I Scream Clone

Eurobricks Spaghetti Western Competition

I have 3 and was thinking to redesign them for westeren theme ... Anyway also Technic figures are displayed in the minifig browser on brickset!

I have 3 and was thinking to redesign them for westeren theme ... Anyway also Technic figures are displayed in the minifig browser on brickset!

Go for it in that case.

Questions:

When you say no "background MOC" in Category One, just how limited are we? Here's why I ask:

I'm not a train collector and I don't have any tracks at all from any sets, so I had to create tracks from scratch. I think it looks great, or at least gets the job done. Now, most tracks are built up a bit from the ground around them, so I built a stretch of land coming out from the tracks. It's probably no more than 10-12 studs, but it seemed bare, so I added a little foliage (just some trees, small plants, and my version of cacti). Without giving away too much of my entry, let's just say there are a few minifigs along the tracks. With the land, greenery, and minifigs, does that constitute the "background MOC" you don't want? The train is definitely the focal point and nothing in the foreground takes away from it, but I just wanted to make sure before I continue on.

AND

When you say "tender", do you mean a coal or wood car (directly behind the engine) for the fire? I've never heard "tender" used that way, so I wanted to be sure.

Questions:

When you say no "background MOC" in Category One, just how limited are we? Here's why I ask:

I'm not a train collector and I don't have any tracks at all from any sets, so I had to create tracks from scratch. I think it looks great, or at least gets the job done. Now, most tracks are built up a bit from the ground around them, so I built a stretch of land coming out from the tracks. It's probably no more than 10-12 studs, but it seemed bare, so I added a little foliage (just some trees, small plants, and my version of cacti). Without giving away too much of my entry, let's just say there are a few minifigs along the tracks. With the land, greenery, and minifigs, does that constitute the "background MOC" you don't want? The train is definitely the focal point and nothing in the foreground takes away from it, but I just wanted to make sure before I continue on.

AND

When you say "tender", do you mean a coal or wood car (directly behind the engine) for the fire? I've never heard "tender" used that way, so I wanted to be sure.

Basically its a tough one to rule on, provided it isn't whole baseplates of scenery with stations, buildings, mountains etc it should be fine.

Yes a tender is a wood or coal car, and will not count toward the four car limit.

Hmmm... No piece limit?

:grin: it's going to be a crazy detailed work.

Despite the fact that I'm busy now with my new project for city, will try to build something too.

Good luck to all.

Edited by Dark_Alamez

Thanks for this great opportunity Eurobricks and BrickWarriors!

I'm sure there will be great entries. But like always, I don't have enough pieces and don't feel like making an order to Bricklink to get some. However, I'm sure there will be some great entries in this contest. Good luck! :classic:

Thank you very much, I Scream Clone for that contest! :classic:

It's great to finally have after all these years even a contest for WW! And the prices sound very promising, too! :thumbup:

Of course I'll take part with building a WW town and a vignette. But I won't build a WW train since I neither have the bricks nor the know-how nor the experience you need for building trains.

I'm looking forward to great entries. :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Thanks for setting up this contest!

Is it allowed to paint our bricks for Cat B and C? I'm thinking a custom painted horse...

Thanks for setting up this contest!

Is it allowed to paint our bricks for Cat B and C? I'm thinking a custom painted horse...

Short answer is no for Category B. If the horse is your custom figure (which I doubt) it is fine for Cat C, otherwise no for Cat C as well. The focus is on the one custom figure.

Well get cracking then, everyone gets 2 months but you only get one, ok?

1 day is enough for me :P

well more seriously, I hum... "dislocated" my wrist yesterday...( no bone broken but they kinda disassembled, like Lego bricks XD ), that means 2 months of having my arm in a cast + re-education... so I'm out :/ it's even quite hard to write with only one hand ^^

I have another question for Category 2...

The max size is 64*64, but are we allowed to use the same space set differently? I am thinking something like a 48*80 baseplate.

