Klaus-Dieter

2012 City sets

I wasn't interested in City sets until the farming theme came out, then I started a 'small rural farming town' themed city. Some of these new police/fire sets sound ideal... I'll be greatly interested in seeing pictures of these new sets.

It's nice to hear we'll be getting some new vehicles after Christmas in Jan.

A line of vehicles with trailers, new trucks and to top it off a new ambulance. :sweet:

Might have to spend my gift money on some new sets.

I'm curious of how the new forest theme will look color wise.

I'm a lil dissapointed that they sound like different colored versions of this year's police models.

Hopefully they bring their own uniqueness to the city line.

I also hope the forest fire truck looks something of the sort like this.

I live near the Bureau of Land Management office, so I see of these trucks at least once a week.

Can't wait for the images to leak of these new city vehicles. :grin:

Edited by vgsprites

Forest Rangers + Me = Money in TLG's vault!

Sounds great-- not really seeing the need for the forest firemen though. Thanks Miranir

I suppose it depends on how they look. If it's just more red vehicles with the same old black uniformed fireman then it's a bit of a let down. If it's actually a forest fire crew with new hi-viz uniforms including the reflective high heat protective one with the hooded helmet then great. A team like that could work as an airport fire crew too. Unles the torso had a tree logo or similar.

Thanks for starting a thread for this, Klaus-Dieter, and thanks for all the info, Mirandir!

Personally, I have no need for vehicles (my town is currently on a very long and narrow table, so it's hard to even fit roads into it), so I'll definitely be skipping most of the 'great vehicles' theme. Maybe this will trigger a 'great buildings' theme in summer 2012 or winter 2013, but I doubt it. The 'Friends' theme will most likely be covering the buildings for this year (and maybe next year as well).

People are going to hate this but besides "great vehicles" we are getting... *drum roll*... Fire and Police... Yes we're getting cops and firemen *again*. The twist here is that they're Forrest Fire and Forrest Police. The policefigs look like park rangers and wears tan hats that looks like this.

The Park Ranger sub-theme sounds pretty decent, but I can't help but think that LEGO is going way off track with this. According to you, there are eleven of these 'forest' sub-theme sets, and that combined with the 'great vehicles' sub-theme doesn't leave much room for anything in the 'town essentials' area. :sceptic:

In any case, what do the firemen look like? Are they just standard-issue LEGO firemen in a forest setting?

Well, the tiger is actually impressed by a new direction with both police and fire.....go tell it to the mountain ! :wink:

The next police station I would say be smaller and a more rural based design, the fire transporter I think is a re-hash of a classic town.......

1656-2.jpg

So what's the count now, we see about 23 to 25 city sets per year ? :wink:

So is the brown bear a bear or is it like Smoky the bear.

It resembles the polar bear however it can also move it's legs.

The Park Ranger sub-theme sounds pretty decent, but I can't help but think that LEGO is going way off track with this. According to you, there are eleven of these 'forest' sub-theme sets, and that combined with the 'great vehicles' sub-theme doesn't leave much room for anything in the 'town essentials' area. :sceptic:

As far as I know there won't be anything else in first wave than forest Police, forest fire and those five vehicle sets.

In any case, what do the firemen look like? Are they just standard-issue LEGO firemen in a forest setting?

The firemen are orange with dark red helmets.

Edited by Mirandir

As far as I know there won't be anything else in first wave than forest Police, forest fire and those five vehicle sets.

16 sets for City's first wave sure does seem like a lot...but I suppose we generally get 20 of them over the course of the year. Brickset is currently listing 26 for 2011 but 3 are impulse, 2 are combo packs, and one is an airline exclusive. So if they do more, smaller sets, I guess I can see this happening.

More small sets in City is a GOOD thing, it will make it easier for kids (who may not be able to spend the big cost of sets like the police station, harbor, rocket launch pad etc all in one go but who may be able to buy more smaller sets over time) to get them all.

Okay so first wave is mainly vehicle based, hopefully second half we see some buildings eh ? :wink:

The firemen are orange with dark red helmets.

Ah, Aussie CFA/CFS fire fighters wear orange uniforms and sometimes red helmets.....perhaps events of a few years ago in Victoria (Black Saturday) had something to do with it.

But, I save the oh, joy's for the first good images to see if I can use them as CFS crew for my town. :wink:

Brick On everyone ! :grin:

Dont get too excited, beacuse those sets sound way bettery then they look. I've seen the pics about a month or so ago and I must say I was dissapointed. That could chanhge with better pics (those were really small) and maybe its just my personal taste, but I'm very sorry for such an opportunity being missed here.

