Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Baritones 3 Confirmation and Discussion thread

But Papa Hinckles, I want it noooooow.

I should not have sat out Belville. I haven't played mafia since March, I'm already pouring way too much time into watching the thread. I better get killed quickly this time round if I want a life for the next two months.

Does this mean that we are not playing with the classic Hinckley set up of only one unvote per day?

Stupid question, I know, but hosts have been known to forget things, there's a lot to organize! :laugh:

And, he remembered! :laugh:

6031219911_35aec1c959.jpg

We're, We're,

We're all BLUE!!!

Edited by Eskallon

6031219911_35aec1c959.jpg

We're, We're,

We're all BLUE!!!

...?

That happens a lot more often than you think. :tongue:

...?

That happens a lot more often than you think. :tongue:

What, you've crushed my deepest most inner dreams :cry3:

I never look at whose viewing unless I have posted something I want people to actually look at. :wink:

:laugh: Blues ho!

Does the blue mean we are all counts and up?:look:

I have no idea what the blue means, I guess it has something to do with the amount of posts you've made. It could also have something to do with the game as Hinckley wanted everyone to explain the word portal.

I have no idea what the blue means, I guess it has something to do with the amount of posts you've made. It could also have something to do with the game as Hinckley wanted everyone to explain the word portal.

Read Belville Mafia.

Yes, as explained at the bottom of this post about EB ranks. :classic:

Thank you for clearing this up. We didn't want to hear how I would've worded it. :hmpf:

Would the word 'fuckwit' be in your wording? :tongue:

Edited by Roncanator

Would the word 'fuckwit' be in your wording? :tongue:

Close... :laugh:

But in Bloodbrick he was quite conservative, and innocent town.

There's a good chance that you're just duplicating your paranoia from the Forest here. By 'immediately,' I guess you actually meant, 'Hours later, when I caught up with the thread.'

I think that's meta-gaming... and while we don't have a rule for it in this game, it's generally frowned upon I think... :sceptic: Sorry to call you out buddy, but you may want to shy away from it... is this rude? I'm sorry if it is. no offense was meant, it just irks me when you use SPECIFIC old games as a reasoning to get someone voted off. :wub: Don't hate me!

I would call it metagaming and although there's no specific rule, I'm not above adding one. My application for this game does say I would kill off repeat metagaming offenders. So, let's be careful of this sort of thing. I was lynched in Mystical Castle for doing just this...and well because of stupid Zepher, but people were pretty pissed off at me for referencing other games. As far as EB mafia games, this behavior should stop. Thanks.

And really, once this game is over, we should discuss the need for this rule in the future. Perhaps EB, and our small pool of mafia players, has outgrown this rule. Granted, judging people by their past moves could be a good or bad tactic, but since there's a game in progress, we should wait until it's over. For now, no metagaming.

Yes, from now on, I read a book called the Forest, and saw Zepher in a play called Bloodbrick. On top of that, nobody will target Shadows or Dragonator night one, and n00bs won't be safe until the end because they're naive, because we're not meta-gaming :wink:

Anyway, I'll respect the game boundaries during this game, but, yes, I think we need to have a discussion after his game about how seriously we enforce this meta-game rule, since it's a given that everyone meta-games. The only way to start with a clean slate it to sign up to a new forum and play with strangers each game. Since we don't want to start a game with strangers each time, meta-gaming should be considered a given. Now I'm off to go read some more 'plays' :hmpf:

Sorry Def. You know I love you. :wub: I would like to participate in this chat afterwards too, I'm interested in it. But afterwards. Sorry for dragging it up.

Sorry Def. You know I love you. :wub: I would like to participate in this chat afterwards too, I'm interested in it. But afterwards. Sorry for dragging it up.

No worries, but keep in mind your posts here are meta-gaming.

get someone voted off

By someone, you mean you, and by get voted off, you mean place a single vote and explain the reasoning for it. Your very phrasing affects the game I'm playing by the light you choose to cast it in.

There is no escaping meta-gaming, particularly in the Confirmation and Discussion thread, it seems :laugh:

No worries, I'm not offended at all, but it's better to send it to the game host rather than post about it, if something like this comes up again :sweet:

Hey, quiet back there. Don't make me turn this car around! :ugh:

I think that's meta-gaming... and while we don't have a rule for it in this game, it's generally frowned upon I think... :sceptic: Sorry to call you out buddy, but you may want to shy away from it... is this rude? I'm sorry if it is. no offense was meant, it just irks me when you use SPECIFIC old games as a reasoning to get someone voted off. :wub: Don't hate me!

As someone who has been metagamed once or twice, I feel safe in sayings ... cry me a river. :tongue:

But yes, it is, and it should stop. Especially when done to me. :wink:

But yes, it is, and it should stop. Especially when done to me. :wink:

I was under the impression that you were the reason behind the "no metagaming" rule in the first place. :tongue:

I was under the impression that you were the reason behind the "no metagaming" rule in the first place. :tongue:

Interestingly enough the first game that had this rule, as far as I've been able to find, was Infection. But I'm pretty sure we had that rule earlier than that.. does anyone remember? :blush:

Interestingly enough the first game that had this rule, as far as I've been able to find, was Infection. But I'm pretty sure we had that rule earlier than that.. does anyone remember? :blush:

It became a buzz-word during Mystical Castle. That was the first time I had it defined for me. I was trying to convince everyone to kill Shadows, even though I knew he was Town. I was the serial killer and never got to kill anyone because the game host gave me away. :hmpf::tongue: Anyway, I wanted Shadows dead no matter what so I kept referencing how conniving he had been in the past and that was greeted with a lynch mob. :cry_sad: That was only the second time I've been voted out of a game... :grin:

vote: Barbara (Bob The Construction Man).

If I didn't count Sandy's vote because he forgot the paranthesis (is that really why I didn't count it? :look: ) I'm certainly not going to count this crap. :tongue:

I'm just amazed Shadows is actually a real person after his repeated (non-player) characters in Fabuland Housewives Mafia School :laugh:

Yeah I'm surprised Hinckley hasn't Mod killed him yet to start the Shadows ordeal :tongue:. I kind of miss that. :cry_sad:

I also know why Agent Sky died! He didn't have the classic smily face! *oh2* That's also why the Minifigs left town.

I was the serial killer and never got to kill anyone because the game host gave me away. :hmpf::tongue:

And then it ended up being Zepher who made the case better than you when he denied that I had protected him that night. Scummy bitch. :laugh:

I'm just amazed Shadows is actually a real person after his repeated (non-player) characters in Fabuland Housewives Mafia School :laugh:

I've died more in a game. Killed more, too. :devil:

But yes, I'm real. As real as any of us staff bots. In a recent poll, I was determined to be 20% more real that Hinckley, except when he's a witch. Sadly, he's always a witch. With an ugly tombstone. You'll have to learn your mafia history to get any of that, but it's worth it. :wink: