Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"Finally some class in these great halls!" Althior says, "Do you mind?" Althior asks, about to take a seat.

Cronk not mind if mage sits with Cronk. Cronk always happy to make new friends. That one of Cronk's two favorite things; bashing evil and making friends. :sweet:

To better my chances for an adventure I shall sign up for Quest 2as well. I also wish to check the mead prices :drunk:

I was thinking the same thing.

Bacari signs up for Quest #3 - The missing Matriarch (That's what it's called right? :blush:

And to get ready for unnecessary trouble, Bacari stands up, puts his foot on the crossbow and heaves the string back up and loads a bolt. He glances around, and satisfied no one came up behind during his 5 second exercise, sits back down.

Cronk not mind if mage sits with Cronk. Cronk always happy to make new friends. That one of Cronk's two favorite things; bashing evil and making friends. :sweet:

"Thank you Cronk!" Althior says with a grin, " My name is Althior Emorith, I'm a nomad. I never stay anywhere for a long period of time, but this place might be different." He says looking around. "Now where do you come from, Cronk?"

Cronk comes from Goblonia far away. Cronk like nomad, too. Cronk search whole world for evil to bash. Cronk hopes Heroica people find him lots of evil to bash. Make Cronk happy.

What make Ranger Docken and Mage Althior happy? Bashing evil, maybe? Cronk hope so. Cronk likes thought of bashing evil with new friends.

"Bashing evil is very fun. What's more fun is turning them into toads or snails and then bashing them. :tongue: I also like to search the world and find rare artifacts, which I hope to do on these quests. What about you Bartholomew? Where do you come from?"

Ranger Docken will be Cronk's friend? Come have buttermilk with Cronk. Is good and warm.

That I will. :classic:

What make Ranger Docken and Mage Althior happy? Bashing evil, maybe?

Bashing evil is good. Bashing evil and being paid for it is better. But bashing evil, being paid for it, and doing it with friends is best. :sweet:

What about you Bartholomew? Where do you come from?"

I am one of the Forestmen. Needless to say, we live in the forest. More information can be found in the library.

Bashing evil is good. Bashing evil and being paid for it is better. But bashing evil, being paid for it, and doing it with friends is best. :sweet:

"I care not for pay, but for reputation and bashing evil with friends. Cronk, I see you signed up for Quest #3, as did I. Do you have any reasoning behind it than bashing evil?"

I care not for pay,

Maybe you don't, but I do. Not everything is free here. The money for my new house has to come from somewhere. :wink:

Atramor finally sits up in his stool and yawns loudly. Scheherazade slams an empty mug on the counter in front of him. It seems to wake him up, judging by the jump into the air he takes, and tumbles off the chair.

"Jeez, I'll get a room next time," he grumbles, rubbing the bruised back of his head.

McCafferey flaps back onto his hat. Atramor leaves the saloon. He mumbles incoherently at the 'Under Renovation' sign on the Marketplace entrance, and decides to take a walk through the Hero Gallery. Squeezed in between Asinine Gibbet and Archibald Gorkins is Atramor Gibbin. Joy. He glances at the plaqued portraits of some of the oldest and most experienced Heros. He resists the urge to rip the gold plaquard off the wall

"We're gonna get one of these spots someday, Caff. Mark my words."

Elgar walks to the bar and asks for a pint of ale and the fish of the day. He sits down and eats up quickly. he then walks up to the bar to here the latest gossip from around the port. Elgar tells the long story abut his raid on a chicken farm when the owner did not pay his taxes, drinks up another pint of ale then leaves

I agree, without money how will you buy mead and ale :grin:

The food and drink is free, remember?

The food and drink is free, remember?

Let's not get back to the paying for drinks discussion. :laugh: We were at risk for a barfight 2 times already.

Let's not get back to the paying for drinks discussion. :laugh: We were at risk for a barfight 2 times already.

Apologies. People who try to make funny remarks when they don't understand the situation tend to annoy me. :wink: Edited by Brickdoctor

Maybe you don't, but I do. Not everything is free here. The money for my new house has to come from somewhere. :wink:

"What I mean is that money is not everything. I need it, but it's not a top priority. Well, actually it is, but it's not why I would sign up for a quest just because the pay is good, it's because I want to help the public."

Yes indeed, you almost attacked a women for a few messily coins. Not very chivalrous of you sir if you don't mind me saying.

You could have simply asked for your money back. All those threats were quite unnecessary:hmpf_bad:.