On the other side that is good, because more money will be available for really great SW and LOTR 2012 waves. :classic:

Hm -in the US, Inmate Fire Fighting Crews wear orange

4de6cb1c90897.image.jpg

Yellow would be a better, international wide spread color

crew_photo_400px.jpg

On the other side that is good, because more money will be available for really great SW and LOTR 2012 waves. :classic:

Wait what? Your kidding right, if not, oh my god. :cry_happy: 2012 BEST YEAR YET! :sweet:

As for the sets, I'm actually really looking forward to them as they sound promising.

Edited by That_Guy

This actually sounds really good! :thumbup:

The Police and Fire themes both needed a good variation, instead of the same sets every few years.

There not a single one of these I don't like the sound of, I can't wait to see pictures. :classic:

People are going to hate this but besides "great vehicles" we are getting... *drum roll*... Fire and Police... Yes we're getting cops and firemen *again*. The twist here is that they're Forrest Fire and Forrest Police. The policefigs look like park rangers and wears tan hats that looks like this.

Sets are:

[...]

Thank you very much for this news, Mirandir! :classic:

I'm really surprised that we'll get again Fire and Police sets although we had many of them this and last year.

New torsos for the firemen as well as for the policemen are always welcome since they're set in a different location than the regular police- and firemen.

Since they're forest based and reading the descriptions of them, I'd say these sound really interesting and could include lots of potential.

But I don't judge before having seen pics since (like it was already said) it'll very much depend on the design of the sets, how much decent, detailed or <insert that tiresome argument> they look like.

The only bad thing is that with these two themes there is only one wave (namely the summer wave) left for some bigger civilian sets - hopefully we'll then get no RSQ sets but some civilian buildings, shops etc. But with the new Girl's theme (although it's regrettably not minifig scale) I see there less possibilites.

4430 Fire Transporter

A truck with a command centre 3 firemen and an amphibious-looking 8 wheeled firetruck.

Only to avoid misunderstandings: Is the command center a building (like a small fire station) or is it some sort of container set up on the truck?

I hope that we'll get pics soon.

Klaus-Dieter

Maybe this will trigger a 'great buildings' theme

There already is such a theme, creator, and the forest hut would fit great with that battlepack of woodcutters or whatever.

Since the beacon matched the marina we can only hope that there are future creator sets that lines up with something in the city line.

So, lets hope for a deserted creator house in red and white with optional ambulance vehicle and medical crew add-on.

I don't fully belive this, but it would not hurt TLG to have a creator set ship with secondary instructions for a hospital

that happened to be pictured with other available models on the box...

Forest Rangers + Me = Money in TLG's vault!

Forest Rangers / Policemen + Me = Money still in my wallet to spend on other things! :innocent2: But I'm happy with it.

The brown bear sounds interesting though.

It resembles the polar bear however it can also move it's legs.

Interesting. Thanks!

I seriously doubt that would ever happen.

Thank you very much for this news, Mirandir! :classic:

I'm really surprised that we'll get again Fire and Police sets although we had many of them this and last year.

New torsos for the firemen as well as for the policemen are always welcome since they're set in a different location than the regular police- and firemen.

Since they're forest based and reading the descriptions of them, I'd say these sound really interesting and could include lots of potential.

But I don't judge before having seen pics since (like it was already said) it'll very much depend on the design of the sets, how much decent, detailed or <insert that tiresome argument> they look like.

The only bad thing is that with these two themes there is only one wave (namely the summer wave) left for some bigger civilian sets - hopefully we'll then get no RSQ sets but some civilian buildings, shops etc. But with the new Girl's theme (although it's regrettably not minifig scale) I see there less possibilites.

Only to avoid misunderstandings: Is the command center a building (like a small fire station) or is it some sort of container set up on the truck?

I hope that we'll get pics soon.

Klaus-Dieter

I agree with KD here, reserve judgment for pictures, hope the log cabin is substantial.

Mirandir... where are you? Was hoping to read some more revelations from your crystal ball!!

Here but I've chosen to go a bit silent for a while as I currently have LEGO breathing down my neck... No they're not being threatful or anything but they really-really-really want to know where I got my information from. And besides I have allready revealed most of what I know.

And I also expect the contents of the retailer catalogue to start leaking any week now as from what I understand it should have startet turning up at stores now. (We haven't gotten ours at work yet)

Edited by Mirandir

Well, Mirandir, I appreciate you risking the secret police's wrath to bring the resistance news of upcoming sets. Its nice to get some tid bits of what's coming up while we wait for the next wave.

I also have my fingers crossed that you're right and there will be a retailer catalog leaking soon. It'd be great to have some preliminary pics to get a better feel of what these sets are shaping up like. I just hope people don't get bent out of shape because the prelim builds usually look lower quality.