Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 6 Discussion

It looks to me like the aliens legs are made of the same crappy quality plastic as the rest of the figures have been. That would suggest to me that photos are real.

Steve

That Statue of Liberty ... has to be official.

if it's not, I'm gonna have to get real drunk (figuratively :tongue:... maybe I should say drown my sorrows in a lego buying/building binge :tongue: ). I've been hoping for that fig and like you said, it's pulled off perfectly.

does a 1x2 tile look like that from that angle?

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

So the statue-- yeah, that's perfect. I'm not sure they could improve on that fig in any way.

The alien... well, it's a great head sculpt, and that's about it. I'm guessing it's a prototype test torso, and an unsuccessful one at that. How could they make the gray better?? If you ask me, I'd go with the short (aka kid) legs in dark gray, and keep the printing relatively simple-- perhaps just some thin horizontal lines to look like ribbing or something to that effect. As for the torso, same gray color with a minimal print-- maybe a strange new icon in the center chest to symbolize this new race? Either that or some symbol technological graphics, like a tube running from the head area to below one arm, or perhaps a few random nodes attached across the body. Anything but whatever that current torso is supposed to be.

Hi, all.

As reported by a LEGO fan in a Taiwan LEGO fans forum, Pockyland, there are two minifigs which are "unseen" before leaked from certain factory from Mainland China. They are the Statue of Liberty and an Alien. It is suspected that they might be among the Series 6, but no solid proof is available so far.

Honestly, as observed from the photos, it seems to me that the quality of the molding and the printing as shown on those unseen minifigs are quite up to the LEGO official product standard. If they are custom made minifigs, the skills of the creator must be very superior.

Has anyone seen them before? Does anyone know where they come from? What do you think?

Original source of the photos:Pockyland

Edit by Rufus: Pictures removed from quote

They sure do look legit! I hope so, Would buy these for sure.

Sorry if this has been posted but;

little boy also shows on there...tell me if he's old or something, I'm not sure!

Bonaparte: Picture removed on request of LEGO

Edited by Bonaparte

I'm a Lego fan in Taiwan,too!

There are more pictures of the new minifigures at Pockyland:

My link

Including: warrior,leprechaun,steak cook,mechanic,skateboard woman,genie,and a Minotaur!

Edited by zhancobricks

Thanks for the link! These also look official, especially this one, where you can see the LEGO name and part ID on the sword, and this one where the name appears on the cleaver.

Series 6 looks kick-butt so far! There's not a single one of those I don't like. Finally, now I can do a Lucky Charms MOC. :laugh:

So many new and exciting accessories. I don't even mind the skater girl and of all of the ones shown so far that had the most potential to suck. But they rocked it, too. :thumbup:

And that butcher will look awesome as a soda jerk in a 50s diner.

Meh, so they merged the token girly fig with the token sci fi fig. "Yay". I guess. To be honest the idea is fine and it is almost well executed, but it really bugs me that they are using the exact same accessory as the Series 1 spaceman. I mean, by now those guns are really redundant, specially because you can get them easily in Alien Conquest. They could have at least included a pink laser rod.

I would say these are official. Only TLG would think we needed more skaters. At least she is almost a goth skater.

The genie and the minotaur are great though.

So far I am interested in getting the Leprechaun, the genie, the minotaur (or is it a tribes man), the alien and the space girl.

I think the best face print is the space woman's because it is not affected by teeth plague. When ignoring the teeth, the butcher and the mechanic are great in the lack of detail lines. In fact, the butcher's teeth are done in a way so different than usual that they almost look right.

Edited by vexorian

I must say these are amazing. So many hew molds!!!! Will have to get it... as always... :)

Also, by the number of orient related new molds, my guess is that Pharaoh's quest will be moving somewhere near India... (hope we get back the elephants!!!) :)

Edited by frogstudio

Still trying to catch-up...If that kid minifig is legit it's probably a "Teen Idol", i.e. Justin Bieber...Series 6 looks nice, can't wait for series 5 though...

The spacewoman looks okay. I get the idea, but seriously, did they have to make it all pink? It doesn't exactly say "female astronaut" to me; just "male minifig converted to female primarily a new color". White, black, or grey with pink accents would've been better. The wetsuit on the S4 surfer was nicely colored. Maybe I say that as a male fan, but one of the complaints we hear a lot from AFFOLs is that TLG does their girl-themed sets with excessive pink.

Edited by Brickdoctor

I love the statue of liberty, the leprechaun, the auto mechanic, the genie (it looks like the end of the genie fits into the mouth of the lamp) and the minotaur.

By far the best of the lot (and close to the best of any series to date) has to be that butcher, especially that piece of steak.

