Phantoka_Chirox

Superheroes 2012

For MOCing amd other purposes though, these B2 bones are similar to A3 bones, which by simply extending the bone, make other shapes and configurations possible. These bones could replace A3 bones in titan sets, making them more compact. :thumbup:

The main difference between these B2 bones and the A3 bones is stability. It looks like there isn't any movement (or very little) at the point of connection.

I don't think the B2s will make the limbs any more flexible, or if they do it'll be a negligible amount. They look like they're meant to hold the connected socket firmly in place. They're probably just extenders.

e: yeah what he said

Edited by Bfahome

Hulk Color Swap

I think these figures are very early prototypes that can still be recolored and rebuilt; there's no way LEGO's going to leave gunmetal on a Hulk figure. I agree that they look pretty bad right now, but it's still way too early to make a final judgement. If they turn out ok, and at a reasonable price, I might get Hulk.

Regardless, I'm glad LEGO is attempting superhero action figures. A team-up with Marvel and DC is what I've been waiting for.

I'm calling it: the chest piece used on the Hulk kit wasn't actually designed specifically for it, and will also make an apperance in the 2012 Hero Factory line. All of the other heroes use a unique piece that features printing, and has a slightly different design asthetic - but not this one. Additionally, unless it was being used for something else, I can't see a reason why they would mold those intakes onto the mold instead of making it look more like an organic chest piece. I'm not betting anything on this, though.

Edited by Zarkan

I'm calling it: the chest piece used on the Hulk kit wasn't actually designed specifically for it, and will also make an apperance in the 2012 Hero Factory line. All of the other heroes use a unique piece that features printing, and has a slightly different design asthetic - but not this one. Additionally, unless it was being used for something else, I can't see a reason why they would mold those intakes onto the mold instead of making it look more like an organic chest piece. I'm not betting anything on this, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if the other chest pieces made their ways into Hero Factory as well.

Hero factory looked horrible in prelims, so people have some faith please :)

I gotta say, I actually kinda like the look of the action figures MegaBloks made, despite their ridiculously large ball joints. :blush: In a way, their Iron Man looks better than Lego's. :sceptic:

pTRU1-6976841dt.jpg

It looks accurate but it is terrible as a construction toy.

The pieces are not only horribly specific, they use knight kingdoms style joints (Actually, mega's version of them uses a single piece for both joints) which means that kids would be lucky to make any realistic pose with it.

And its piece count is under 10, I guess.

Edited by vexorian

Looking at each of them, all I can say is: YOUR FACE, GODDAMMIT!! :sick:

Like, SERIOUSLY???

- They're all midget heroes (let's face it, they should've been at least HF villain-sized)

- Megablok heads. Nuff said.

- What is that thing behind Batman's back? Is that supposed to be his wings??? Ugh, what happened to the cape?

- Green Lantern is just... ugh. That green mace-thingy totally limits possibility. This is exactly why I'm against LEGO making comic heroes. They're too lazy to make a hand with a ring.

- Inorganic feel. Human characters should never be made into LEGO action figures.

They're too lazy to make a hand with a ring.

And if they weren't "too lazy" to do that you'd have called it a Megabloks piece like the heads.

Yeah, I guess you have a point about the specific pieces.

when does Mega Bloks make anything better than Lego....oh, come on ! :laugh:

I never said it is better, just that it looks better. :wink:

Another difference is that MegaBlok's Iron Man looks based off the more detailed film incarnation of the suit, while these LEGO Heroes are based of comic versions. Of course, that would've justified Yellow instead of Gold, but I guess Gold was decided to be cooler and more familiar to the kids. :sceptic:

And it's shiny! :grin: Never underestimate the power of shiny Lego pieces! :vader:

And if they weren't "too lazy" to do that you'd have called it a Megabloks piece like the heads.

Ooh, burn! :tongue:

Y'know, you people called the Winter/Spring 2011 Hero Factory sets "Megabloks" too. In my opinion, these sets are not that good. But these do not remind me of Megabloks at all. To be honest, I don't see any resemblance to Megabloks.

I would really have liked keetorange in Iron Man instead of Gold, same goes for the minifig. Pearl gold doesn't look too well in combination with mata red.

I think the sets will cost around the same as a villain or more but not 20.0.

Yes, I don't get it, but I like Batman too. There's something to it.

It is kind of early, for what we know then maybe the heroes are lacking tons of new molds that were going to be used for detail.

Iron Man looks good actually, but that's because he is meant to look mechanical, so the HF parts work best.

They have a TON of new molds!

And I agree about Iron Man!

Edit by Rufus: please don't quote a large number of images. Thanks

Toyark images:

Not nescessarily HF but they're lego and they're action figures nonetheless. They are built almost simmiliar to the heroes though. Some usefull HF repaint parts :o

I like Green Lantern and Iron Man the most, but I'm not buying these, I'll wait for the minifig sets.

