Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

I was thinking about getting the Unimog from shop.lego.com (US site) and using PriceUSA.com.au to ship it over.

US$199 for the Unimog

US$14.95 for US shipping

+ Price USA fees.

EDIT: Did you try any other sets to see what they would ship?

I didn't try any others (I've spent too much on Lego lately as it is!). It's hard to tell which sets will ship to AU and which ones won't. The only way to be 100% sure is to just add everything to your cart, and then go to the checkout, where it will complain if they can't ship it. One thing that I have noticed is that you have better luck if the set is being shipped from Amazon itself rather than another shop that is just listing it's items on the Amazon website. On the left had side of the Amazon page, after you have done a search (eg. 'lego technic'), you can select the brand as 'Lego', and then the seller as 'Amazon', and you might have better luck. See screenshot here.

Ooh, nice price, well done! But looks like they've increased it to EUR 189.90 now :sad:

The price on the site includes tax (VAT?) - once you go through to the checkout and tell it you are shipping to AU the tax gets removed. If you order too much (over AU$1000 I think), when it gets to Australia our Customs will add GST back onto the order, but as long as you don't order too much at once you should be ok.

I was thinking about getting the Unimog from shop.lego.com (US site) and using PriceUSA.com.au to ship it over.

US$199 for the Unimog

US$14.95 for US shipping

+ Price USA fees.

I was thinking the same, and I may actually be going to the US for work in September/October, but then I would have to get it back home somehow too (either re-box and ship it back home via USPS, or carry it on the plane). But since I ordered a few sets at once (8110, 8109, and 8258), this would be quite bulky and inconvenient. The total price from Amazon.fr is about the same as from the US after shipping (well, close enough anyway), and I figured that it would be less hassle to just let Amazon.fr deliver it to AU for me, and Amazon shipping wasn't really that much extra. Let's just hope it doesn't go through the 'pancake machine' on the way :sceptic:

Edited by Splat

Let's just hope it doesn't go through the 'pancake machine' on the way :sceptic:

The pancake machine is exclusive to Barnes and Nobel. *oh2*

The price on the site includes tax (VAT?) - once you go through to the checkout and tell it you are shipping to AU the tax gets removed. If you order too much (over AU$1000 I think), when it gets to Australia our Customs will add GST back onto the order, but as long as you don't order too much at once you should be ok.

Thank you muchly :thumbup: However, did you get multiple delivery options when ordering? I only got the option of standard delivery (12 - 15 working days) at EUR 8.32. I'm really tempted to go for it, as I think ~$230 is a reasonable price for the Unimog.

hey there for those in the west of Melbourne Big W Sunshine has a couple of clearance items

7985 City of Atlantis for $78.00 and

3182 City Airport for $88.00 they had 3 of each as of last night

i should have pick some up but have spent way too much already on all the toy sales

Thank you muchly :thumbup: However, did you get multiple delivery options when ordering? I only got the option of standard delivery (12 - 15 working days) at EUR 8.32. I'm really tempted to go for it, as I think ~$230 is a reasonable price for the Unimog.

I had two delivery options

1. Standard (14 à 17 jours ouvrés) = Standard (14-17 days), and
  2. Éclair (2 à 4 jours ouvrés) = Flash (2 to 4 days)

I don't know what the price difference between them is (UPDATE: Amazon.fr Shipping Rates are on this page), but I chose the 'Flash' option (partly because it sounded cool, and I like chocolate eclairs, and partly because I want my Unimog NOW! :grin: ), and ended up paying EUR 27,50 = AUD 36.59 for shipping.

eclair.jpgbarry1.jpg

With the Unimog, it also states 'En stock, mais la livraison peut nécessiter jusqu'à 2 jours supplémentaires' which Google translates to 'In Stock Eligible for up to 2 additional days', but I think it actually means 'In stock but may require up to 2 additional days to deliver' (which is a similar message shown on some Amazon.co.uk items).

Amazon.fr said it would ship on the 4th, and arrive between the 8th and 10th of August. So that is the 2-4 days Flash delivery, plus the extra 2 days. Last time I ordered from Amazon.co.uk, I got my package very quickly, so I have my fingers crossed that everything will go smoothly...

Edited by Splat

hey there for those in the west of Melbourne Big W Sunshine has a couple of clearance items

i should have pick some up but have spent way too much already on all the toy sales

Those are pretty good prices. Might have to look out for them.

