Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Anyway, I have another question. How much will it follow the actual story of the board game? Will their be a dark druid quest later on? Or maybe the Ork king leading a rebellion?

Sorry for all my annoying questions.

The boardgames are actually a sort of prequel to this game. This game takes place 250 years later, and the events depicted in the boardgame are known as the Orcish Invasion. But you'll learn more about it eventually. :wink:

And I'd rather have people asking question than play without having a clue about the game. :grin:

The boardgames are actually a sort of prequel to this game. This game takes place 250 years later, and the events depicted in the boardgame are known as the Orcish Invasion. But you'll learn more about it eventually. :wink:

Besides, last I checked, the boardgame didn't have families named after Hinckley, Siegfried, and Shadows. :tongue:

Is it one weapon per hand, or could I theoretically have 2 small daggers (one in each) that count as one? Also, can I add more weapons purely for cosmetic purposes. :tongue:

Thanks for the help Brickdocter and K-nut, I had no idea about the 10 posts thing, and I think I will go introduce myself sometime later today.

And Sandy, Orcish Invasion huh ,sounds cool. Every good fantasy world needs some epic back story.

Man I can't wait to go questing.:grin:

Is it one weapon per hand, or could I theoretically have 2 small daggers (one in each) that count as one? Also, can I add more weapons purely for cosmetic purposes. :tongue:

Yes, you can put "Daggers (WP:3)" into your inventory, for example, and have your character wield two daggers. Additional weapons on your minifig is fine, just as long as you don't put them into your inventory.

Hmmm, I could join Quest #2, as well, I guess :hmpf_bad: . But I think I'd rather leave a slot open for someone who hasn't had the opportunity yet to enlist in one of the Quest.

Will you be hosting all three Quests yourself, Sandy? I imagine that's got to be a lot of work :wacko: .

Hmmm, I could join Quest #2, as well, I guess :hmpf_bad: . But I think I'd rather leave a slot open for someone who hasn't had the opportunity yet to enlist in one of the Quest.

Like I said, you will only be chosen into one quest, no matter how many quests you sign into. If there are loads of sign-ups, some players may even be left outside these three quests altogether. But nevertheless, I will pick out those who get to play in each quest myself, regardless of the order they signed up in.

Will you be hosting all three Quests yourself, Sandy? I imagine that's got to be a lot of work :wacko: .

Yes, I will, and I imagine it will be too. :tongue: But I'm sure other people will get into hosting their own quests eventually as well. At least I hope they do...

Does a spear count as a throwing weapon? Looking forward to this but I am not sure if I will have coleected the pieces for my mini figure in time for the first quests. This will be fun and the art looks amazing :sweet::thumbup:

Does a spear count as a throwing weapon? Looking forward to this but I am not sure if I will have coleected the pieces for my mini figure in time for the first quests. This will be fun and the art looks amazing :sweet::thumbup:

No, spears are a category of their own, and they are not ranged weapons in this game.

I can always help building the minifig for you, if you can't do it yourself for some reason. After all, I did the minifigs for Shadows and Dragonator as well. :tongue:

Just like Sandy offered, I too, volunteer to build and photograph a minifigure if someone hasn't got the parts, etc. to make one :classic: . Just shoot me a PM or post in this topic.

I'd like to say first that, even though my collection is reasonable, I don't really have a lot of the newer minfig parts (it's been a while since I bought any new sets). I do have plenty of older stuff, though.

Will you be posting the test quest, both for our learning experience and our enjoyment? I'd advise it... but then again, you're probably three or four steps ahead of me and already planning to do so.

Will you be posting the test quest, both for our learning experience and our enjoyment? I'd advise it... but then again, you're probably three or four steps ahead of me and already planning to do so.

No, because there has been many changes to the rules during and after testing, and posting it would only cause confusion. However, I am planning to host a similar quest as the test quest again some day.

If you're interested in a closer look at the MOC I built for Heroica Hall, I just posted a topic about it in the History forum. Go check it out!

Did I get everything in my post?

Nice to have more female heroes on board! I took the liberty to make a new avatar for Alexis (and Fred Fred's Sir Christopher) for the Gallery, since the one you made was a bit too small.

Aside from that, you forgot to add a Potion to your inventory (everyone starts out with one). Otherwise you're good to go!

Wow, This looks super interesting! Will there be mechanics for druids as a class?

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Yes, one of the advanced classes is Druid, namely the mix of a Cleric and a Ranger. But more on those when somebody actually reaches Level 15. :wink:

Nice to have more female heroes on board! I took the liberty to make a new avatar for Alexis (and Fred Fred's Sir Christopher) for the Gallery, since the one you made was a bit too small.

Aside from that, you forgot to add a Potion to your inventory (everyone starts out with one). Otherwise you're good to go!

Just any one of the potions from the list?

Just any one of the potions from the list?

She means a Potion. It's a specific item, not a category. :thumbup:

Great job here!I´ll definitely join this mighty bunch of heroes and heroines.

Some questions first:

I got my character ready but I do not have picture for it yet as my minifigures aren´t with me at the time. Can I still start? I wanna start right way in one of this first quests if possible.

Also sign up for the quests ends Friday but when does the quest start? I´m going somewhere for the week and only return on Sunday.

If not,I´ll sit around this time and wait till I have everything ready.

About the game play,isn´t the experience/leveling up a bit fast?One battle one level...but you probably tested it so it works :laugh:

Anyway congratulations,I´m looking for to get into the action. Also I hope I get to quest with Ellaria soon :blush:

Cya

Yes, one of the advanced classes is Druid, namely the mix of a Cleric and a Ranger. But more on those when somebody actually reaches Level 15. :wink:

Well, sign me up! Do you mind if I make a character and add pictures tomorrow when I get back to my collection?

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Some questions first:

I got my character ready but I do not have picture for it yet as my minifigures aren´t with me at the time. Can I still start? I wanna start right way in one of this first quests if possible.

Also sign up for the quests ends Friday but when does the quest start? I´m going somewhere for the week and only return on Sunday.

If not,I´ll sit around this time and wait till I have everything ready.

About the game play,isn´t the experience/leveling up a bit fast?One battle one level...but you probably tested it so it works :laugh:

Anyway congratulations,I´m looking for to get into the action. Also I hope I get to quest with Ellaria soon :blush:

Cya

The quests start on either next week's Saturday or Sunday, so you should be back in time for them, worry not. And there's no rush with the picture.

The leveling might seem fast, but it also keeps up the sense of progression. Also, I'm not a computer, so I'm really not going to start counting any experience points. :tongue:

As far as Ellaria goes, she will only join a quest that is hosted by someone else but me. I can't well host a quest and play in it at the same time, can I?

This reminds me, there's a distinct lack of Clerics in the game at this point, even though healers are the backbone of any party.

Well, sign me up! Do you mind if I make a character and add pictures tomorrow when I get back to my collection?

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I don't mind at all, as long as you do the picture eventually. :wink:

Hi friends, I've stumbled across this and it looks superb! Is there any chance of a 'quick start', bullet-point guide of how to join and enjoy it?

Particularly timely as am just beginning to get back into Castle!!

Thanks if poss!

Is there any chance of a 'quick start', bullet-point guide of how to join and enjoy it?

Read the rules, please. I don't want any "tl;dr" types in the game. :wink: