Oky

Disney 2012 Discussion Thread

Rumors from this blog:

LEGO will be utilizing the Disney licence within Duplo, releasing a range of Disney Princess sets. This will be similar to the previous Duplo Princess range, and will include Snow White, Princess Aurora and Cinderella amongst others.

What was a notable omission from the information is Pirates of the Caribbean. It’s entirely possible there will be more, but at this stage I would say that the odds are against it

9478 Francesco Bernoulli - $6.99 USD / 12.95 AUD / 7,99 €

9478-1.jpg

9479 Ivan Mater - $6.99 USD / 12.95 AUD / 7,99 €

9479-1.jpg

9480 Finn McMissile - $6.99 USD / 12.95 AUD / 7,99 €

9480-1.jpg

9481 Jeff Gorvette - $6.99 USD / 12.95 AUD / 7,99 €

9481-1.jpg

9483 Agent Mater's Escape - $14.99 USD / 24.95 AUD / 17,99 €

9483-1.jpg

9484 Red's Water Rescue - $19.99 USD / 34.95 AUD / 24,99 €

9484-1.jpg

9485 Ultimate Race Set - $29.99 USD / 49.95 AUD / 29,99 €

9485-1.jpg

9486 Oil Rig Escape - $49.99 USD / 79.95 AUD / 59,99 €

9486-1.jpg

6151: Sleeping Beauty's Room

6151-1.jpg

6152: Snow White's Cottage

6152-1.jpg

6153: Cinderella's Carriage

6153-1.jpg

6154: Cinderella's Castle

6154-1.jpg

Well, there goes the awesome licensed theme streak. :sadnew:

What makes you say that?

LEGO will be utilising the Disney licence within Duplo, releasing a range of Disney Princess sets. This will be similar to the previous Duplo Princess range, and will include Snow White, Princess Aurora and Cinderella amongst others.

This I like.

-Omi

What makes you say that?

Unless CallMePieOrDie was referring to the apparent continued absence of Indiana Jones from the post-2009 lineup, I have to second Oky's question.

Cars went from DUPLO to System. Now let's cross our fingers to see Princess go from DUPLO to System; I can use those female figs.

~tin7_creations

System. Duplo sets have different numbers.

LEGO will be utilising the Disney licence within Duplo, releasing a range of Disney Princess sets. This will be similar to the previous Duplo Princess range, and will include Snow White, Princess Aurora and Cinderella amongst others.

Duplo?! Nooo!!! :cry_sad:

My fairytale dreams are crushed...

As tin7 said, if anything, this is good news as it shows that Lego is indeed interested in selling products based on Disney classics, so we just might see System Disney Princesses some day! :sweet: After all, Disney makes dreams come true! :grin:

I'm surprised not to see any more PoTC sets, since they went to all the trouble of making a Video Game. :sceptic:

Not that I really mind though, I never liked the movies.

I want Princess LEGO sets, no duplo, that would mean some awesome figures and colourful sets :classic:

Yeah, unless they include those hideous new "girlie" minifigures that we're about to get in the new System theme. :hmpf_bad:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Unless the upcoming girls' theme bombs pretty badly, I don't think there's much chance of seeing Disney princesses as System minifig products. If the Duplo line does well and TLC wants to broaden the license, the new cutiefigs would be a more natural way to do that, both esthetistically (sic) and considering the shared target group.

Of course, the girls' theme could bomb... but even in that case, I wouldn't count on TLC people to suddenly turn their heads completely and see the normal minifigs as the most suitable medium for capturing the girls. They have adamantly avoided that option, obvious as it is, since Paradisa. It is not a coincidence, be their reasons right or wrong.

So many extra Cars2 sets - I'm not sure about that. The princess range in Duplo....hmmm, perhaps after they could use the Friends subtheme figure designs for the princess theme ? :wink:

No word on a cartoon based new theme, must be a mid year thing again ? :wink:

Cars= :thumbup:.

Princess= :thumbdown:.

I guess the Princess theme is Duplo so nothing bad about that. I'm really looking forward to Cars though, especially Oil Rig escape. But who's Ivan Mater? Hopefully there will be some Mater's Tall Tales sets. I want Mater the Greater! :sing:

Cars= :thumbup:.

Princess= :thumbdown:.

I guess the Princess theme is Duplo so nothing bad about that. I'm really looking forward to Cars though, especially Oil Rig escape. But who's Ivan Mater? Hopefully there will be some Mater's Tall Tales sets. I want Mater the Greater! :sing:

Wasn't ivan mater when he went undercover? Agree with the Tall Tales sets, my kids absolutely love them.

It would be a shame if POTC died off, I am sure there are plenty of options available to expand. Disappointed with princesses being duplo only, my daughter loved Lego but the belville stuff doesn't really interest her.

meh, Cars, at least I know I wont be spending a lot on Disney next year, which is a good thing considering the new Super Hero theme :laugh:

It would be nice though to have some new Pirates of the Caribbean sets :grin:

No word on a cartoon based new theme, must be a mid year thing again ? :wink:

Probably. These are only the January wave. I'm still holding out hope for sets based on Brave. :sweet:

I'm really looking forward to Cars though, especially Oil Rig escape.

Agreed, that set sounds promising! It will probably include McMissile, Prof. Z, and Acer and Grem with their welding gear. I really hope it also includes Rod Redline! :wub_drool:

Wasn't ivan mater when he went undercover?

Yes. I'm guessing he will also be in the Mater's Escape set.

Wasn't ivan mater when he went undercover? Agree with the Tall Tales sets, my kids absolutely love them.

Yeah, probably. I don't think we ever got a name.

meh, Cars, at least I know I wont be spending a lot on Disney next year, which is a good thing considering the new Super Hero theme :laugh:

Isn't Marvel technically Disney now? :look:

I'm holding out for a Phineas and Ferb line. Think, a LEGO platypus! :wub_drool:

Edited by K-nut

Cars went from DUPLO to System. Now let's cross our fingers to see Princess go from DUPLO to System; I can use those female figs.

~tin7_creations

My thoughts exactly! I so want Disney Princesses in regular minifigure scale. :wub:

You know, if LEGO wanted to be really successful with girls in the older age range, they couldn't go wrong with Disney Princesses. I know I'd pick them up, especially if they did different sets based on different points of the movies.

I always thought that a major goof of the waves this year was releasing Mater and Lightning seperately - then including one or the other in almost every other set - particularly the mid range sets - It's put my son off the Holly/Mater and Francesco/Lightning packs as he's already got the two main characters.

He really wants Finn McMissile though so I'm sure he will pick him up - he has also asked me to ask Lego to make Doc Hudson as often as I can!

Personally I wasnt bothered at all by the POTC sets, but I'm really hoping the slot moves to John Carter (of Mars) - This looks amazing, is a Disney movie and has the American Civil War and Mars based creatures and Vehicles - Fingers crossed - It's out next March.

Edited by mookage

Yeah, it's disappointing to see that there don't seem to be any sets based on the first Cars, considering we're still missing some important characters from that film. I wonder what Red Water's Rescue is though. Could it have something to do with Red the firetruck? :look:

John Carter could be interesting, yes, but I'd still prefer Brave. :grin:

Cars sets? Why? Unless theres some third movie coming out next year I don't know why they would release those sets. Cars doesn't seem like a license you can keep alive like Harry Potter or Star Wars. A huge mistake if you ask me.

As for the princess sets: Unless they are the same as the New Girls Theme I doubt they would be system.