64*64 is 4096 studs, 48*80 is 3840 so it is smaller in surface than the maximum allowed but it is longer... so in other words my question is "can we consider the 64*64 limit as a space limit rather than an imposed shape?"

The reason I ask for this is that Western Towns are essentially 1 long street, so a rectangle shaped base might be better to give that perspective.

I have another question for Category 2...

The max size is 64*64, but are we allowed to use the same space set differently? I am thinking something like a 48*80 baseplate.

64*64 is 4096 studs, 48*80 is 3840 so it is smaller in surface than the maximum allowed but it is longer... so in other words my question is "can we consider the 64*64 limit as a space limit rather than an imposed shape?"

The reason I ask for this is that Western Towns are essentially 1 long street, so a rectangle shaped base might be better to give that perspective.

No, lets keep it to 64x64 or there abouts. As for your SNOT question go for it, a minimal overhang is fine and allowed.

Hi,

My lug (comunidade 0937 - Portugal) is having a contest in the same time as this one.

Without knowing about this contest I build a western train. I want to ask if I can show my MOC at both contests?

Thank's

Hi,

My lug (comunidade 0937 - Portugal) is having a contest in the same time as this one.

Without knowing about this contest I build a western train. I want to ask if I can show my MOC at both contests?

Thank's

Yes that is fine, just follow the rules for the corresponding category. Thanks.

I am not at the point in my Lego growth that I can participate in this contest but I wanted to comment that I think events like this are an amazing thing to do for your community and those prizes are absolutely unbelievable.

Hi Guys - Hope this is not a ridiculous question?

1. Design a Wild West train. Limit yourself to a maximum of four wagons/cars/coaches/flat beds etc. Engine can include a tender as well and it will not be included in the four car limit. You are allowed to include railway track, however a full MOC background is not permitted as this category is all about the train! You are free to use as many figures on or around the train.

Is a vehicle that runs on rails good enough? There were vehicles in the old west that ran on rails that might not quite be called trains - I'm going to build it anyway but I'm curious if you'd consider it out of scope if I built something slightly different?

Hi Guys - Hope this is not a ridiculous question?

1. Design a Wild West train. Limit yourself to a maximum of four wagons/cars/coaches/flat beds etc. Engine can include a tender as well and it will not be included in the four car limit. You are allowed to include railway track, however a full MOC background is not permitted as this category is all about the train! You are free to use as many figures on or around the train.

Is a vehicle that runs on rails good enough? There were vehicles in the old west that ran on rails that might not quite be called trains - I'm going to build it anyway but I'm curious if you'd consider it out of scope if I built something slightly different?

Hmmm, I guess time will tell if people go for it. Its up to you, sometimes it good to think outside the box, just remember it is a train building category, so maybe it would be better as part of a town category?

I have one tree that has an overhang of one palm tree leaf length. Is this too much? If so I'll remove the tree.

Thank you.

Cara.

[Edit] This is for category 2, I read the change of base configuration post a few up and noticed the comment about overhang.

Edited by Cara

What's the go with multi-up pictures?

Do they count as one or is each image in the "muti-up" counted ?

Cheers.

Are you allowed to build Micro?

Yes

I have one tree that has an overhang of one palm tree leaf length. Is this too much? If so I'll remove the tree.

Thank you.

Cara.

[Edit] This is for category 2, I read the change of base configuration post a few up and noticed the comment about overhang.

That is fine.

What's the go with multi-up pictures?

Do they count as one or is each image in the "muti-up" counted ?

Cheers.

What the heck is multi-up? You mean a few pictures photoshopped together into one picture? If so One of those per entry will be allowed.

What the heck is multi-up? You mean a few pictures photoshopped together into one picture? If so One of those per entry will be allowed.

Yeah that's hat I meant..I suppose a "composite photo" would have been the correct term.

Oh, man. :blush: With my vacation job in August I forgot about this contest. I'm still very tempted to enter though, let's see what I can do with my collection and five days. :wink:

The entries are great so far!

Edited by Matn

can we postpone the contest to 24 CET? I have barely finished the locomotive, need to charge my batteries to take photos.