Edited by bockers

I had two delivery options

1. Standard (14 à 17 jours ouvrés) = Standard (14-17 days), and
  2. Éclair (2 à 4 jours ouvrés) = Flash (2 to 4 days)

Ah, I got the two options when I used my home address instead of my P.O. Box address, so I guess the speedy option is delivered by courier.

Thanks again for pointing out this deal, I've ordered a Unimog too now :classic:

Did you by any chance see the 7946 King's Castle and how much it is? I suspect this set is on clearance too, as they all seem to have suddenly disappeared from the shelves here in Adelaide.

Did you by any chance see the 7946 King's Castle and how much it is? I suspect this set is on clearance too, as they all seem to have suddenly disappeared from the shelves here in Adelaide.

No sorry :cry_sad: i didnt see any thing about the Kings Castle it was only those 2 that i saw, but you may be right they might be also on clearance any one else noticed anything?

No sorry :cry_sad: i didnt see any thing about the Kings Castle it was only those 2 that i saw, but you may be right they might be also on clearance any one else noticed anything?

BN has King's Castle

Just ordered a Unimog from Amazon.fr inital price was $187.88 Euros, then it got adjusted on the way through. Ended up paying $157.18 + shipping.

I just found out, that the Red Cargo Train will be available exclusively from Myer later this year.

I just found out, that the Red Cargo Train will be available exclusively from Myer later this year.

Good news. Looking forward to that.

If this is true, that's good news for train fans who should be able to pick one up at a %off sale.

When I asked a while back Myer Bourke St. knew nothing of this set. Though looking back, there was no release date in the second half catalogue.....perfect timing for two months till their next big toy sale and TRU have already had their 36-- city exclusive this year....as to Target and Kmart ! :wink:

Barnes and Noble have added the 7961 Sith Infiltrator (62.95 US) and the 7959 Geonosian Starfighter (26.95)

The 30% voucher works on them.

Just wanting to know if anyone has seen the larger Hero Factory sets in any stores, not the small 6 Heroes.

MYER Perth CBD has some of the alien conquest sets

Target Perth CBD has the harbor sets plus new Ninjago (still at 20% off)

Ok, I did some mucking around on Amazon.fr. I took a few items through to checkout, got their final prices in Euros with tax removed, and then converted them into Aussie dollars using XE.com for a guide.

Please note that none of these include shipping, but I have not seen anything exceed 30 euros for 2-4 day delivery, regardless of how much I put in the basket! I put in the Death Star Playset for a 20 euro delivery charge!

Tower Bridge - $228.81

Anakin and Sebulba Podracers - $95.98

Technic Supercar - $114.39

Tantive IV - $147.59

New Millenium Falcon - $163.14

Death Star Playset - $457.62 ($485 or so delivered!)

Diagon Alley - $165.84

Dropship with AT-OT Walker - $257.30

Mindstorms - $257.13

8258 Truck Crane - $148.71

Republic Frigate - $136.03

Motorised Excavator - $183.04

Imperial Flagship - $159.03

I know some of these aren't the cheapest prices going around but hopefully it can give people a guide.

Tower Bridge - $228.81

Tantive IV - $147.59

New Millenium Falcon - $163.14

Death Star Playset - $457.62 ($485 or so delivered!)

Diagon Alley - $165.84

Imperial Flagship - $159.03

Thanks for all that info! There are some great prices there. Now to install google chrome so I can work my way around the site a little better.

For those desperate for a QAR (the only PotC set that seems to be selling out) there were two at Target Newton SA, also had new Harbour sets available.

And for those that missed out on the big Pharaoh's Quest set, it's back on Barnes and Noble.

Its because of another global stuff up, basically every time the US market goes to hell ever other country suffers.

If your looking to import your better off going with Amazon UK or another EU company, the US market is tanked and I doubt the dollar will get much higher for months, if it even gets back to 1.09.

Even at 1.02 its probably still better then getting it here.

Got my brickmaster city today, was a little smooshed but I am not one of those anal box people, took 8 days via standard post.

If your looking to import your better off going with Amazon UK or another EU company, the US market is tanked and I doubt the dollar will get much higher for months, if it even gets back to 1.09.

But several days ago 1 GBP was 1.5 AUD and now 1 GBP is 1.6 AUD so its no better than the AUD>USD exchange still 10 cents worse off than a week or so ago.