Ohemgee, a Minotaur, a Genie, and a Leprechaun! :oh:

This future series is a fantasy-fan's dream, I must say! And we even get a Highlander Warrior and the popstar hair in blonde. I'm totally loving the gothic skateboarder chick too. So many new pieces and new colors... :wub:

So far, Series 6 seems to include (correct me if I'm wrong):

1. Alien (with ray gun)

2. Statue of Liberty (with torch and tablet)

3. Highlander Warrior (with claymore and shield)

4. Leprechaun (with pot)

5. Butcher (with cleaver and meat)

6. Mechanic (with toolbox and wrench)

7. Female Skateboarder (with skateboard)

8. Genie (with magic lamp)

9. Minotaur (with axe)

10. Spacewoman (with ray gun)

I love the statue of liberty, the leprechaun, the auto mechanic, the genie (it looks like the end of the genie fits into the mouth of the lamp) and the minotaur.

I was noticing that too! The neck of the lamp may be a spot for the genie to come out of, only I wonder if a minifigs weight would topple it over? If it really does fit and stands, that would be more than amazing, thats already my favorite minifig of the bunch and that would put it over the top.

And there's a pink spacewoman!

sbip

:wub: I am not the best fan of pink, but that is awesome. The goth/emo/skater girl is cool too (also, looks somewhat like me circa 2004...). New sword! Amazing Minotaur mould, ELVIS HAIR!!

I was noticing that too! The neck of the lamp may be a spot for the genie to come out of, only I wonder if a minifigs weight would topple it over?

Unless Aladdin had some serious arm strength, I'm guessing it might topple. Cool that it fits though.

The meat and the lamp have to be some of my favourite accesories so far, and I'm sure people will go crazy for a new sword, though it would have been nice if the highlander had a proper kilt/skirt piece (and wilder hair or painted face, don't shoot me for historical inaccuracy :P)

Look forward to seeing some Minotaur armies, and a 'Grease Lightning' MOC.

ANOTHER skater... seriously TLG? Ever heard of rollerskates? Roller blades? Scooter? BMX?... :D

Edited by andhe

My eye is on the "emo" skateboarder and the female astronaut, strangely enough, although the leprechaun is well executed too. I have to say I'm not a fan of the meat piece or the Minotaur. But again, opinions may change when and if these are released.

I really really hope a new cheerleader is somewhere in the roster. We seem to be missing sports- and horror-themed figures.

Oh my, I just LOVE the steak!!!

But why, why, WHY does the spacewoman's suit have to be PINK?! For crying out loud, in this way feminists will always complain about TLG's gender policy - including me. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by Miss Kyle

Some interesting figs, I will certainly buy the butcher for the accessories and the highlander. May be I'll buy the leprechaun as well for the torso. All in all I think they are ok, but not Woow as series 4 and 5. Still: I think there's a lot of creativity involved here. :thumbup:

I was noticing that too! The neck of the lamp may be a spot for the genie to come out of, only I wonder if a minifigs weight would topple it over? If it really does fit and stands, that would be more than amazing, thats already my favorite minifig of the bunch and that would put it over the top.

I am wondering if it designed to sit on top of the stud that is the lamps lid, so it comes out of the neck of the lamp and goes back over the lamp to sit on top. Does that make sense?

D

I am wondering if it designed to sit on top of the stud that is the lamps lid, so it comes out of the neck of the lamp and goes back over the lamp to sit on top. Does that make sense?

Ah clever thinking! Yeah it does seem that that might work, and would be a clever solution. Guess the photographer didn't realise this either.

Edited by andhe

Man, Lego is really getting over my head! Seriously! So many themes I like, so short on money, still trying to get some older collectable figs in all around (got me three additional S2 hoplites in a remote store just today! Who would have expected that?), and now THIS?!

So many awesome new additions, especially the minotaur looks almost too good to be true. Yet they certainly feel legit to me!

The statue of liberty's headpiece may yet be the very first Lego-element I actually consider to paint: give some colour to that hair and splat some gold onto those rays of light and you get an instant antique goddesses headpiece. Also I'm pissing my pants right now to get my greasy fingers onto one of those djinns! Well played Lego! (However, WHAT took you so long, anyway?)

The grey alien's head should have been there in the mid-90's... but better late than never, I guess?

Highlander, leprechaun, goth skateboarder (fancy hair!), grease monkey (again fancy hair!) and butcher are all good stuff in their own right. They all have something I could include into something castle-related, which is my main point of analysis considering collectable figs.

Be well all!

Cutty

p.s.: Pink spacesuit? Well, not so much, but face and hairpiece of that space-lady are A-grade material.

edit: p.p.s.: as it became clear with earlier series' figs to hail the advent of coming themes, who else could find that highlander, minotaur and djinn to be a foreboding to some minifig-style Heroica line? Just a thought ^^

Edited by Cutty