Brickdoctor

[MOC] AT-ST

Wow. That's amasing. I realy don't have the skill (or patiance) to do a good MOCing job, and when I see stuff like this I'm just awestruck. You're got yourself an amasing AT-ST Doc, the bets I've ever seen. I don't know how you managed to sit through the agonising hours of getting things like that to stand properly- I have trouble with even a tiny AT-RT MOC default_blush.gif - but hey, you're the doc, Doc. Amasing job, yet again.

Very nice, love the detail where it was applicable. Any estimate on how many pieces you used (aka: cost to build)? It's a good way to compare to TLG's sets and their choices.

This is lovely. I was hoping to build one of these myself, now I know where to come for 'research'. I remember saying that I thought you had redefined the definitive Lego T-47

I did? I don't remember that. :blush: It's more of me redefining my entire MOCing style: emphasis on studlessness where possible, unless using studs as shaping, working from the ground up with good reference material, and building in the higher sizes of minifig scale.

I don't know how you managed to sit through the agonising hours of getting things like that to stand properly- I have trouble with even a tiny AT-RT MOC

Compared to this, AT-RTs are a breeze. They're light enough to stand on nearly any connection you make. This is one of the harder sizes to build in. At up to around five inches tall, you can use nearly any connections. At up to around ten inches, stud-to-stud receptacle connections still work for rotating joints. And larger than this size there's lots of room for more elaborate Technic structures. But with this one under my belt, anything similar I do should be easier.

Any estimate on how many pieces you used (aka: cost to build)? It's a good way to compare to TLG's sets and their choices.

I didn't keep track, but if I had to guess I'd say around 750-1,000 bricks, and there are a few harder to find/out of production ones. (2x2 round tiles with MINI Falcon print, 1x1 tile with MINI T-47 print, toothed Technic half bush, Technic ball joint in light bley, etc.) I'd say it's worth $100-$125, not including minifigs or labor. But considering the prices some people who don't MOC will pay for some models, I could probably easily sell it for more. (not that I would sell it) Edited by Brickdoctor

Thanks, everyone. :sweet:

But if I settled for the current level I'm at, I'd never improve, right?

Yes , Yes, your right again :laugh:. Now ive been involved in the SW fourms Im getting more and more tempted to pull down some of my kits and start MOCing. I like to contribute but you always take the words out of my mouth, but when i get some time I want to sit down and contribute a nice MOC or mod. Doctor you are my Mentor and look up to you and your skills. :cry_happy:

Yes , Yes, your right again :laugh:. Now ive been involved in the SW fourms Im getting more and more tempted to pull down some of my kits and start MOCing. I like to contribute but you always take the words out of my mouth, but when i get some time I want to sit down and contribute a nice MOC or mod. Doctor you are my Mentor and look up to you and your skills. :cry_happy:

Getting started MOCing is a lot like launching a blog. You try to make sure everything is perfect before you start...and you never start. Whether you think you don't have enough pieces, don't have enough skill, or don't have enough of a following, the best way to start is just to jump right in. Your first MOC might be awful (and it'd be surprising if it wasn't), but upload it anyways and let us offer suggestions. The skill and following will come as you MOC, and you'll end up buying more pieces anyways.

Getting started MOCing is a lot like launching a blog. You try to make sure everything is perfect before you start...and you never start. Whether you think you don't have enough pieces, don't have enough skill, or don't have enough of a following, the best way to start is just to jump right in. Your first MOC might be awful (and it'd be surprising if it wasn't), but upload it anyways and let us offer suggestions. The skill and following will come as you MOC, and you'll end up buying more pieces anyways.

Now just have to convice my other half to give me time get building. She likes lego but never builds it, but at least she has patients when me any my son have Lego all over the house. We all know what it feels like whan you step on Lego *oh2* . Plus I need to keep my sons hand of it as well.

Im getting sick of repeating your comments and not really contributing to the community apart from a few liner replys. Lets see how I go.

Im getting sick of repeating your comments and not really contributing to the community apart from a few liner replys. Lets see how I go.

Looking forward to seeing your MOCs! :sweet:

Ooh, that's very nice. The Technic parts don't detract from the actual model, and the overall look is quite elegant.

Definitely a great display piece. :classic:

oh2.gif

First of all , Congratulations for this moc . It is by far the best AT ST I've ever seen .... I love every part of it , the "head " the legs , everything ! Finally , I just can't wait to see the interior ! All in all ,this moc is a total WIN !

I agree this is a really nice MOC. It looks fantastic! I wonder how you'll have this on your shelf, before you break it apart.

I wonder how you'll have this on your shelf, before you break it apart.

I don't deconstruct any of my later, better MOCs until I decide I want to rebuild them, so it should be up there for a while.

BrickDoctor, love this walker and one of the best moc I had seen. do you still provide the instructions after all these years ? not able to find it anywhere. thanks

Brickdoctor , my fav walker , love this moc, do you still provide instructions after all these years ? thanks

Can't believe I never saw this as this was around when I was first active on Eurobricks. Wow excellent MoC Brickdoctor!

BrickDoctor, love this walker and one of the best moc I had seen. do you still provide the instructions after all these years ? not able to find it anywhere. thanks

Brickdoctor , my fav walker , love this moc, do you still provide instructions after all these years ? thanks

Welcome to Eurobricks! Just an FYI when a topic is more then six months old (and even that can be a stretch) it's best to not comment and simply better to enjoy viewing. Otherwise due to the huge swathes of creativity and excellent MOCs that have graced EB through the ages the SW forum could be quickly filled with old out of date topics. This will drown out all of the wonderful new and recent MOCs members.

Edited by Forresto