Edited by Rufus

My opinions on these are extremely mixed. They seem like a good source of parts, but on the other hand the organic-looking faces really don't mix at all with the Hero Factory-style bodies. I wouldn't venture so far as to say they look like Mega Blocks but the use of mechanical parts with normal heads is sorta silly, imo. I actually liked the Ben 10 sets a little better than these >o<;;

Even Iron Man, who's a robot, looks sorta funny with a Lego body.

My opinions on these are extremely mixed. They seem like a good source of parts, but on the other hand the organic-looking faces really don't mix at all with the Hero Factory-style bodies. I wouldn't venture so far as to say they look like Mega Blocks but the use of mechanical parts with normal heads is sorta silly, imo. I actually liked the Ben 10 sets a little better than these >o<;;

Even Iron Man, who's a robot, looks sorta funny with a Lego body.

Personally, I think the heads look OK with the Hero Factory parts, specifically because few of the sets use extremely mechanical-looking HF parts, and because the heads are stylized to look somewhat angular. Together these factors make the Hero Factory parts look natural on a number of the figs.

Ironically, one of the most mechanical-looking among them is the Hulk, who doesn't even have any excuse that could be used for the other characters like "power armor" or what have you. And believe me, I've seen plenty of action figures that use just that excuse for a radically-different costume than the classic character, usually with some sort of action features.

Iron Man's body, interestingly, doesn't use any pre-existing Hero Factory armor. Instead, he uses the new printed chest piece as well a new torso armor piece underneath that. So I suppose the designers decided that the regular Hero Factory torso armor piece didn't look mechanical enough-- at least, compared to the others.

Something else I noticed: while it's hard to be totally sure, it looks as though Batman's weapon is co-injected with Silver Metallic and Titanium Metallic plastic. It ends up looking pretty cool, with a lighter-colored blade than the rest of its structure.

I have mixed feelings about these.

On one side, they use the same building system as the 2.0 heroes. Since their design doesn't differ so radical as the design of the Ben 10 sets did in comparison to Bionicle (or to Hero Factory, for that matter), the Superheroes are slightly more appealing to me than Ben 10 (in addition to the fact that I know more about them - well, except the Green Lantern).

On the other hand, they look very skeleton-like because of the 2.0-Hero build. It looks even in Ironman's case kinda odd and reduces the likeness of the characters in general. The Ben 10 sets did definitely look a lot more like their TV counterparts than these Superheroes do.

But hey, those are still prototypes, so there's still room for improvement.

My thoughts on each one of them:

Iron Man - I like him the most so far, although his armour looks a bit too simplified to me.

Hulk - While he currently looks quite mediocre, he does have potential. I think with correct colours (green shoulders, blue pants), a few improvements on his face, proper feet and bulkier forearms he could look very good.

Green Lantern - I don't know much about the GL as I do about the others, but in terms of aesthetics he looks good. I like the little detail that he indeed wears a green ring on his hand. Oh, and Mata green parts, so yay!

Batman - Looks like some sort of special armour he's wearing there... maybe from The Brave and the Bold? I would prefer a regular Batman with a cape though.

I'd actually love to see (since we already got Marvel) a line of for Marvel Vs. Capcom, just because I want Zero as a Lego Set. :grin:

Edited by ZORK64

I'd actually love to see (since we already got Marvel) a line of for Marvel Vs. Capcom, just because I want Zero as a Lego Set. :grin:

NICE. I want a Zero action figure too.

NICE. I want a Zero action figure too.

You know, in terms of Zero Action Figure... there are already some figures on their way, and one of them also must be assembled (though it's not a LEGO Set).

But that's enough off-topic talk.

I forgot to comment on the other two who weren't showed yet. I'm kinda curious what Captain America will look in LEGO form, and I'm curious about his shield.

Concerning the Joker I don't see any problem why he wouldn't work, though I'm not much interested in him anyway.

I'd like to see Spiderman, Wolverine and Lobo as sets, though I'm quite sure LEGO won't make a Lobo.

What about you guys? Which of Marvel's or DC's heroes and villians should get the LEGO treatment in your opinion?

EDIT: btw, am I the only one who noticed the details on Batman's and Green Lantern's thighs? They look different from the usual limb pieces.

Edited by ZORK64

I'm quite sure LEGO won't make a Lobo.

Don't jinx it, ya fraggin bastich :wink:

(it'd make a really cool vehicle set if you throw in his bike - and that'd just be a little bigger than #8892 Cendox V1)

but more they won't make that I'd want (and thusly will MOC, hooray Lego):

Omega Red

Blade

I'll be back to edit this

Now that I've had some time to let the figures grow on me, I'll give a proper judgement.

Iron Man - Probably my favourite of the lot, mainly because he's supposed to look mechanical. My only gripe is his huge shoulders, but that can be easily fixed, I guess. Definite buy anyway, just for that head and the belt piece, as you people are calling it.

