is not something I do well.

Sorry, forgot to answer this question. There are of course other rooms in Heroica Hall (such as the residences of the leaders and the servants), but they are not accessible to the public. The adventurers do not sleep there, but at inns or their own homes. The organization does not provide any equipment for the heroes either, but it does own ships and horses for travelling purposes. In general, think of the building as a guild house or a community center, to give you a better idea of it. :wink:

Sandy would you mind if I edited my character (just his picture I don't want to change his class, gender or anything like that. And all I want to is change his face).

Of course you can change your character's appearance. I wish you would post a 100x100 pixel avatar for him, too, since the one I made for him will be wrong then.

I have a character made up here, so to join, do I just appear in the Heroica Hall, and give a bit of backstory?

Yes, and also post the required information to your signature. Just look at how the others have done it, if you're not sure. :wink:

Sorry, forgot to answer this question. There are of course other rooms in Heroica Hall (such as the residences of the leaders and the servants), but they are not accessible to the public. The adventurers do not sleep there, but at inns or their own homes. The organization does not provide any equipment for the heroes either, but it does own ships and horses for travelling purposes. In general, think of the building as a guild house or a community center, to give you a better idea of it. :wink:

Ah. Okay. I'll remember that next time I roleplay leaving the saloon.

Hi. I have a character, and all of his stats, and I'm trying to make it my signature, but for some reason, I can't get the picture to be the right size, so, for the avatar size pic I need, what is the width and height in centimetres so I can resize the pic to fit?

Hi. I have a character, and all of his stats, and I'm trying to make it my signature, but for some reason, I can't get the picture to be the right size, so, for the avatar size pic I need, what is the width and height in centimetres so I can resize the pic to fit?

Putting a ruler up to my screen, I'd try 2x2 cm.

Putting a ruler up to my screen, I'd try 2x2 cm.

Thanks, I'll try it.

Thanks, I'll try it.

Alternatively, 100x100 pixel avatars, so convert 100 pixels into centimeters.

Trotter, a Ranger Hobbit? Somebody knows his Lord of the Rings. :grin:

I've already just posted my first post in the Heroica hall topic.

I can resize it for you a bit later. May I ask that you change "hobbit" to a "halfling", since hobbits are exclusive to the Lord of the Rings franchise, while halfling has become the generic term for that type of a fantasy race. Thank you!

Evidently the Ranger class is quite popular. :laugh: I had thought the Knight or Rogue would be the most popular.

I can resize it for you a bit later. May I ask that you change "hobbit" to a "halfling", since hobbits are exclusive to the Lord of the Rings franchise, while halfling has become the generic term for that type of a fantasy race. Thank you!

Halfling it is!

Evidently the Ranger class is quite popular. :laugh: I had thought the Knight or Rogue would be the most popular.

There's an equal amount of Rangers as there are Knights and Rogues number five, so they do follow closely behind :wink: . I did expect to see more Mages, though, just a meagre 2 of them at the moment :hmpf_bad: .

I also expected more Mages. The third Quest is practically made for them. Ah, I'm sure some of these Advanced Classes will call for more Mage characters. :sweet: Wonder what a Rogue/Mage'll be called...

I do have some bad news for some of you enthusiastic players: the amount of sign-ups to all quests have risen so high that unfortunately not everyone will get into the three quests that start initially. I'm totally overwhelmed and thankful for the interest the game has garnered, and I assure you that each and everyone of you will get to play in a quest at some point in the future. I just don't think I can handle hosting any more than three quests at a time, but in the future I hope there will be other quest hosts to offer new adventures as well.

I'm very interested in hosting one once the first set of challenges, or so, has passed. I'll post in the other thread once I have some ideas.

I'd also be interested to host a Quest eventually, but I'll have to see first how these play out :classic: .

I too will hopefully host a quest sooner or later!

Also, I'd like to apologize to all Orcs and ladies in the thread. If all our characters were super likable and got along fine, it would be a bore. :grin: Nothing wrong with throwing a drunk, racist (Orcs are a race, yes?), flirtatious old man into the mix. I'l make sure he has some redeemable qualities at some point as well. :tongue: The only issue is that I like Cronk a lot, but I can't befriend him. It's going great so far Sandy, but boy am I afraid of not being chosen for a Quest!

Hosting does sound interesting. If I'm clear on the rules once the first few Quests start, I'll try to host one.

The only issue is that I like Cronk a lot, but I can't befriend him.

He's really fun to play as well. He's like Cookie Monster in armor. And hey, you never know. They might get thrown together on a quest and learn to be friends. Nothing like trying to survive in a hostile environment to bring people (beings?) closer together.

I also hope to try my hand at hosting once a few games have been played.

It's going great so far Sandy, but boy am I afraid of not being chosen for a Quest!

I won't even consider taking you in before you put your character into your signature. For shame! :tongue:

And all the quest hosting offers are very much appreciated. It's not that hard to do, once you know how the game works by heart. :wink:

Also, I'd like to apologize to all Orcs and ladies in the thread.

No offence taken, Zepher....

...so far... :tongue:

But if you attempt to turn my character into something she's not, you can expect her to defend her honour! :devil:

Finally! I've been waiting for this!

I have a quick question though. Due to other RL commitments, I won't be able to join in with Heroica until next week. Will this pose a problem?

Just to throw this out there, when this game was first introduced here, the classes/jobs and weapons really reminded me of those in Realm of the Mad God, a silly retro RPG-like adventure game. I imagine the advanced classes will be something like those in this game (of course, you have to unlock them first to know what they are). Or just look here.

Just to throw this out there, when this game was first introduced here, the classes/jobs and weapons really reminded me of those in Realm of the Mad God, a silly retro RPG-like adventure game. I imagine the advanced classes will be something like those in this game (of course, you have to unlock them first to know what they are). Or just look here.

Yeah, I know I'm not the admin of the game, but I'd like to see an advanced class thing as well. My thought is that when you reach level 21, your original class can then have the option to switch to one of two new classes. For example, a Rogue would have the option to become an Assassin or a Myrmidon (or something of the sort). Apply that to any other class, etc. Just a thought. ;-D

~FB~

Yeah, I know I'm not the admin of the game, but I'd like to see an advanced class thing as well. My thought is that when you reach level 21, your original class can then have the option to switch to one of two new classes. For example, a Rogue would have the option to become an Assassin or a Myrmidon (or something of the sort). Apply that to any other class, etc. Just a thought. ;-D

If you read through this topic, you'll see that Advanced Classes (which haven't yet all been revealed - the only one I know of is the Druid, a combination of the Ranger and Cleric classes) unlock at Level 15. Edited by Brickdoctor