Though perhaps I'm being to critical. Forgive me sir I meant nothing by it. I'm just so shocked by the lack of manners in this establishment:sadnew:.

"I care not for pay, but for reputation and bashing evil with friends. Cronk, I see you signed up for Quest #3, as did I. Do you have any reasoning behind it than bashing evil?"

Missing mage lady sounded like might need Cronk's help. Probably some evil thing took her. Maybe mages on quest need help bashing something evil. As for reward, Cronk not care what reward is. Cronk has rescued many old ladies. Sometimes they no can pay Cronk. Cronk happy just to bash evil. If Cronk should get something shiny, Cronk can sell and get bigger sword for bashing bigger evil.

Cronk hopes Cronk's friends find things that make them happy, too. Maybe Cronk come visit Ranger Docken's house sometime. Maybe Cronk like to look at strange artifacts that Mage Althior talk about. Cronk enjoys spending time with Cronk's friends.

Though perhaps I'm being to critical. Forgive me sir I meant nothing by it. I'm just so shocked by the lack of manners in this establishment :sadnew:.

As am I. Though between the amount of rogues here and the prejudice against orcs some appear to harbor, I suppose it's not much of a surprise.

Maybe Cronk come visit Ranger Docken's house sometime.

I'd like that.

Once I've actually got the money and bought it, that is. :blush: For now, I'm staying at the inn up the street. How about you? Or are you sleeping at the bar like that guy with the chicken?

For now, I'm staying at the inn up the street. How about you? Or are you sleeping at the bar like that guy with the chicken?

Cronk not decided yet. If there is room at inn up street, that fine with Cronk. If not, Cronk sleep under stars outside town. Cronk not afraid of dark anymore. And if evil should interrupt Cronk's sleep, Cronk bash it.

As am I. Though between the amount of rogues here and the prejudice against orcs some appear to harbor, I suppose it's not much of a surprise.

Indeed, I must admit that during my rather sheltered youth I had the same misconceptions about the orkish people, but over the course of my travels I have met many orks, and even traveled with one. And I have come to realize that though their are evil orks their are also many good orks as well, just as with the many other races that inhabit this land.

Though as for the roughs sir, they have done little to contradict the "preconceptions" I left my home with.

But enough about me my good sir. What of you? What forest specifically do you come from? For I hear that the forest people inhabit many different forests and only come together on rare occasions.

Edited by Fred Fred Burger

But enough about me my good sir. What of you? What forest specifically do you come from? For I hear that the forest people inhabit many different forests and only come together on rare occasions.

That's something I cannot tell you. To reveal where I come from could lead to a Crusader investigation. Edited by Brickdoctor

Tesni cannot resist the tempting odour coming from the bar, excusing herself from the seemingly sleeping rouge elf, she makes her way to the bar.

"Is that pie I smell lady innkeeper? Might I take a slice?"

A plate piled with meat pie, mashed rootveg and rich gravy is slid across. Tesni searches out a table and sits down at one. Unsure of her new tablemates she tucks in to the steaming hot food.

"Ah, not had a meal like this since the winterday festival at Middlevillage!"

The smell of smoke filled the dimly lit room. All manner of rouges and outlaws shuffled and argued while drinking their mugs of ale. The innkeeper stood behind the counter, washing mugs and staring at his many guests with a look of disgust. Then a small voice said "Are there any rooms available?" Without shifting his gaze, the innkeeper mumbled "Down the hall on the left." After a few minutes, an orc and a man started fighting, arguing over a small pile of gold sitting on the table. Some people started to try to stop the brawl, but most cheered it on. The innkeeper started yelling for the place to settle down, when, suddenly, an arrow flew past the brawler's heads and hit the wall behind them. Everything went quiet, and all the people in the room turned to see the source of the shot. To everyone's surprise,in the corner of the room stood a stool, and on the stool stood a Hobbit, unstringing his bow. The innkeeper said "Who are you?" The Hobbit put his bow back in his quiver and hopped off the stool. "I'm Trotter, and I believe I shall be taking my business elsewhere." With that, Trotter turned around and left the inn. He then made his way to Heroica Hall.

That's something I cannot tell you. To reveal where I come from could lead to a Crusader investigation.

"Indeed the crusaders are often "overzealous" when carrying out the lords work, often to the detriment of others."

"And greetings small friend" he said turning to the Halfling, Trotter who had just entered the room. "I sense much courage within you, and I hope you will aid us in our quests to ride he world of evil."