Hulk - He would be my fave in place of Iron Man if not for those gunmetal bits. I do hope Lego replaces them with lime green ones instead, but something's telling me they won't...

Green Lanturn - Never liked the character anyway, although I like that trans-green effect thingy, and his delicious Mata green parts. Probably a pass.

Batman - Eww. The wings don't bug me as much as some people. For me, however, I would rather have him in black, although blue is kinda true to the comics, I never read those and have only seen the latest 2 movies. Those are minor gripes, however - my main peeve is his head. It makes him look so fat and pudgy. Eww.

Really hope to see Captain America and Joker. I hope Lego doesn't scrooge on those delicious purple pieces. :grin:

Edited by Lockon Stratos

Don't jinx it, ya fraggin bastich :wink:

I'm still chuckling about this.

(it'd make a really cool vehicle set if you throw in his bike - and that'd just be a little bigger than #8892 Cendox V1)

That's true.

I actually only doubt that LEGO will tackle the main man simply because he is way less family friendly than the "boring" heroes (since I only read the comics in German, I'm not sure what Lobo would call Superman and the others in the original US text).

But hey, maybe TLC feels one day crazy and gives us Lobo... and perhaps also Deadpool (though I've gotta admit I only know him from MvC3).

Dear ______,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

You'll be happy to know that we just recently signed an agreement with Marvel Entertainment and DC Comics for our future LEGO Super Heroes line, but this is not meant as a replacement for Hero Factory! We're simply adding more options to our "Constraction" figures. You may be wondering what we mean when we say constraction. Well, constraction is the term we use to refer to the construction of our action figures. Basically it is how we describe the building method we use to make the characters that make up our BIONICLE® and HERO FACTORY lines. It is just like the term construction which we use to describe the method used with our traditional LEGO sets. With traditional sets you use bricks to construct a model, with constraction you construct an action figure. Sounds cool right?

As our dedicated fans know, we basically introduced the world to the idea of buildable action figures. We are proud to say that we perfected this idea over the 10 years that we produced BIONICLE. After nearly a decade with this one amazing constraction line we have decided to test our skills by expanding the idea of constraction to be a LEGO category all its own. Moving into the future, constraction will not simply mean BIONICLE but will be its own building category made up of, hopefully, many, many lines, such as the new Super Heroes theme.

You can see the news releases about the future Super Heroes theme by clicking on the links below:

Marvel Entertainment: http://aboutus.lego.com/en-US/PressRoom/CorporateNews/article/338400.aspx

DC Comics: http://aboutus.lego.com/en-US/PressRoom/CorporateNews/article/337942.aspx

You'll be seeing super heroes such as Batman, Iron Man, Spider Man and many more in the future! You can find out more by checking out our newest website www.LEGOSuperHeroes.com. You'll be able to find the most up to date information here!

Thanks again for getting in touch.

Amy

LEGO Direct Consumer Services

If what this person says is to be taken at face value, SuperHeroes is going to be an ongoing theme (with an ongoing series of Constraction figures) that will not replace Hero Factory.

Following the links I was given, I came across this interesting bit in the Marvel announcement:

The LEGO SUPER HEROES Marvel collection will spotlight three Marvel franchises – Marvel’s The Avengers movie, and X-Men and Spider-Man classic characters. The LEGO Marvel’s The Avengers movie line brings such ever popular Marvel characters as Iron Man, The Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Loki and Black Widow to LEGO minifigure form. The LEGO X-Men collection includes minifigure comic versions of Wolverine, Magneto, Nick Fury and Deadpool, while the LEGO Spider-Man sets offer minifigure comic versions of Spider-Man, and Doctor Octopus. The first buildable characters in the LEGO SUPER HEROES collection are highlighted by Captain America, The Hulk and Iron Man.

I wonder if there will be more buildable figures past this first series. Logic would dictate so, but if so, that means this will possibly be an ongoing series.

Just thought I'd pass this on.

Deadpool and Nick Fury minifigs. Right on, LEGO.

Anyway, I think I'll wait to see what the Hero Factory sets are like before buying any of the superheroes. All the recolored parts may well be featured in the next wave, so no real point for me to get any of these if that's the case. Honestly, I hope there does end up being a green hero. Seems at least somewhat likely, glancing at Green Lantern.

Anyway, I think I'll wait to see what the Hero Factory sets are like before buying any of the superheroes. All the recolored parts may well be featured in the next wave, so no real point for me to get any of these if that's the case. Honestly, I hope there does end up being a green hero. Seems at least somewhat likely, glancing at Green Lantern.

Given the small number of Ben 10-pieces which were re-used, I would only expect a quite small number of the Superheroes parts in the next HF-wave. But maybe I'll be wrong on this. I actually hope I am, because if the pieces get rereleased in Hero Factory, they'll cost far less.