Sign in to follow this  
Sir Dillon

MOC: Viktor's Office

This looks interesting. What is the story behind this wonderful MOC? I am not sure I know a referance to "Viktor's Office".

It is a good looking ruin though. :classic:

Thanks for the comments, Daniel's Dad and Lisqr. I've added a link to the Brickshelf gallery in my first post, which will have more pictures once it's public.

There isn't much of a set back story. My idea when building was that this was an abandoned/flooded office building that has been refurbished and made into a home by a group. Viktor would then be the name of their leader.

Amazing moc! The detailing is superb :thumbup: . I especially like the contrast between the stark grey of the back and the colorful inhabited side in these pictures, imagining how "Viktor" added random junk from the swamp to the building.

Really, just amazing work here.

I love how the building is off set on the base, and the graduating murk through the swamp, and all the random pieces to patch things together, the graffiti and the crumbling walls... It all gives a really realistic feeling to this MOC. Love it! :wub:

Great job, Dillon. Once again you prove your amazing skills. I can't wait to see this thing at BrickFair! I love the crane and the flooring, along with the damaged corners. Well done.

Hello!

A beautiful scene! :sweet: I always love seeing water surfaces! The green is great, and you even used different shaed below the tiles to mimic the different depths of water. Fantastic! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

This is a terrific MOC Sir Dillon, I really love everything about it! :oh:

I could see this building coming out of a Jean-Pierre Jeunet or Terry Gilliam movie, gritty and crumbling but still full of life, with a slightly fantastic feel. I love all the minute details, yet the plain rear walls and the still water bring a perfect balance so that the details are not overwhelming.

Sir, you are inspired! :thumbup:

This is a stunning MOC! :thumbup:

There are so many intricate details here and they indicate that this is a once grand building, ravaged by time and repeatedly patched. It could so easily just look like a run-down building but the evidence of repairs and the presence, and implied action, of the minifigs show this is an active building. The use of doors and car tyres to patch the building show imagination not just on the characters part, but also yours as the builder, and I really like the subtle colour scheme of red, yellow and green running through the MOC in addition to the grey and brown(s).

Additionally, building the structure on stilts over the swamp hints further at the erosion of the building, and the attempts made to keep it functional - a great detail. I'd love to know even more of the story behind this, but then there's also just as much fun (with so much detail in the build) in constructing our own.

Really great to look at and I'm sure you'll have plenty of interest when it's on display. :sweet:

Amazing moc! The detailing is superb :thumbup: . I especially like the contrast between the stark grey of the back and the colorful inhabited side in these pictures, imagining how "Viktor" added random junk from the swamp to the building.

Thanks Skipper. Trying to make the additions look appropriately ramshackle was a fun challenge.

Really, just amazing work here.

I love how the building is off set on the base, and the graduating murk through the swamp, and all the random pieces to patch things together, the graffiti and the crumbling walls... It all gives a really realistic feeling to this MOC. Love it! :wub:

Thanks for that nice comment Izzy. :classic: Do you still considered yourself a pirate without your cutlass?

Great job, Dillon. Once again you prove your amazing skills. I can't wait to see this thing at BrickFair! I love the crane and the flooring, along with the damaged corners. Well done.

Thanks for another comment Jaron! I look forward to seeing you again at BrickFair. I hope this year's display fits together a little better than the last one. :tongue:

Hello!

A beautiful scene! :sweet: I always love seeing water surfaces! The green is great, and you even used different shaed below the tiles to mimic the different depths of water. Fantastic! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thank you Legostein. The green water and the pattern beneath it aren't actually my ideas, but I'm glad you like the way it looks. I agree that it's a cool effect.

This is a terrific MOC Sir Dillon, I really love everything about it! :oh:

I could see this building coming out of a Jean-Pierre Jeunet or Terry Gilliam movie, gritty and crumbling but still full of life, with a slightly fantastic feel. I love all the minute details, yet the plain rear walls and the still water bring a perfect balance so that the details are not overwhelming.

Sir, you are inspired! :thumbup:

Thanks Fugazi! I didn't think about it during the building process, but someone made a comment about the castle in the bog from Monty Python and the Holy Grail that made me laugh. ("Other kings said I was daft to build a castle in the swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em!")

Oh, I saw this on Flickr.

I really like everything in this. The scale is impressive, but you don't fail to add detail.

I prefer small and detailed over big and blank. But the combo of huge and detailed is cream of the crop.

Ive been watching this creation for some time. The amount of new details and corners to discover is amazing.

Keep up the incredible work :D

your MOC is fantastic. Your design is really awesome continue like that Dilion